BATMAN IS THE SHIZ-NITE! And he's batty, that man....

THE TUMBLER!!!

(the movie is positively orgiastic)

but, in all seriousness, if this film isn’t nominated for Best Picture I will be incensed. It’s absolutely incredible. You <i>have</i> to see this in theatres.

I just saw it, it’s awesome alright, but… what’s with the Chinese ninjas?

it’s an explanation of how Bats learned his repertoire.

Ninjitsu was created in China, anyway, Gilly. Well, sorta. It was named something else, and the standard equipment was all different, but it was really the same thing.

Also, Hades, in Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns, The Joker breaks his own fucking neck, just to torment Batman. Not to mention Batman dies of a heart attack after beating the shit out of Superman while he’s framed for murder. It isn’t kid stuff.

One thing they don’t explain: When Batman’s fighting the guy when he first enters the monastary, he’s naming off all these different techniques, but based on the clips from his past, he never even learned them. :ark:
Movie is good though. The camera-man kinda sucked a little-everthing is way to close up during the fight scenes.

"It’s not who I am on the inside, it’s what I do on the outside"

Did anyone else really like the actor who played Scarecrow? Because I did.

He reminded me of Johnny Depp in the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory commercials.

He kinda reminded me of Jim Carey when he played the Riddler.

Thats not it, cuz that quote is stupid and sounds retarded. What Batman said was very poignant. Dont just write crap, and try to pass it off as anything worth reading, Trk.

Hey, I had just seen the movie when I wrote that. It’s the raspy voice that made it sound that way.

“It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.”

Oh, let me guess…that’s from a fortune cookie right?

Oh, wait, no it isn’t. Anyway, the movie was good. Really good. Best Batman movie. Batman Returns is no longer my favorite.

(Woah, Merlin, you like The Untouchables too? I saw that when I was like, 6 or something…that brought me back for awhile)

THanks Merlin, I knew I could count on you and not that idiot, TrkJck, who is an idiot.

There isn’t enough space in the profile field for all of them, but I’ve been saying The Untouchables is one of my three favorite movies rather consistently for a while now.

I can understand a bit of frustration, but I thought they were great. His enemies sit in the darkness and he flys down, like a bat, and takes them down one by one. I think the editing of the fights were supposed to be more or less based on the erratic movement of a bat, which is why he dives down and takes down his opponents and all we see is a flash and a fist.

that’s actually a very good point, although I still think that in the few scenes where he does fight a number of people at once (I’m specifically thinking of when he fights those ninja guys belonging to Ducard near the end) that they should pull the camera back a little so we can witness the carnage better.