Best damn site on the web

It has alwas been I dream of mine to run the best gameing site on the web, (Free site I may add, I hate pay sites like Ign) but I have never had the time or money to make it happen. A good friend of mine has shared my same dream but with movie sites. We have recently decided to follow those dreams together and from two separte sites but both linked by name and affilation.
The site names would be FiveMovieFreaks.com and FiveGameFreaks.com We have been working on planing the sites for a little over a year now but have come to reilze that we are going to need a lot of help. We have all ready might some one on this forum who has helped make a very impresive logo but are still in need of help. We are looking for people intrested in anything from sending in some news every now in then to co-owners.

The 3 main type of people we need are.

1. Web designers
  2. Artists
  3. Writters

If you have any Questions Please Email me at king_al@earthlink.net

my AIM sn: roadrashwilly

Even if you want nothing to do with us please leave any comments, Questions, Ideas on this tread.

First off, wrong forum. Second your site sounds stupid. Third same as second. Amen.

It has alwas been I dream of mine to run the best gaming site on the web
You and about 10 000 other nerds. Popular gaming sites aren’t just “created”, they grow from years of work and efforts from many people. Just because you envision greatness, doesn’t mean it will come to you quickly.

We have been working on planing the sites for a little over a year now but have come to reilze that we are going to need a lot of help
If you’re going to start a gaming site, I suggest that you start out small. At the beginning you should only have a couple of people, and then you should hire more people as needed (not as predicted). Also, try doing something that’s fresh and innovative with your site. Nobody wants to see the same old stuff repeated by a bunch of amateur web designers. Trust me, there are a LOT of failed gaming sites out there.

Finally, this is definitely not the best way to recruit people for site work. Since you’re just starting out you should pick people you KNOW will do a good job, not some random folk you’v recruited from a forum.

Oh yeah, and RpgClassics is already the best gaming site out there. Sorry if they beat you to it. :cool:

RobWalker, please stop insulting people like that before you’ve even seen any result. Posting only to senselessly bash somebody is called trolling and it’s against the rules. Thank you.

FGF, I’ll wish you good luck :slight_smile:

Frist off thank you Weiila for standing up for poor me. And to the rest of you I fully relize that its would be near inpossiable for us to become a really big web site, I mostly just wrote it that way to get people intrested. I also just wanted to get some feedback on Ideas, so instead of telling me to make a something"fresh and innovative with your site" you could kindly give me some ideas.

P.S.
its more like 1,000,000 not 10,000.

P.S.S

Second your site sounds stupid. Third same as second. Amen.
Your just an A** hole

FGF, I’m gonna wish you luck because shit on a stick with butter on top, you’re gonna need it- most great game sites take at least 2 or 3 years to make it up that far, and even then, it’s pretty much a cult following that they have.

And I agree with Jack- don’t recruit people from forums, your site’ll have less chance of survival than a penguin in a sandstorm.

…You’ve been planning for over a year, and all you have is an impressive logo? Sorry, but that doesn’t entirely fill me with confidence…

Your best idea would be to start off dedicated to a specific genre of game (like rpgclassics is. RPGs are taken, by the way :ah-ha!: ) and expand from there. Think of a game you really like, rip it to bits, make a site on it, and go from there. Try to be fresh, original- never copy anything- after a while you should have a decently-sized site.

Um like they said, wrong place, and what you are doing, thats advertising too. Kinda goes against your own morals.

And where the heck are the admins on this?

Is there a problem? I don’t consider this spam because spammers generally only make one post and don’t follow up. I don’t think this idea will work, but that doesn’t mean he can’t try, I guess.

I wish you luck, but I gotta agree with Cid; there’s a good chance your site could fail. There are so many gaming sites that to get to be the size of RPGC takes quite a while and some good faith and humor. Hey, maybe you’ll be the one in a thousand to make it. Best of luck.

Well, I’ll wish luck to you, for reasons that have already been stated.

Good luck!:moogle:

Originally posted by PanamaJack
Oh yeah, and RpgClassics is already the best gaming site out there. Sorry if they beat you to it. :cool:

PanamaJack speaks the truth. And since you can’t beat us, you might as well <a href=“http://www.rpgclassics.com/join” target=“blank”>join us</a>.

Join us…

Join us…