*boingboingboing*

My day was wonderful.
My friends and I went to the mall to go halloween shopping. I bought spiffy little accessories like earrings with pirate skull and cross bones on them. And a hat that looks adorable on me. ^^
I realized today that I’m cute(as I tried on my friends maid outfit) and am very much concieted over the fact.

I also don’t get Vectors, Mabat. I also like to capitalize things on a whim apparently. But I do get linear dependence and independence.
:dancer:
And that’s so sweet Wil. ^^

Anyway, in the happiest news to happen to Arac recently, he got a lady, again. Only, unlike most, this wasn’t some punk floozy at a concert, but a girl I’ve actually been trying for for a year. So that’s cool. Then we went to a rave and broke glow-sticks open and painted ourselves with them. A whole bunch of my friends did, too. All those losers holding glow sticks, we were glow-Jackson Pollocks with a little bit of Lettrism (a pink anarchy A in glowstick on my back, to be precise, and Lia wrote Tweak, her nickname, on the back of her jacket). Downside of that is that our skin is all chemically burned because they are not fuckign joking when they say that shit is toxic. It’s worth it, though, even though I have freaky lizard arms and a few holes in my face.
Also, thanks to being already in perfect shape and extremely flexible, I’m pparently picking up Capoeira much faster than I otherwise would be, meaning it might actually be possible for me to learn Shaolin or Wing Chun Wushu simultaneously and complete my goal of being competant in three styles by the time I’m 21. I figured 7 years a style, forgetting that one cannot practice Muay Thai at birth or something, but that was the goal and it’s looking possible again.

What this place needs is stuff blowing up at the sound of the 1812 Overture.

Here’s something positive: The Republicans are going to get creamed in the midterm elections.

I got a new job where my work is more appreciated.

Good News Somebody!!

I just got my car back from the shop and it’s mine. All mine. MWHAHAHAHA:booster:

A lot of good things happened today:

*I got the only perfect on a writing assignment. Not much, but it’s still good. Too bad the rest of the stuff’s due in a few weeks, at the same time as two essays in other classes.

*Nothing broke at work today.

*The dorm cafeteria was serving something edible today.

*I stumbled upon a way to explain Mortal Kombat Armageddon’s storyline.

*I managed to finish Zofloya at long fucking last. That book is simply trying.

So, what’s your opinion on Zofloya?

I just got a new job, well more like a promotion and I start next month. Whoo hoo! Another wonderous thing happened- last night I finally got my power back after more than a week in the dark. I see the light! Ahhhh!

I bought myself a new Bosch dishwasher for my condo.
My new vacuum actually sucks my hair out of my carpet. God do I ever shed.
My sister found and is sending me a new copy of the NDS Castlevania game no one can find anywhere.
I’m being reimbured 2500 bucks in tuition fees.
I was awarded a named 3000 dollar scholarship for the fall in addition to that.
I’m soon going to receive additional back pay on my CIHR grant that’ll be paying my living expenses for the next 6-7 years.
My PhD project is rolling forward, the last talk I gave went super smoothly and generated a lot of enthusiasm.
I evaded the jaws of retribution after pissing off my university’s faculty by skipping out of their treasured white coat ceremony. I was subsequently advised to be careful with how I chose to be rebellious.
I got my iPod replaced for free after my headphone plug bugged out.

To be honest, I didn’t care for it as much. It’s one of those novels that takes its sweet, merry time getting to anything remotely resembling the main point, and when it does, it starts rushing through events at warp speed, with countless characters popping up only to die, a protagonist that grows more and more insane, another guy that plays an important part for a while and vanishes until the end, and a lot of murder and suicide, all wrapped up in a nice moral center about how parents should raise their children properly, or they will become murderous seductresses bent on destroying anything in their path.

There’s a wealth of possibly critical viewpoints that can be taken with it, making it very interesting from a literal level, but on a personal level I’m glad I won’t have to touch it again for a good, long time.

Man, why don’t I ever get these?

My curiosity is picqued but my yet unread books prevent me from serious planning. I may indulge if I find it in a flea market…

In other happy news it’s sunny again. Hah!