Bigmouth(s) Strike Again

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2003/09/24/recording_industry_withdraws_suit/

This just made my day =)

Yeah the little intimidation they gave off just stopped there.

Haw.

I knew something like this would happen. Idiots, the RIAA are.

The problem with IPs also lies in the face of IP maskers and variable IP addresses. That creates big problems for stuff as serious as lawsuits.

Just thinking about crap like this, even though I’m in Britain would I be liable? I mean I have downloaded a crap load of songs, and usually it’s because I can’t get them e.g Zone Of The Enders OST songs.

Another smooth move for the RIAA…

And the kami have smiled upon this day.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Hayes
Just thinking about crap like this, even though I’m in Britain would I be liable? I mean I have downloaded a crap load of songs, and usually it’s because I can’t get them e.g Zone Of The Enders OST songs.

You’ve just given them evidence they needed to catch u1

Just kidding. They can act only in US. Which is why they can’t shut that server in an island in the Pacific that’s holding Kazaa alive.

This won’t be the last time, and it probably isn’t the first. Too bad the Record Industry Association of America didn’t press on with the sue, lose it, and be forced to pay a fortune.

That’d make my day.

Originally posted by Ren
[b]You’ve just given them evidence they needed to catch u1

Just kidding. They can act only in US. Which is why they can’t shut that server in an island in the Pacific that’s holding Kazaa alive. [/b]

They can still act in Britain. Copyrights are universal. It would just depend on if the British government was willing to cooperate and let them sue you. As for Kazaa, it isn’t because of Kazaa’s location, it is because Kazaa isn’t technically doing anything illegal. Kazaa isn’t one big central server that holds a bunch of music files like Napster did. Kazaa is just software that allows people to get stuff from other people’s computers. Tghose files could be free music, programs, books people wrote, etc. The set-up allows for legal trading, it is the people that make it illegal, which is why the RIAA can’t do anything about Kazaa.

So did Napster, Nick. Nap was as legal as Kazaa. But I checked some things, and now I see you’re right about them acting anywhere in the world.

Also, from what I’ve heard of it, they only go after the people who are sharing the 1000s of songs. I’ve yet to hear of people being sued for ONLY downloading them.

That could change if the RIAA decides to stupify their tactics further, who knows?

If you’re that worried and all you get are anime and vg music, don’t be a dork and look for FTPs at places like rpgamers.net . Nothing safer than that. I use FTPs because I want quality. Last time I tried getting an OST on stuff like Napster, I got screwed, it sounded like shit.

Originally posted by Sinistral
If you’re that worried and all you get are anime and vg music, don’t be a dork and look for FTPs at places like rpgamers.net . Nothing safer than that. I use FTPs because I want quality. Last time I tried getting an OST on stuff like Napster, I got screwed, it sounded like shit.

That usually happens to me too. Except for the FF7 OST stuff I downloaded.

Copyrights are weird.

You violate the law by priting my webpage, technically you violate the law by just viewing it since that creates a cache. I guess they didn’t know how the Internet works when they made those copyright laws. That’s how the Norwegian copyright laws are anyway.

Most of the laws regarding the internet are extremely out of date anyway. When they actually pass new laws that actually make sense is when people might start obeying them.

Originally posted by Sun Demon
Most of the laws regarding the internet are extremely out of date anyway. When they actually pass new laws that actually make sense is when people might start obeying them.

That would give the people some degree of knowledge. The government doesn’t want that. They want their helpless slaves to be nice and stupid, so that they can be easily controlled.

And I laugh in your general direction, RIAA! Your strategy is flawed! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-realizes that he uses Comcast…HOLY CRAP!