Barbie and Ken Breakup

I thought Barbie was with G.I Joe, and Ken was with one of his friends.

Who cares?

Where exactely is the difference between Barbie and Ken being together or apart? They were never sold in the same box anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you saying that because they don’t share the same niche at their conception, that they should be reproductively isolated, DT? Does everyone need to be in the same box to get along?

I’m not as worried about Ken going for the other girl dolls than the image of male dependence the thing about barbie might be projecting with the other doll, enhancing the superficiality of relationships and projecting the image in just 1 more way to an entirely new segment of society.

Sin loves teh Gold ‘n’ Glammour barbie I sent him. loves her! wants her and ken to be together forever.

I love you Charl :smiley: , I had almost forgotten about that. Damn man, it took me 10 minutes to open the box cuz I couldn’t figure out who it was from and WHY THE HELL I was being sent a gold’n glamour barbie.

Originally posted by Sinistral
[b]Are you saying that because they don’t share the same niche at their conception, that they should be reproductively isolated, DT? Does everyone need to be in the same box to get along?

I’m not as worried about Ken going for the other girl dolls than the image of male dependence the thing about barbie might be projecting with the other doll, enhancing the superficiality of relationships and projecting the image in just 1 more way to an entirely new segment of society. [/b]

Uh, no? My point was just, if I hadnt read the article I wouldnt have noticed that they “aren’t together anymore”, (which is crap anyway. Hello? They’re dolls. DOLLS. o_o;) simply because I never took them as promoted as such.
I mean, they won’t go all like “Check out Ken’s new girlfriend! He broke up with Barbie but thats ok cuz now he got Malibu stacie whatever now with a new hat!” in the commercials.

…will they?

Wait… uhh… did “Barbie” find “someone” ? And… uhh… everything comes to an end? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s called jumping on the publicity wagon. Every time a big star has a breakup it gets front-page news. So why not Barbie? Instant rumor mill. See? WE’RE talking about it. 8p

It’s satire DT. Hello? Satire. Not supposed to be taken seriously in the slightest.

Hmm … who initiated the breakup, I wonder …? If it’s Barbie, and she goes with a lesbian now … and Ken still has feelings for her … then this could be the first two-females-one-male love triangle in which one of the females is being “competed” for!

I love you Charl :smiley: , I had almost forgotten about that. Damn man, it took me 10 minutes to open the box cuz I couldn’t figure out who it was from and WHY THE HELL I was being sent a gold’n glamour barbie.
KYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Good times. surely you still have that box?
I love that story, I shoulda told it in the anecdote thread.

[b]I think this is symbolic.

Seriously, think about it: people are brainwashed into believing they have to fit a certain image. Now, the image reflects the people in how common break ups and divorces have become in America. [/b]

Yeah I thought that too actually.

Ah, I wonder how poor CC is going to take this… oh, wait, it’s a different Ken. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, the inside scoop I heard is that Ken and Blaine, well, Barbie caught them being more then just friends if you catch my drift. I mean, she was suspicious when Ken stopped asking for sex, while at the same time spent more and more time with the boogie boarder. This all lead up to her…GAAAH, I’ve already thought to much about this…GAAAAAAH.

[b]I think this is symbolic.

Seriously, think about it: people are brainwashed into believing they have to fit a certain image. Now, the image reflects the people in how common break ups and divorces have become in America. [/b]

Not to mention that one of the new “Flavas” dolls is named Barbie. Seems they tweaked her image to help her identify with their key demographic, which now appears to be gangsters and prostitutes.

According to an article I read, a Barbie doll is sold EVERY 3 seconds.

It’s ghetto Barbie!

Originally posted by Stoker
Well, the inside scoop I heard is that Ken and Blaine, well, Barbie caught them being more then just friends if you catch my drift. I mean, she was suspicious when Ken stopped asking for sex, while at the same time spent more and more time with the boogie boarder. This all lead up to her…GAAAH, I’ve already thought to much about this…GAAAAAAH.
Stoker … you’re a wild man.

Stoker speaks the truth
He just caught my best attention and made this thread better :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t see how people can be “brainwashed” just by a Barbie and Ken doll break up, that’s silly. if a kid thinks that, they were truely screwed up to begin with. Honestly, what kid or adult would say or think to this situation “Omg! if <i>they</i> broke up, maybe I should follow their wonderful example and remain just friends with my husband of 20 years!”

It’s just about publicity and to stir up a little bit of shit to get the media back into the dolls.

I wouldn’t mind being brainwashed if the story was as interesting as this :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Stoker