Best soundtrack

…for movies, anime, games, whatever.
For me, it’s a tie between POTC, The last Samurai and Escaflowne the movie.

What’s yours?

I’d probably have to say FFX.

Hey DG, why is it that most of the FF OSTs are either rare or out of print? I’m talking about FFVII-X. FFTA is already out of print? Why so quick?

The company that published them, DigiCube, burned down by the end of last year for being in the red of a debt over 9 billion yen.

Clicka

Legaia 2 and Wild Arms 3’s OSTs. 8)

CALA! I LOVE YOU! Finally someone who isn’t all “Grarar FFX OST is so crappy lolz.” Dunno why people get so defensive just because they didn’t make a traditional-sounding FF soundtrack. But anyway,

As for me, my favourites are The Hellsing and Cowboy Bebop OSTs, and I also just love Suikoden music in general. And I can list about 1000 individual tracks I like from hundreds of different games/anime, but I won’t.

Angel Sacntuary and MMX5-6 are worth saying though.

Movies
The Graduate
Training Day
Titanic
XXX
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Swordfish

Video Games
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X

Musicals
Phantom of the Opera
Fiddler on the Roof

I don’t know much of game music, though i have loved the music from the golden sun games, and at least one song from the chrono trigger game, have yet to play it though. I have always liked some of the mario music, i remember being scared in the sunken ship part of the Super Mario rpg: legend of the seven stars; was of course younger then.
For movie soundtracks in no particular order
Resident Evil, couple of marylin manson things and a depeche mode song covering an iggy pop song i think? and a rammstein song
Mortal Kombat, love almost every song
Matrix, half of it its cool
Save the last dance
Blade
The saint, nice bit of techno and pop i think
Hackers soundtracks, 3 exist, i like about 20 tracks all together
Labyrinth, decent David bowie tunes and score like songs
Red planet, i love the police song among others
Csi: crime scene investigation
Tomb Raider, love almost all of the songs
X-Files movie
15 minutes, sweet Prodigy song
Hm, thought i had more soundtracks, or well i guess i haven’t added ones i want.
I’ve been wanting the Cool world soundtrack, but haven’t found it in the stores ;p. Love to have the Big trouble in LIttle China sountracks, though maybe they are a bit rare now. I so wish that a soundtrack had been put out for the Ferris Buellers Day off movie.
As for anime, i have the Trigun:Spicy Stewed Doughnuts and sadly the yugioh: music to duel by(got it for christmas) and it sucks. Of course theres more anime soundtracks i’d like but they are pricey ;_; and only available online.
Obviously i don’t have a couple of favorites, i hate deciding favorites.

Movies

Top Gun
10 Things I Hate About You
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Games

Zelda: OoT
Zelda 1 (kinda)

Musicals

Phantom of the Opera
Jeckle and Hyde

My opinions.

Well, I guess I like these, why else would I buy them? Anyway, here are the ones I actually have:

The Best of Inuyasha

Inuyasha Opening/Ending Theme song collection

Freaky Friday (the most recent one)

Treasure Planet

And my friend got me the El Dorado soundtrack for my birthday a few years ago. I don’t really listen to it much, but it does have a couple of good songs on it.

I don’t actually have any video game soundtracks, but if I ever find a FF:CC soundtrack somewhere, I’m gonna get it. Hee ^_^, I just love the music in that game!

Movies:
Queen of the Damned
The Matrix
Resident Evil

Games:
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Earthbound

Originally posted by GunsmokeMist
I don’t know much of game music, though i have loved the music from the golden sun games.

Ooh, good taste! 8) The composer for Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age is none other than Motoi Sakuraba. He’s well-known for his high-energy battle and dungeon themes, as well as his calm, sad songs (Theme of Rena from Star Ocean 2 is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard.)

If you like his work, you might like the music from Star Ocean 2 or Valkyrie Profile.

Movie
Return Of The King (Really epic and cool)
Donnie Darko (It was really surreal, fitted the film perfectly)
Star Trek Nemesis (I loved the music playing at the beginning when the camera approached Romulus)

Game
Final Fantasy VII (Aeris’s theme was absolutely beutiful)
Final Fantasy X (Otherworld just rocked)
Dynasty Warriors 2 (Some pretty good rock)
Dynasty Warriors 3 (Same as above just better)
Soul Calibur 2 (Some really cool pieces like Hubris)

EDIT: I forgot School Of Rock… the music was pretty cool

Definately Oh Brother Where Art Thou. The City of Angels soundtrack is pretty nice too. As for games, I don’t pay attention too much, but most of the FF series, and Dynasty Warriors 2 and 3 are excellent, 4 was a little wierd.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
[b]Ooh, good taste! 8) The composer for Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age is none other than Motoi Sakuraba. He’s well-known for his high-energy battle and dungeon themes, as well as his calm, sad songs (Theme of Rena from Star Ocean 2 is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard.)

If you like his work, you might like the music from Star Ocean 2 or Valkyrie Profile. [/b]

I’ll have to get those games sometime ^ _^; i’m way behind on games. Uh stupid question but what platforms are those games?

Edit for my previous post in this thread: Uh Save the last dance only had a couple of decent tracks as well as Resident evil and not sure i should have listed Matrix, since theres only half the songs i like. Was listing soundtracks i owned instead of really paying attention to what the thread was about, sorry.

They’re both PSX.

Warning though; Valkyrie Profile was on a “most underrated games of all time” list a while back. Not only is it underrated, but it’s also ridiculously hard to find these days.

EDIT: Eva speaks the absolute truth. Best battle theme ever!

The boss theme in the Tombs of Amenti kicks so much ass Dalton. I can never get enough of that game.

Everyone go download SO2 and VP music. it rocks your socks.

My favourite game soundtrack is FFVIII. I like the other FF soundtracks, and the Dynasty Warriors ones too. As for movies, I would probably say Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Rocky Horror. Hellsing’s got a great soundtrack too.