Best Blue Mage

Seeing as how blue mages are better than white mages and black mages, I guess I should make this.
I’d say Quina is the best, cause it uses forks, and eats the enemies… and that frog catching mini-game, that was sweet.

Quistis…she just rocks because she annihilates things with a whip and she’s not your standard blue mage. Kimhahri is my second choice.

I didn’t like how they made blue magic limit breaks for those 2. They would of been much more useful if they could use the magic by itself, but that wouldn’t of worked with the way they were using magic I guess.

Quistis was a blue mage? hmm, guess I didn’t play far enough to find out. I just assumed from the use of GFs there was a lack of class division like FF7. Then again, blue mage is a special ability.

Quistis has my vote, she’s just cool and extreamly inteligent.

QUISTIS!!! She rocks, her blue magic is very useful, specially her Missle that cuts half HP (Except for bosses), Plus she’s a smart ass, that so HOT! Khimari is my second, and Quina my third. I just didn’t like Stargo.

Quina. Anyone who EATS their enemies alive to steal their strength and powers is pretty damn cool in my book.

I’d have to go with Strago. Come on people, he’s a MAGE WARRIOR!!! A very old mage warrior, but one nonetheless. Plus, he had a nice spread of abilities, and could learn one of the coolest spells ever (Grand Train).

In closing, just because you guys think Quistis is hot, doesn’t me she’s the best blue mage.

I just like her character. Quistis was very under rated and misunderstood, and her Blue Mage skill seemed to have nothing to do with her character…so it wasn’t hyped a lot like Strago’s was…I dunno I just liked that fact, that she could randomly use such a skill, and it didn’t enter into the storyline anymore.

Strago was too old!:get it?: I know that’s a stupid reason but that’s all there was to his character…the oldness and the blue magic. Quistis was way more complex. I dunno about Kimhari if he was complex (doesn’t talk a lot?) because I’ve never played the game, but that’s one blue mage right down to the colour.

EDIT:Kimhari…Kimarhi…Kimahri…I dunno how to spell it…

Strago. He’s an “original” Blue Mage, by which I mean he learned his attacks when he SAW them being used by enemies in battle, which was what Blue Mages did when they were introduced. The rest, all you had to do was eat monsters after wearing them down Pokemon style, Lancet them once, or use items. -_-; A bit too easy, if you ask me.

Originally posted by Dragonessa
Strago. He’s an “original” Blue Mage, by which I mean he learned his attacks when he SAW them being used by enemies in battle, which was what Blue Mages did when they were introduced. The rest, all you had to do was eat monsters after wearing them down Pokemon style, Lancet them once, or use items. -_-; A bit too easy, if you ask me.

Umm, just check me on this, me girl. You’re preaching for the original blue mages, where al they had to do was SEE the attack, then suddenly say that fighting the enemies down to near death, bt mot quite, is easy?

Yes. >.>;;

Okay, just checking. :slight_smile:

Something I never got…

What exactly is defined as a Blue Mage?

Hmm… this is a tough one.

Strago’s stats aren’t spectacular, but the FF VI Lores are great.

Quistus can’t use her Blue Magic outside of Limit, but she’s got Shockwave Pulsar.

Quina’s stats are horrible, but his/her Blue Magic is even better than Strago’s.

Kimhari is like Quistus, only with better stats.

Screw this, I’m voting for Gau.

Originally posted by luke skywalker
[b]Something I never got…

What exactly is defined as a Blue Mage? [/b]

Someone who can absorb enemy spells and use the spells back against the enemy. Basically fighting fire with fire.

That’s why I love Blue Magic. Because you’re taking your enemies techniques, and using it against them. Well, I also like the search for all the Lore spells. But I’ll settle for just the Basics, like White Wind, Big Guard, Magic Hammer, beta…

Blue Mages were always the odd character, and they used spells that no one else used, that’s why I liked them.

Quistis, hands down.

Versatility and effectiveness of her spells as well as her non-magic capabilities wins out.

And, sue me, I like the character.

Kimahri. Mostly because he was both a fighter and a blue mage. At least he could be, he was the character in which you could do pretty much anything with. But i usually made him do wakkas and aurons path.