Bagger Vance

How many of you out here have seen the movie “The Legend of Bagger Vance?” My father and I have the house to ourselves until Wednesday (mother and sister went to northern Maine), so dad and I decided to watch a movie. It was either this, or the Tuxedo. I decided to watch this and I was glad I did.

Anyways, I don’t want to give much away, but the movie stars Will Smith and Matt Damon (and is narrated by Jack Lemmon aka one of the Grumpy Old Men). All in all I found it a very good movie. Good enough to claim as my favorite.

It has it’s funny moments. More serious than anything (hell, it is a GOLF movie), but I still found it to be good. Watch it if you haven’t seen it yet.

Yea, I’ve seen it. For a movie about a game where you hit little balls and walk after them, it’s pretty good.

Golf: Where rich white guys go out and play with their balls.

Golf: Where rich white guys go out and play with their balls.

So you’re calling Tiger Woods white? Or are you calling me rich?

Golf is the second most pointless game ever. You hit a ball just to walk after it. The most pointless is horseshoes. You throw a horseshoe, someone throws it back.

it’s pointless to sit down in front of the computer and talk to people you hardly know… like any game, there is a point to it… :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Xelopheris
Golf is the second most pointless game ever. You hit a ball just to walk after it. The most pointless is horseshoes. You throw a horseshoe, someone throws it back.

It just needs to be spiced up with a few modifications.

Such as…

FULL CONTACT GOLF!

Everyone has a different colored ball. They all tee off at the same time, then they run and chase after their balls and whoever hits their ball into the hole first wins that hole. They can hit other people’s balls but can’t actually hit other players except to body tackle them or shove them out of the way.

Whoever wins the most holes wins the match. In the event of a tie, they play a bonus hole and whoever wins that hole wins.

There you go, fun and interesting golf. I think I need to go to bed now…

…Rast, you are a GENIUS! That would kcik SO much ass…

Over The Tuxedo, that was an excellent choice. And I haven’t seen Bagger Vance.

I’m a Jackie Chan fan, but damn. He’s done HELLUVA lot better.

I’ve never played golf but Mario Golf on the N64. I’ve haven’t seen this show either, something I’ll have to watch. :slight_smile:

I’m probably going to see The Tuxedo tomorrow. I’m probably going golfing today with my father, uncle and either my pastor or another uncle or an old friend.

I do like Jackie Chan movies, but I also like Will Smith movies.

Bagger Vance was one of those ‘ahhhh’ films you watch when you don’t give a damn.

Cricket is THE most pointess/wierdest game in the world, and the nation that supposedly invented it sucks at it.

Originally posted by Pierson
Cricket is THE most pointess/wierdest game in the world, and the nation that supposedly invented it sucks at it.

Yeah, England team doesn’t fare well these past few years. I mean, the last time I watched Cricket (and that’s not a long time ago), they got their ass beat by SRI LANKA!

They get their asses beat by everyone. S’why I neve watch Cricket. That and the fact that it’s insanely boring to watch.

Originally posted by Orakio
I’m probably going to see The Tuxedo tomorrow.

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Don’t do it! Please don’t do it! cries

Hey, it’s not that bad, just Jackie doing what he does best, which is be an idiot whilst doing goofy-looking martial arts.

If you want to see a really terrible film, go see The Maxican, or Battlefield Earth

Yeah the Mexican is pretty bad.

I saw the Tuxedo recently, because I’m also a Chan fan. And well…yeah I’ve seen better. It’s really lacking depth, and just another ploy to market his martial arts skills, which wasn’t a whole lot in this movie, but well it was ok to watch. Jackie Chan is almost just like Jet Li to watch in movies, if he isn’t fighting he’s not worth watching.

Jet li does more matrix-like sequences than Chan does. I’d say Chan was more comedic fighting than serious fighting. That said, some of his films are pretty cool. I wouldn’t watch him in, say, a romance though.