Bad Choices

I can only remember bad choices, and am filled with regret. Is it that I only remember the bad choices and not the good? Or is it that I only make bad choices?

Yea. This thursday i turned in a paper i got off the web, so i’m regretting that.

Think i’m gunna get caught =\

There are no bad choices, only bad results! :smiley:

(There is a difference between “bad” and “immoral” choices, before anyone rants at me.)

But Nessa, it would be a bad choice to throw acid in your own face, wouldn’t it? I wouldn’t think that is immoral, but its a bad choice. =D

Naw. That’s just a stupid choice. :stuck_out_tongue:

And stupid choices are… bad choices! =D

Naw. >.> comes back when she has a better argument >.>;

Originally posted by Charlemagne
I can only remember bad choices, and am filled with regret. Is it that I only remember the bad choices and not the good? Or is it that I only make bad choices?
You are likely more inclined to remember the bad choices over the good ones.

I think that one of the greatest things about mistakes is that you can learn from them, and if it sticks out in your mind enough, you are likely not to repeat said mistake. This is why I think that I am more inclined to remember my mistakes and learn from them (I cannot generalize and say everyone feels this way, because I have no way of knowing if it is true).

There are less bad choices than good choices. The brain tends to heft at the irregularities.

You tend to notice the bad choices more since it has more impact on your life than good ones. Same reason you think you never criticals when RP:ing, but fumble alot. Fumbling makes more difference.

Your mom made a bad choice in giving birth to you. OOOOOOOOOOH!!!

errr, I mean. Yeah. Bad choices are something, aren’t they.

True. While some people go for that “always look on the bright side” stuff, others tend to remember negative episodes more often. Who can blame them? Some people go through a lot of negative experiences, or face one or two that affect them very deeply.

Hmmm…

I’d say that it “iz becasue you are crazy. It iz a gameboy. It hass no feelings. Ze new gameboy is mooch batter.”

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
[b]Your mom made a bad choice in giving birth to you. OOOOOOOOOOH!!!

errr, I mean. Yeah. Bad choices are something, aren’t they. [/b]
In reality, over 90% of the people here were probably mistakes.

Originally posted by Epicgamer

So thank your parents for being stupid and forgetting the condom.

The sure-fire way to tell: Your parents say you were a “surprise.”

…Yeah, I’m one of 'em. ;.;

Charl, I agree with Merlin.

Just punch yourself in the nadgers, and move on with your life, whatever your past situations were.

Originally posted by Dragonessa
[b]The sure-fire way to tell: Your parents say you were a “surprise.”

…Yeah, I’m one of 'em. ;.; [/b]

Ditto.

Man Epic, way to put a damper on the topic :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though Charle, if a few bad things happen all in a row, it’s really easy to get yourself into a mindset that only bad things will happen, and that only bad things have ever happened. People secretly want to have the way they’re feeling now to be the way it’s been forever. That way they say (in the deepest recesses of their brains) that at least when something bad happens to or through them, they’ll know what to do about it. They’ll get depressed and say, “bad things always happen to me,” or “I always make bad choices,” and at least in that, they feel safe.

This question is sort of an illusion, then, and the trick is to see it. Because the truth is that of course you don’t only make bad choices. You make really good ones too, and you make people around you happy, and people really do love you. I do. But the trick to seeing the illusion (and remembering the good times) is, once something DOES happen to get you out of the funk, look at your brain at that moment and commit it to memory - that the permanence of any one emotion is just an illusion, and that both the bad times as well as the good times obviously do pass.

-Mazrim Taim