bookies

i haven’t read a book in about 1.5 years. SUGGESTIONS NAO!!!

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation - Lynne Truss

The Elements of Style - Strunk & White

Btw what kind of books (subject matter/genre/writers) are you interested in?

Dark Tower series

Anything by Kurt Vonnegut

Just picked up the Night Angel Trilogy, dunno how it is yet though.

I think anything by Dr. Seuss would be up your alley- some of them might be a challenge for you though.

:kissy:

This reminds me of when I was a newbie and I made that “drug dealers” thread, or when Ramza made a thread asking which bail bondsmen we preferred.

Merriam Webster Childrens Dictionary by Merriam Webster Inc.

Fix’d.

:kissy:

Whay kind of books do you like?
And you should def. read those Giver sequels.

What’d I do?

I should have said pimps. Damn it.

Why?

Anyway, sorry I forgot to mention what kind. I am definitely not into shallow horror books like goosebumps. I was very happy to see Dr. Seuss suggested, I’ve been hearing good things lately and to have it confirmed here just made my day.

But on a more serious note, I don’t want to get into a long series but some sort of adventure would be neat. I wouldn’t mind a drama as long as it has some adventure elements in it (and not the chick flick type of drama either, i already got sick enough from swine flu last month). Just nothing shallow really.

Look, I’m just gonna go ahead and say it. Everyone’s thinking it.

Lord of the Rings.

I’ve considered it, but its never been available. not even at the damn lieberry.

You can request books at your local library from other ones, and they’ll send it over in like, a week.
Or, put it on hold at your library so you get it when it comes in again. Im sure they have it, they all do.

The goosebumps mention was a joke right? Those are aimed at little kids.

If you do like books aimed at younger people, like the Dark Materials books, try The Wizard Heir and Cinda Chima’s other Heir books. I rather enjoyed them :slight_smile: And I’m not embarassed to admit readin’ the occasional young adult book! (Just not Twilight!) You can probably get them from your library, or ask them to get them.

Edit- How do you go a year and a half without reading a book!? Aren’t you in school?

I really don’t need to read anything else in this thread… nothing will top this response. :chupon:

i am in school. i was joking about goosebumps. and twilight is not a book, its the physical form of the word atrocious.

:;yea, i get. it, now.
sorry dbl post

I was going to recommend Forum Posting for Dummies, but if Gila isn’t going to read my reply then who will get the joke.

Still, I guess I should recommend something real, perhaps, Common Sense by Tomas Paine.

How about The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells or The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or The Book Thief by Markus Zusak? If short stories are more your thing, I’ll recommend anything by Katherine Mansfield.