Beautiful, beautiful sky

Right now it’s 4:37, 4:38 AM (east coast time). I think the best part of my sleeping schedules is seeing the sun rising everyday. But today the sky was even more gorgeous.

I checked my sky charts for this month and noticed that Mars, Venus and the Moon are nearly aligned towards Earth. They are over Libra now, and some of you may even see Jupiter on Virgo.

Well, I went looking by the windows, and there they were… The moon, a dark disc with a very slim, bright arc in it’s lower side (might be the upper side, depending on where from the globe you look at her). By her side, a little to the North, a seemingly superbright star, which is actually Venus. I didn’t see Mars, I think he was outshined by Venus.

Due to the hour, with only the first sun rays, the sky was plentiful with hues of dark blue in a degradé, making a beautiful contrast with the lunar disc. It was almost as if the moon was a hole in the heavenly mantle, with molten gold by the edge of the gap, nearly pouring from another reality to our world. Add the pink , purple and dark blue (darker than the sky) clouds, and the gold circle rising from the eastern horizon that is appearing just as I type, and you get what I really wish I could put on a canvas.

By the time I got my camera the clouds had covered my muse. But that’s okay… The sky doesn’t change much in one day and the weather here is the most predictable and constant (the clouds seem to come here only by sunrise), so I’ll have a shot at them tomorrow.

In a few minutes there’ll be sunrise and a parade of clouds here, and I can’t miss them. Farewell, and for those who are still awake, good morning.

For this reason, you may be feeling a little uneasy about something important. Don’t let these feelings overcome you! Discuss them with a close relation, or focus your energy on a project to take your mind off of it. Be weary when handling money today, as well.

…I’m so sorry. It sounded like something right out of a horoscope. I just couldn’t help myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bleh horoscopes. Mine never work for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the sunrise and all, I missed it. Yay sleeping.

Wow, that sounds absolutely amazing. I wish that our sunrise here in the Midwest could be a bit less dreary today. I would have loved to see that. There is nothing better about staying up through the night than seeing the morning come at last. One of may favorite parts is when my curtain suddenly comes aglow as the sun peeks over the top of the building across the street and floods my room with golden light. I wish i could have the window open, but i dont want to bother my roomate.

And as funny as that was SG, you just killed a Zen moment. Come on now, it hurts when you make fun of cosmic beauty.

Life is full of little beautiful moments, but we’re usually too busy, angry or depressed to pay attention to them. (I know because I was like that several years ago. Thank Goodness I got over it.)

The other day, after I moved back to Puerto Real (my childhood home, a fishing village) I was looking at the sea and then noticed it was raining… on HALF the PR bay. The OTHER half was bathed in the golden rays of the setting sun, filtered thru clouds, like a bliblical picture effect.

I found the juxtaposition… breathtaking.

The other day, after I moved back to Puerto Real (my childhood home, a fishing village) I was looking at the sea and then noticed it was raining… on HALF the PR bay. The OTHER half was bathed in the golden rays of the setting sun, filtered thru clouds, like a bliblical picture effect

So true,so many beautifull views in the world,yet people never see it,they never take a moment of their time to just look around.

For me one of the greater pleasures in life is just sit down and look at the sky,be it day or night it is always absorbing.

SG, that was hilarious XD

I love to see it when it half-rains half-doesn’t here, though I never got the beautiful light effect you got there Will.

I’ve seen something like that myself, it’s freaking beautiful.

I’m jealous.

And you didn’t take a picture to share with us? >_<

I’ll try in a few hours. I’ll see if my camera handles it.

Edit: Curses, by the time the moon is in a good position for me to take a photo, she’ll already be outshined by the sunlight.

Sigh… I don’t know how much time it’ll take for such a composition to reappear in the sky. I’ll look ahead and be prepared for other ones, though.

That’s very cool, I remember seeing Saturn and the northern lights on the same night.

It’s been raining where I live for 3 days now, I haven’t seen the sun in a while.

Oh wow. That must have been awesome to see. Lucky you. I rarely see the sunrise or the moon as it begins to fade because I’m just never up that early. But I watch the sunset when I can. The colors just surrounding the mountains as the sun dips from view are amazing, even though I realize the only reason they look so nice is because of all the pollution the city has.

I see skies of blue … clouds of white … the bright blessed day … the dark sacred night … and I say to myself … what a wonderful worEARTH ASPLODE

Ten bonus points to Yar for making me giggle.

On topic, I can’t remember the last time I was up early enough to see a sunrise…I’ve always liked those cloudy evenings where the setting sun turns the whole sky red, though.

Quit reading the chick horoscopes, that’s probably your problem.