Barry White dies at 58

This saddens me… :frowning:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/04/obit.barry.white.ap/index.html

Fuck o_o. That’s pretty young.

We bid farewell to another great person…

!!!

:frowning:

Someone hug me ;_;

gives Urk an imtimate hug:kissy:

Why does all the good bands break up, and all the good singers die? And stop looking at me, I’m just Death: Life does the killing. Sad really, even though I haven’t heard any songs by the guy.

I saw that news scroll across the bottom of the screen earlier today on CNN. I feel sad…

awwww :frowning:

Barry had a voice that nobody in this world could match. He will be greatly missed.

Nooooo that can’t be ö.ö He looked so healthy on Ally McBeal on wednesday runs off crying :frowning:

Bummer.

58 seems kinda young. Then again, maybe he had some health issues stemming from his massive size? (Barry White was a rather rotund individual…)

Oh well. Hopefully he enjoyed his time on this earth.

He had very high blood pressure.

And all the best bands/singers break up before they should.

That’s a shame, really. He was a good singer. Odd that he had a high blood pressure though, he seemed to be one of the most relaxed singers ever.

Yeah he was, but it happens… He is the only singer of that kind of genre I liked. And I like his music alot, I’m listening to his music in memory of him.

Barry White was the King of Romance! It really makes me sad that he died… At least Isaac Hayes is still alive!

Back Sono / Barry White - Practice What You Preach

Originally posted by Bakufan19
And all the best bands/singers break up before they should.

That’s what makes them good bands/singers. If they stuck around longer, eventually they’d start to suck. Case in point; Metallica (many people will argue this, let me finish). Even though some of their music is still alright, I’d say that, imo of course, their current albums aren’t as good as their older albums. I could say the same about The Rolling Stones, or any other band that hasn’t ever broken up. Because they run out of creativity, but their fans refuse to let them break up.

Look, St-Anger Sucks! That’s it, that’s all…

That’s what makes them good bands/singers. If they stuck around longer, eventually they’d start to suck. Case in point; Metallica (many people will argue this, let me finish). Even though some of their music is still alright, I’d say that, imo of course, their current albums aren’t as good as their older albums. I could say the same about The Rolling Stones, or any other band that hasn’t ever broken up. Because they run out of creativity, but their fans refuse to let them break up.

Reminds me of the BeeGees when they broke up, but they got back together and now sorta broke up again (after Maurice died, but Barry and Robin are still around). But, the BeeGees will live on!!! And so will the memory of Barry White.

I’ll agree with you that St. anger isn’t the best album metallica has, but you have to admit it’s still better than some of the other stuff out there now.

And on topic:
goddamn…

Barry White’s one of those people you just gotta respect, and I didn’t even listen to his music.