Best White Wizard

Garnet/Dagger. Her summons kicked ass, especially Bahamut.

Rosa, no question, Rosa is the best user of white magic ever. Not only that, but she’s good at something other than magic.

Minh starts as a White Wizard, that’s why I put it. Didn’t remeber that Tellah is a Sage and FuSoYa A Lunarian, I just tough, well they have White Magic, but if they have Black and White Magic they are Red Mage, right? I was going to put Aries in there, but you know…

There is no technical White mage/wizard in FFVII. Remember, with all the Marteria, no one is a mage. Sure, she’s the closest thing to a white wizard in that game, but the faxct is, there are no archtypes in that game.

Fine. If FFI WM isn’t an option, Rosa. pouts

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Garnet/Dagger. Her summons kicked ass, especially Bahamut.

You know, this brings up an interesting point, actually. neither Garnet nor Eiko were just white wizards, they were also callers. In fact, Summoner was their actual RACE. So I’m guessing that the White Magic thing was just a secondary thing for them, with Summoning being first and foremost. Thus, they are CALLERS, not White Wizards.

Looking at his list, the only ones on here I see who really were classified as White Wizards or mages were Rosa and Porom. Of course, I haven’t played FFX, so i wouldn’t know about Yuna.

Well, if you want to classify them as callers, you could take Yuna off the list as well, since the fact that she is a summoner and the daughter of a high summoner is a central point to the plot. Seems like Square got bored of having white mages that couldn’t fight back without party support.

White Mages are coming dangerously close to becoming Black Mages with this offensive weaponry. I WANT THE OLD WHITE MAGE BACK!

Dear God, I have like five different responses to that outburst. All of them putting me in danger of getting banned.

The simple fact of the matter is that FF2 characters simply don’t have classes. Having boatloads of white magic doesn’t change this. All that would create is a character that uses lots of white magic. You can’t define somebody within the universe of FF2 as a particular class when classes simply don’t exist within FF2’s universe.

The possibility of giving Minh black magic without the aid of any additional abilities invalidates any claim he would otherwise have to the title of “white mage”. White mages cannot, under any circumstances use black magic (except in games like FF5 and FFT, where you are able to learn the ability to use a class’ magic with another class).

Also, keep in mind that there’s usually more to being a white mage than the magic you cast. They are generally able to only equip certain robes, staves and other light weapons. But this is not the case in FF2, since classes simply aren’t defined at all (which brings me back to my first point).

Well, that’s my view on the situation, anyway. I understand and respect the opposing view, even if I don’t agree with it.

Well, That means there’s just Rosa and Porom on the list, technically… the only White Wizards on Final Fantasy

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
You know, this brings up an interesting point, actually. neither Garnet nor Eiko were just white wizards, they were also callers. In fact, Summoner was their actual RACE. So I’m guessing that the White Magic thing was just a secondary thing for them, with Summoning being first and foremost. Thus, they are CALLERS, not White Wizards.

There’s a lot of mixed classes in FF9. Look at Amarant, he’s like a monk/ninja… So I’d say Garnet and Eiko are Summoners/White mages… I mean Garnet was even wearing the traditional white mage costume in the beginning.

Stikll, the only Real white mages are Rosa and Porom.

Garnet.

Yuna had freaky eyes.

I voted FuSoYa. He was pretty useful when you have him in FFIV.