*boingboingboing*

Knew you’d look. :kissy:

Due to my own failure to read correctly, it will take me at least one more term than planned to get my master’s degree. This makes me angry. Thanks to Jing and good friends I’m feeling better today, but my mood has been swinging at random this last week, for no apparent reason. The degree thing is just a visible one.

Anyway. Here’s where I turn to you. Why don’t ya’ll just pucker up and share something positive or happy. It may not fix my or anybody else’s problems, but it can at least bring in a little light. You guys are important to me, y’know.

So, my positive thing is that I spent most of the day with my sis, having a bit of pie and watching anime, then went against my fear of the dark and being in places unfamiliar to me found my way through a part of the town I haven’t been in before, to get to a friend’s little birthday party. Where I was made to eat way too many cookies and tried out Dance Dance Revolution pretty successfully.

sits back and waits for thread to spiral into a discussion about religion, politics, science, philosophy, or underwear

I had a pretty good day, myself. Spent the better part of the day with my cousin, who just got Mortal Kombat: Armegeddon, which is pretty damn fun.

And I have a Ren Faire to look forward to this weekend. I get to wear my cape. :smiley:

I was sick today! On the negative side, I vomited.

But on the plus side, I got a much needed break and got to talk to people whom I normally miss for one reason or another, which was very pleasant. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I don’t feel much better. :frowning:

Fortunately, tea without milk is good and I like it! It’s more bitter than with milk, but I quite like it now. By which I mean I’m addicted to tea now.

I was in bed till like three…which was quite nice.

Uh. science. I read Stephen king? Sci-fi count?

Religion. After reading the first 100 pages or so of the bible, I got disgusted at God and became an atheist! OH THE IRONY! (I find it quite amusing though <<).

Our Taoiseach (think, Prime Minister) has gotten away with political murder. HUZZAH FOR HIM! I kinda respect him for it to be honest.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? The question that has plauged mankind for centuries! (Along with ‘What has four legs…and tic(k)s?’)

And I spent the first half of the day in my underwear.

All the bases covered!

Oh, and here’s me as a lady. To cheer everyone up. >>

Today has been boring for me, but yesterday was pretty good.

I heard I had an interview for a part time job, which will help bring in some money.
I also met up with a load of friends who I hadn’t seen since July.
I met a bunch of a new people at my old university accomodation, who are all very nice people. Some of whom are very beautiful and interesting girls.
And I had a great time going on a bar crawl with my old and new friends. Helping show the new people all the good spots, of the city.

Negative side, I’m in the same situation you are, Weilla.

Positive side, my courses are now more relevant.

Religion. After reading the first 100 pages or so of the bible, I got disgusted at God and became an atheist! OH THE IRONY! (I find it quite amusing though <<).

Are you sure it wasn’t the last 100 pages?

Sitting back and enjoying my almost fall break.

I don’t have much going on except for this chapter of trig homework that needs to be finished, but I should be done with it by the end of the night. Other than that, I’ve got a whole weekend of game playing, job hunting, and and anime watching.(Oh, and submitting replies to various threads):toast:

I’m a 20yo first-year undergrad.

Positive: We finally churned out our layout practice in the form of a Film Noir comic.

Negative: Exam week rears it’s ugly head and I still have no real clue about Vectors.

Underwear: Silky Spider-Man boxers make it all better.

DDR is a pretty fun first experience, and you’ll get better at it soon enough :wink:

Nevar 4get!

Speaking of politics, Weii, didn’t one of your ministers get caught from not paying her TV permit or something like that for the last 15+ years or so?

Happiest thing to happen to me recently?

Well, as you guys know, I’m 40 years old and unmarried, with no children of my own. (And QUITE happy that way, mind you :stuck_out_tongue: ) However, as you also know, the responsability of raising a child fell on my lap anyway, after my sister Ileana had a child out of wedlock. Although the father accepted him as his son, and sends them money regularly, he moved to Pennsylvania where he married someone else. In other words, he’s never going to part of little Luis’ life.

Now, I don’t have to help Ilea raise Luis. It’s not my responsibility… but single parenthood is hard, and growing up without a father figure, while not strictly necessary, is always hard for a boy. Plus, I guess I owe it to her, since she helped raise me after our parents died, back when I was about 12.

However, I was afraid of doing it, I’ll admit. Not just because of all the effort involved… but because, well, one runs the risk of becoming too close to the child, you know? And as you watch him grow, you never know if he’ll love you back as much, specially since he knows he’s got a dad somewhere. What will happen once he’s old enough to start asking why his father isn’t there?

As I feared, I became close to Luis… unbelievably, even chores like helping potty-train him weren’t as disgusting as I expected (!) And you guys already know what a hard time I had both babysitting and taking him to his Little League trainings and games last season, specially as I was working at the same time. It drove me nuts… and yet, I enjoyed every moment being with him.

I have to admit it: I love Luis like a son, not a nephew. But although we are very close, would he ever love me as much?

Last Sunday, as I finished visiting my sister, she told me, smiling:
-“Guess what, Wil? Luis told me he wished you were his father.”

Excuse me, I got something in my eye. Sniff

(Weii: Hope that helps cheer you up a little. And thank YOU for starting a “feel good” thread, this place can certainly use it. You’ve always been a caring person for all of us, and we will always be grateful and supporting for that.)
:cool:

I’m a 20 year old high school student. Beat that.

Happy thing: I’m taking the next week off so I can go down to Maryland and Carolina to visit friends and relatives. I’ve got a friend at the University of Maryland Baltimore County (I think they may have changed the name) that I’m visiting Monday and Wednesday. She’s busy Tuesday, so I’m going to hang out with my dad then. His job is in Baltimore, so he’s got a condo down there where he stays during the week and comes home on the weekends.
On Thursday and Friday I’ll be visiting a friend who goes to William and Mary. Then I think Saturday I’ll go further south to visit my Great Aunt Pat who will attempt to make up for not seeing me in over a year by trying to feed me as much food as one could eat in a year. Seriously, last time I visited, we had bacon, eggs, and toast for breakfast one morning; she made a dozen eggs for three of us (herself included), gave me half, then when I only ate like 4 of them asked why I didn’t like them.

I’m a 20 year old with a bachelors degree. :slight_smile:

And herpes!

Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you

Whoa! I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you

{ sax, two licks to bridge }

When I hold you in my arms
I know that I can’t do no wrong
and when I hold you in my arms
My love won’t do you no harm

and I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you

{ sax, two licks to bridge }

When I hold you in my arms
I know that I can’t do no wrong
and when I hold you in my arms
My love can’t do me no harm

and I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, well I got you

Whoa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would
So good, so good, 'cause I got you

Going out for a drink with a close friend today counted for something :stuck_out_tongue:

I got a new friend. I did so by screaming at her that I loved her. Naturally that’s a joke since I have a girlfriend. Instead of screaming and smacking me, she said that it was odd, since she didn’t know me. So I introduced myself.

Now we hang out kinda often.

That’s cool.

I played FFX for five hours today to console me during the course of my own grad school troubles. The good news part of this post is that unlike when i played the game four years ago, I can actually like the characters now. Tidus is still more than a little annoying, but I’m willing to consider Lulu and Wakka human now. When I first played the game, I was too annoyed by the jaws of the people around me hanging open when Lulu came on screen (this was a college freshman dorm, mind you) to take the character seriously; now I can. This is a running theme for when I go back to replay Final Fantasy games - I often appreciate the characters much more the second time through. This was especially the case with Aeris in FF7 (not because of the spoiler, though).

Now, FFX might not seem like the greatest remedy for troubles, but it’s a much better one than either breaking my hand on a wall or staring at a wall for hours in a state of paralyzing indecision; in fact, I’ve found that the less I include walls in these sorts of things, the better.

For the record, I’m cheating my way through FFX. Infinite gil and automatic ultimate weapons. No way I’m dodging lightning or wasting time on Blitzball, no-sir-ree-bob.

I rented Valkyrie Profile 2 and have been playing it all week :smiley:

I also may finally have enough will power to make a shrine :smiley:

That is not ridiculous at all. There are lots of people who don’t even go to post-secondary, not to mention choose to go to it later in their life. Regardless of if they graduated high school when they should have or not.

Oh I wish that I could have lightened your mood dear Way-la. Unfortunately I had a miserable day myself.

Woke up in a panic,
Like somebody fired a gun
I wish I could be dreaming,
But the nightmare’s just begun.
There’s flooding in the basement,
There’s water all around.
There’s woodworm in the attic
And the ceiling just fell down.
I’m in a state (state)
Of confusion (whooooh).
I’m in a state (state)
Of confusion (whooooh).

All the dirty dishes
Are still in the kitchen sink.
The tumble dryer’s broken,
Now the telly’s on the blink.
My girlfriend’s packed her bags
And moved out to another town.
She couldn’t stand the boredom
When the video broke down.
Don’t know why I feel so bad.
Is it the weather, or am I going mad?
Don’t know why I feel this way.
I don’t know whether I’m coming or I’m going,
Can’t cover up 'cause it’s obviously showing.
It’s a state (state)
Of confusion (whooooh).
We’re in a state (state)
Of confusion (whooooh).
I don’t know whether I’m coming or I’m going.

Should feel happy, should feel glad.
I’m alive and it can’t be bad,
But back on planet earth they shatter the illusion,
The world’s going 'round in a state of confusion.

Standing on an island
In the middle of the road.
Traffic either side of me,
Which way will I go?
I should’ve stayed at home,
I should have never come outside.
Now I wish I never tried
To cross the other side.
I’m in a state (state)
State of confusion (whooooh).
It’s a state (state)
Of confusion (whooooh).

Lyin’ awake in a cold, cold sweat,
Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get.
No escape from the state of confusion I’m in.
State of confusion I’m in.
Whooooh