Being a grammar nazi pays

I make most of my living as a translator, mainly correcting grammar errors for local college students who can’t be bothered to learn good English. When I come online, I do so to have FUN- the last thing I want to do is go over my own words and correct small typos. As long as the meaning gets thru, I just leave things the way they first come out.

;_;

dieplz; it would do great wonders to the economy of kittens.

EDIT: Yeah, I know that sentence made no sense; I made it up off the of my head! Now to find some excuse to use semicolons in a list…

I outsource kitten labour to cheap, indian kittens, instead of supplying local kittens with jobs and thus a means to sustain their families.

ALWAYS! If there is ever a situation where you might use who or whom, you should always choose whom. The impact of this is magnified ten-fold when you’re using lots of other big words, and whomever (Use whomever instead of whoever also) you’re talking to will instantly yield to your mastery of all things language.

Prepackaged humor ahoy!

I’ll make sure and get to work on my Burger King sig, then I’ll be as prepackaged as you. Wait…

I’m too busy NOT caring…rock on with your bad self.

Mmm, prepackaged sarcasm. It oozes and drips from its wrapper, making it appear juicy, but when you actually open it up, it’s dry and tasteless. :frowning:

Dude. He’s clothhat. You do not make fun of clothhat. >=(

I play Counterstrike: Source, and I’ll never give a damn about online grammar again. ::doh::

“The word ‘whom’ was invented to make everyone sound like a butler”
-Calvin Trillin

I should know, I can smell my own

I don’t want to be an ass or anything, but even I managed to pass that test with a 3.7, Ren :stuck_out_tongue:

I speak excellent English and write very well, but get me up in front of a large group of people and suddenly I’m confusing the prepositional verb with the direct object. People who can speak properly in front of a bunch of staring people are in my book masters of a language. >_>

Kor: that’s because we speak English better than the native speakers, brother. Probably because of online life & gaming abuse by their part. How much does it rank in “you scored higher than x% of previous examinees” for you?

Now THAT is a broad generalization if I have ever seen one.

I wouldn’t be so confident because you aced an online exam. Whilst it’s nice to see you got a good score, I wouldn’t apply that result vs the entire English speaking world. I might know Portugese, and do well on a test, but that doesn’t mean I can perform better then someone native to Brazil, when it comes to everyday applications.

Also, I think there is a large difference between reading and writting a language. Sure I may screw up with written English, but I’d bet my bottom dollar I can speak it better then you.

Isn’t it because of online life and gaming abuse that your english skills are as good as they are?

You call this a life?

It said I scored better than 79% of the examinees, which demonstrates that most of the examinees were morons :stuck_out_tongue:

Poptart, I don’t have an accent. Well, I do have it from the point of view of a brittish or an australian person. People think I’m american when they hear me speaking. And I can do everyday things pretty well too. I’ve already travelled abroad and people hardly noticed I was a tourist.