Boogiepop/X/Lain/Seed

Started watching a few up at relative’s houses over Xmas while recovering.

Boogiepop Phantom

Holy crap that is one fucked-up opening sequence. Just started watching this one, but damn, it looks like it’s gonna be good. The first thing that came to mind was Stir Of Echoes, or some similar psychological thingy. Cool. Have storng impression I am going to love this. And Boogiepop’s coat rocks so much.

X/1999

First thought; “BISHIE DRAMA! RUN!”
About half-way into the first episode, second thought; “PSYCHIC DEATH-SOLDIERS! YAY!”
A cool anime. Like very much. About the only complaint I can level at this is this is the sheer amount of people who look almost exactly the same And yes, I know because of Fuma this has a reason, BUT it’s still annoying, and the exposition, which takes up a good chunk of some of the episodes. We can go without an explanation of the plot for more than three episodes, CLAMP.
(Bonus points for blatent Tokyo Babylon references ^^)

Serial Experiments Lain

Boogiepop again. Damn, this looks weird. Lain herself was freaky, until I finally realised what was wrong with her Her pupils are too damned small 0_o. Looks good also. Again the comparison to Lynch comes to mind. Like.

Gundam Seed

From episodes 1-28: "Kruz should just shoot everyone in the series for being Brats Above and Beyond the Call of Idiocy.
Eps 29-30something: “…Holy crap, what happened to the brats and what are these psychos doing here?”
And then it goes back to brats for a while. What they get for giving teenagers weapons of mass destruction.
Typical Gundam. Pretty good in places, genius in others, average all around. Meh.

I have so much to watch over January now.:hahaha; :yipee: :hahaha;

I’ve seen BoogiePop Phantom on Tech TV.
Weird stuff.

I really want to see Gundam SEED.

We can go without an explanation of the plot for more than three episodes, CLAMP.

Thats not Clamps fault, they made the manga not the anime.
I don’t like the anime at all!! The manga is much better! In the anime is way to much “Kotori-stuff” and not as much “maybe-shounen-ai” as in the manga.

What were Seishiros last words to Subaru?
I know them only in German, what did he say in the English version?

I’ll gte back to you on that one. goes to search

[spoiler]Okay, found it. In the fansub I’ve got, he falls past him, his lips move, but there isn’t a translation there.:fungah: Then Subaru says;

"You… never… said any of those words, even when I expected them from you.[/spoiler]

Wasn’t there a film of X/1999? I haven’t seen the series but I’m sure I’ve seen a film called that, and the name Fuma seems really familiar.
Or maybe I dreamt it.

Yes, there was a film. Apparently it sucked, although I haven’t seen it yet. The series pwns though, especially once Kamui stops being such an asshole.

Actually, I didn’t think the film was too bad, a little more explanation of what the hell was going on wouldn’t have gone amiss though. I guess I’ll have to watch the series.

I’ve had actual trouble trying to find out what the film was about. COuld someone clue me in?

I saw the film and I HATE IT!!

There is no real plot:

Kamui comes back to tokyo. Subaru and Seishirou kill each other (very short and unimportant scene) Kotori gets kidnapped by Kanoe. Kamui meets the others. Fuma becomes dark kamui. Some bloody figthts. Sora sacrifices himself for Arashi (she gets killed few minutes later o_o). Friend and enemies dies one by one. Kotori brings birth to the secon sword. Final battle on tokyo tower. Fuma dies. Kamui (holding Fumas head in his arms) cries: WHY? Some sakuras. ending theme by x-japan. cut.

Maybe I forgot something, it’s been a while since I saw it.

Boogiepop again. Damn, this looks weird. Lain herself was freaky, until I finally realised what was wrong with her Spoiler: Her pupils are too damned small 0_o. Looks good also. Again the comparison to Lynch comes to mind. Like.

her pupils? hehe, I remember watching this a year ago. I couldn’t really get into it for some silly odd reason. Probably because I rented one tape at a time (and me not remembering what happend in the episode before…sigh)

Originally posted by baka-neko
[b]I saw the film and I HATE IT!!

There is no real plot:

Kamui comes back to tokyo. Subaru and Seishirou kill each other (very short and unimportant scene) Kotori gets kidnapped by Kanoe. Kamui meets the others. Fuma becomes dark kamui. Some bloody figthts. Sora sacrifices himself for Arashi (she gets killed few minutes later o_o). Friend and enemies dies one by one. Kotori brings birth to the secon sword. Final battle on tokyo tower. Fuma dies. Kamui (holding Fumas head in his arms) cries: WHY? Some sakuras. ending theme by x-japan. cut.

Maybe I forgot something, it’s been a while since I saw it. [/b]

So basically it’s the entire series jacked into one film and horribly mauling the original plot at the same time?

nod

And the artwork was also bad!!

When Kamui cries “why?!” my first thought was: “Yeah, why is there a bad movie like this?!”

The final fight was pathetic short. If the story sucks at least the animation could be better, but it sucks, too… :too bad;

X is amazing, if you need more Pierson, check #rpgc

Originally posted by Pierson
So basically it’s the entire series jacked into one film and horribly mauling the original plot at the same time?

You know those two X clips in the AniMix? They are of X/1999

From the looks of it the Animation was fine, even great. Nothing horrible looking there…or maybe those two clips were the only good clips of the movie…

NB, I already seen all of X. Amazing series. The end was a slight letdown though.

From the looks of it the Animation was fine, even great. Nothing horrible looking there…or maybe those two clips were the only good clips of the movie…

Maybe the animation isn’t THAT horrible, but compared to the series the movie sucks.

And the characterdesign could be a bit better: Some Charas as Kamui are looking really cool, but Kotori looks weird… She looks so cute in the manga…

Originally posted by Pierson

Sadly, yes.

I just saw 2 ep of Boogiepop.

Weird.

Originally posted by Nightblade
[b]I just saw 2 ep of Boogiepop.

Weird. [/b]

The word you are looking for, young master, is ‘Godlike’.