Best Beattitude?

I like number two best.

I like my fist in your face best, bitch face.

That wasn’t nesessary. Number four.
Why didn’t you add the “for they/theirs…” parts?
EDIT: I’m was spacing out and said the wrong one.

4 sounds rather Paladin-ish. I like it.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

anything with the word righteousness in it is automatically cool

Poll options can’t be longer than 100 characters, and some were, so I had to take that part out. And then I decided I want everything uniform, so I took it out of all of them.

#7. We need less righteous people and more peacemakers.

The irony is that by living according to the beattitudes, you are in fact BEING righteous (from a Christian point of view, anyway). Not <i>self-righteous</i>, mind you, which is being prideful, and is therefore unrighteous (which I assume, or at least hope, is what you meant), but just plain old righteous (morally upright, which is a good thing).

I am a peacemaker… :suckah: :ark: p:unch::

Hiryuu: Yes, that’s what I meant.

The fourth one.

I think some might change there minds if the saw what the rewards were(cool ones at that):
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall posses the land.
Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Meh…none of the rewards really interest me…now, if there was a beatitude like “Blessed are those who game without GameShark, for they shall inherit one of every game and console ever made” that’d be different. >.>

That’s the unofficial one. These are just the one’s quoted from the bible.
Unofficials also include:
Blessed are those who use duct tape, for ability in improvisation in all aspects of life is theirs.
Blessed are those who game without GameShark, for they shall inherit one of every game and console ever made.
Blessed are the intelegent people, for they shall rule the ignorant.
And so forth.

Err, then how did we come to our current state of affairs?

Just kidding. It does make you wonder sometimes, though…

how about Blessed are the sick?

Blessed be those persecuted by the Turner Life Insurance commercials, for they shall be vindicated.

I’m afraid the reward is a lie though. =’(

what the hell are beattitudes?