Bush is at it again

Bush under fire

wonder what he’ll say this time?

You sound surprised. People have been talking about this since before the arguments against the war and no one listened.

I’m not suprised i’m just using this to emphasise what an asshole bush is.

Vyse: You must do better than merely say that he is an asshole. Everyone is ALWAYS posting links to one place or another merely to use it as a point that some odd-balled politician or another is an ‘asshole.’
However, they almost never add in their own two-cents besides the usual (and useless) name-calling.

I would like to ask: A. what would you do if you were Bush, and B. Who do you think would have done a better job?

After considering these questions, you will most likely take a deep breath and thank whatever deity you pray to that you are not in the White House.

Sorry, I don’t pity politicians much…especially if they have an IQ lower than that of a rock. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Originally posted by Trillian
Sorry, I don’t pity politicians much…especially if they have an IQ lower than that of a rock. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Or a bush. [badum-tsh]

1. Although officially Christian I do not worship any diety and I’m basically an atheist
    2)I couldn’t be in Bush’s place as i’m not american
  2. I would have presented sufficient evidence to the UN to support the war and if i even went to war gone with their full backing

Nice one Trillian

Well, What it looks like to me is that he’s trying to make this out to be like Japan in World War 2. too bad Japan attacked us first.

Now, Afghanistan was warranted: If someone kills somebody (Or makes the plot to do so) are you going to let him into your house and tell the police that they can’t have him? That makes you an accomplice. And you will be taken down and tried with him.

That said, I would have just sent the aid to Iraq. Under U.S. supervision, but really: small business forms the core of an economy. I wouldn’t have given it to people who aided my compaign. Well I WOULD have yes. But not in THOSE numbers.

Who gives a damn, it’s politics!

Although I do think the whole thing was completely uncalled and idiotic on Bush’s part. He really should try to become smarter in handling these sorts of things.

GGGGRAHHHHHH!!!
ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID!
Jesus, he’s doing the things HIS Dad did, why don’t they work harder on the economy?

Sin’s right. No one should be surprised that Bush, or any big-party politician for that matter, is scratching the backs of his campaign contributors. Appalled, yes, but not surprised.

What different is this from the first thing he did when he got into office? Allowing oil drilling in Alaska?

People do not give away money to campaigns, and expect to get nothing in return. That’s why anonymous donations are frowned upon in Norway.

Newspapers should start posting news.

Nulani: Agreed, newspapers should start posting news. What news I have seen is ridiculously one-sided… I need to read two or three newspapers before I get anything CLOSE to the real truth… and even then I STILL need the Internet to fill in the holes.

Further, I would ask the person who mentioned the U.N.: What gives the U.N. its power?

The League of Nations failed, the U.N. has, more or less, endured to this day. The question is: Why?

It may be coincidental, but I notice that the United States was not a member of the League, but is a member of the U.N.

Then there is the question of how the U.N. is organized; some people (in my local newspaper) were complaining as to why France has a permanent council position. Perhaps some kind of criteria such as population, length of national history, national average IQ and/or military strength should be used to dictate who is and who is not a permanent member?

It seems to me that any government must constantly re-meausure itself to ensure it is remaining true to its original purposes. After all, anything could happen. One of the permanent countries could become split directly in half… in this case, which side is the ‘original’ and which side is the ‘rebels?’ Etc. etc. etc.

Then there is the oft-overlooked fact that there is evidence to suggest that the U.N. constitution was co-written or even written by a communist. Hmm… while I know there are probably some communists here, I am sure that most countries don’t want to spontaneously become communist…

As to oil drilling in Alaska, what’s wrong with drilling in Alaska? The arabs have been drilling in their territory forever, what’s wrong with us drilling in our territory? As long as these things get transported safely (remembers the Exxon incident) then things should go smoothly.

If you are merely going to say something to the point of the EPA, well, I have all sorts of smut about the EPA…

Denied people in one area their right to mow the lawn because some endangered rat was living there, in spite of the fact that the fire marshal of the area informed them that: No, if they don’t mow the lawn it will turn into a fire hazard.

It turned into a fire hazard, the house burned down, and the rats died. So much for protecting some damned endangered rat…

Then there was the guy who was defending his kid from a rattlesnake… it lunged at him, so he shot it. Next thing you know, he’s dealing with a jail sentence in spite of the fact that he was defending his son.

Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Have a nice day!

Originally posted by vyse the legend
[b]1) Although officially Christian I do not worship any diety and I’m basically an atheist
2)I couldn’t be in Bush’s place as i’m not american
3) I would have presented sufficient evidence to the UN to support the war and if i even went to war gone with their full backing

Nice one Trillian [/b]

Yes, it’s always easy to say stuff like that when you’re British, safe, and 15 years old.

Is Chris called Bush in real life?

Originally posted by vyse the legend
1) Although officially Christian I do not worship any diety and I’m basically an atheist
You can’t be both a Christian and atheist, and if you think you can you apparently have no idea about the Christian religion. Or what you’re talking about.

I am saying that on government records I am christian

Originally posted by Chris StarShade
Then there is the oft-overlooked fact that there is evidence to suggest that the U.N. constitution was co-written or even written by a communist. Hmm… while I know there are probably some communists here, I am sure that most countries don’t want to spontaneously become communist…
What on earth are you talking about? The United Nations Charter, which I think is what you mean by “constitution,” was drafted at a conference of fifty different nations that had been at war with Germany in San Francisco in 1945. I suppose you might mean that the Soviet Union participated in the process of its creation, but it’s beyond ridiculous to imply that it dictated the text of the charter. Also, as for your bit about France, France’s “history” is certainly longer than ours, and as for its military power, it’s one of the few nuclear powers in the world. Were you trying to make some kind of point there?

Originally posted by Chris StarShade
Denied people in one area their right to mow the lawn because some endangered rat was living there, in spite of the fact that the fire marshal of the area informed them that: No, if they don’t mow the lawn it will turn into a fire hazard.
You’re thinking about the 1993 California wildfires, and you’re ignoring the inconvenient fact that nothing prevented people from cutting brush above ground in the kangaroo rat’s protected habitat, since it lives underground in the first place. The bans had to do with plowing underneath land. But even so, the conclusion of the GAO in 1994 on this subject was: “Overall, county officials and other fire experts believe that weed abatement by any means would have made little difference in whether or not a home was destroyed in the California fire.” Why is that? Because the fire was carried by 80 mph winds, and easily got over two highways and a canal. Whether or not anyone “mowed their lawn” made no difference.

If you didn’t know that, why did you post about it? And if you did know that, why didn’t you post the truth?

Originally posted by Evangelion
Yes, it’s always easy to say stuff like that when you’re British, safe, and 15 years old.
For that matter, it’s also easy to send other people off to war when one is American, safe and rich.

The Chris you’re referring to…Chris Starshade? he made a logical statement that there are two sides to every story. Even though you may not agree with one or both.

And government records state you as Christian? Huh? I wasn’t aware that they recorded what you believe in…what should that have to do with anything the government is interested in? Not to mention that anyone’s beliefs is subject to change any time…and you’d have to be more specific than putting down “Christian”. Can someone fill me in on this?

Epic is right, you’re either one or the other.

EDIT: SK: …elaborate…? I interpreted your post in a couple different ways…

I was attempting to make the point that the fact that he’s British, “safe” (whatever that might mean), and 15 has little to no bearing on what he’s saying. If that’s all it takes to discredit him, it’s not hard to do the same to Bush.