Brief look at Nintendo's growth.

Here’s the income statements for their previous results.

1994 - $399
1995 - $316
1996 - $454
1997 - $496
1998 - $643
1999 - $809
2000 - $530
2001 - $690
2002 - $890
2003 - $580 (Project earning)

As we all can see, Nintendo has had huge success since the days of SNES and the company continues to grow even at the face of fierce competition from Sony.

All info can be obtained at

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/annual_report.jsp

Nintendo only makes hundreds of dollars? Damn, they’re poor.

This kinda makes me feel less guilty for emulating Nintendo games.

I think we would gain a better perspective on the matter if we could see the earnings of Sony as well. I don’t think looking at Microsoft’s earnings would be a fair comparision though…

Originally posted by PanamaJack
I think we would gain a better perspective on the matter if we could see the earnings of Sony as well. I don’t think looking at Microsoft’s earnings would be a fair comparision though…

Not if you look only at their earnings with games (Solitaire doesn’t count).

Let us not forget that both Microsoft and Sony deal in more than consoles.

And I hope those numbers are in millions of dollars.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]Let us not forget that both Microsoft and Sony deal in more than consoles.

And I hope those numbers are in millions of dollars. [/b]

No, of course not. Nintendo only makes a few hundred dollars each year. (/sarcasm)

Oh cool, that means I make more a month than Nintendo does in a whole year. I all of a sudden feel really rich.

Originally posted by Nulani
Oh cool, that means I make more a month than Nintendo does in a whole year. I all of a sudden feel really rich.

But remember Nintendo has to pay for making games, advertising, and other stuff.

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
But remember Nintendo has to play for making games, advertising, and other stuff.

I understand that they have to play to make the games (alpha & beta tests), but I fail to catch why they have to game for advertising “& other stuff”.

Originally posted by Ren
I understand that they have to play to make the games (alpha & beta tests), but I fail to catch why they have to game for advertising “& other stuff”.

To make screenshots, and they always have someone to demo play and E3 and other game shows.

Whoops.
Typo. I ment <b>PAY</b>

I think that they have been having a hard time against sony playstation, but I’m gonna buy a gamecube… just because of Harvest Moon :mwahaha:

I could just make a thread about a random gaming corporation and their earnings, too, but I wouldn’t because there is absolutely no point.

I’d be curious to see what kind of money the X-Box brings in. I would bet Gates is eating the cost of it and its games.

DIE GATES, DIE!!!

Nintendo is the only true gaming company. from their humble beginning with playing cards, they still strive to satisfie the consumer. And that is my essay.

Originally posted by pink_lugia
Nintendo is the only true gaming company. from their humble beginning with playing cards, they still strive to satisfie the consumer. And that is my essay.

Agreed that why I liked Nintendo in the first place, and the Sega of the past.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
I could just make a thread about a random gaming corporation and their earnings, too, but I wouldn’t because there is absolutely no point.

You critical about most things ain’tcha?

Originally posted by Cala
Nintendo only makes hundreds of dollars? Damn, they’re poor.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Play nice.