Authors! Fellow Romans! Give me your strength!

Or at least the support to finish this… grah! I like it, I want to write, but I can’t bring myself to finish it! I even HAVE to finish it to post the rest of A Look on Another one because this is the prequel :stuck_out_tongue:
I don’t normally ask for comments but I need that little push to write the final chapter :hmm: Okay, here we are…
This is the beginning of “The Prince’s story”, the third fic in the series currently excisting of Magus’ Quest and Another life. And “A Look on Another One”, but there’s only one chapter of that in the archives right now.

<u>Chapter 1, Fall of the warlock</u>

The sun shone brightly over the capital of empire Garadia, sparkling in swords and helmets in the fields outside the town. The whole country was in uproar, preparing for war against the land in the East; Mandria. But inside the great palace a battle was already waged, and unbeknownst to anyone this argument would lead to the fateful end of the war, and maybe even cause the doom of mankind for all times.
“I am not going to fight in your war, your majesty,” a very cold voice stated again.
The words echoed through the throne room. Every single human in the great hall stared at the man who had spoken, each one with more or less disbelief. Some even in outraged fear, horror over age-old traditions being violated.
“I would consider my words carefully if I were thee, lord Janus,” another man’s voice said, sharply.
“Oh, I am.”
The tall, blue-haired man met the emperor’s angered eyes without even blinking.
“I spent over ten years of my life fighting in a pointless war, and I’m not taking orders from you.”
“Pride of thine sort can be very dangerous,” the man on the throne coldly said.
The woman by his side clenched her jaw and pressed her eyes shut tight in silent rage by the words, while Janus’ eyes narrowed.
“So you say?”
The warlock’s voice was colder than ice.
“And let me warn <I>you</I> then,” he said, each word cutting through the thick air of the throne-room, “of all enemies I have had throughout my life, none is alive to warn you about becoming one of my foes. Good day.”
With a violent move of his hand he created a flash of light that swallowed both him and his enormous snake.
As soon as they were gone the emperor turned to the advisor by his side.
“And his nephew is a recruit?” the royalty coldly said.
“Yes, my emperor.”
For a moment the empress simply stared at the two men in hate-filled horror.
“Husband!” she harshly said, causing almost the whole court to jump with her impudence, “thou <I>canst</I> not do that!”
“Silence, Lashey!” the emperor snarled, and his hands warningly balled into fists.
The empress clenched her jaw but lowered her head, paling with anger and despair.
‘Lord Janus…’

“Ignorant fool!”
Janus stormed into existence in the middle of the kitchen, nearly causing his brother in law to drop his bowl of tea. Cered very tiredly pressed one hand against his forehead, the faint hope that age had granted his wife’s brother respect for the emperor dying. Not that he had been stupid enough to let it become great for a start either.
“Your new emperor is even more foolhardy than your last, Cered,” the warlock snarled, furiously sitting down by the table.
“I take it his inquiry was not anything thee could apply to?” the red-haired man tiredly said.
“Inquiry?” Janus spat, “he <I>demanded</I> that I’d take out the enemy for him!”
“Have some tea and calm down, Janus,” Schala mildly said, passing him the teapot.
But Janus just waved it aside with an irritated movement.
“I should have taken Janatzer back with me too,” he grunted, “it’s sheer stupidity.”
“We could do something to prevent this though,” Schala said with a frown, “this war isn’t…”
“It’s no use,” Janus grimly cut her off, “the whole town is in a bright festive mood about the glorious battles ahead. They want to fight; there’s nothing we can do.”
“Still…”
She fell silent and stared at her tea.
“Well… at least Janatzer is just a recruit in training, so he’s not in danger…” she muttered, a bit bitterly though as she knew other families would not be as lucky.
With a grunt Janus pressed a hand against his forehead.
“I’m too old for this kind of idiocy…” he growled.
Schala glanced at Molor, just in time to see a streak of intense pain flash in the cold eyes. The woman held back a sigh, her heart aching for the snake as she knew what he felt. Molor had told her as she had asked once, concerned about the small signs of agony he hid for Janus.
The pain that the snake felt had its full origin in his kindred spirit. Molor was after all in reality a dragon, and he would live for at least two centuries after Janus’ death. And he dreaded that knowledge, hated and feared the future when he would be alone. But he did not want to tell his friend that, only easing his heart on Schala’s worried query once.
The princess looked up at her brother.
Sure he was older. They all were, but not complaining. They were still healthy, had only just passed forty. Schala had begun to find gray strands in her hair, just beside her ears, and lately Janus had started getting the same marks. But she thought that he was exaggerating with calling himself old. He hadn’t had any need to fight in the seventeen years passing since Charash had bothered them, but was still in great shape. And obviously, his temper could still explode when hitting the right nerve.
“How is Lashey?” Schala mildly asked, changing the subject.
“She had a…”
Janus paused and shook his head.
“She was fine,” he grunted, irritated.
Schala glanced at Molor again, but saw nothing in his pitch-black pools encircled by cold green this time.
“Her son must be seven or eight I believe,” Schala continued, as a matter of factly.
“Six,” her husband corrected, “her marriage was a late one, not until her highly honored father was on his last breath did she accept a suitor.”
“Persistent little butterfly, isn’t she?” Janus growled.
Schala just sighed lightly, Cered grunted something.
A door slammed shut.
“Is that you Ceredan?” Schala called, leaning backwards to see the door.
“Yes mother!”
A boy in his younger teens entered the kitchen from the small entrance room, smiling a bit. He had a fine, thin face and held a light training staff in his hand; looking to grow more wiry than muscular. Rather short cut, blue hair covered his head.
Though Schala and Cered’s second son was named after his father he had most of his looks from his mother’s side.
“Thou art back, uncle?” he said with a small grin, leaning the staff against a wall, “what did the emperor say?”
“Nothing important,” Janus said with a roll of his eyes, “he’s overestimated.”
“Truly?”
“Truly.”
The shadow of a smile even touched Janus’ lips as he spoke now. Schala couldn’t help but smile too. It never ceased to amaze her how all of her children affected her brother. Though Schaliya still was the one he loved most of the three, Janatzer and Ceredan were very close to his once darkened heart.

“… And so the heroes came to realize that the one they called their enemy must have had far other connections to the beast Lavos than they ever could have guessed. The warlock of the Middle ages hadn’t created the monster…”
Ceredan listens to my story with a concentration that almost makes me smile. I wonder if he has figured out the truth about it yet…
I need to clear my head of that idiotic emperor. Even though several days have passed since I was called by him I’m still irritated. Even Lashey’s better, at least she never tried to command me. One point to the headache.
Hmm.
It keeps bothering me. She <I>did</I> have a bruise, perhaps the makeup could hide it to others but both I and Molor both noticed. But she’s not the kind of woman who’d take such a treatment, is she?
Why do I bother about her? Makes me irritated just remembering how she used to look at me all those years ago.
“With Crono in the lead the three hurried into the crater to find their foe, but all that was there was another time Gate.”
“Lavos created it, didn’t he?” Ceredan grimly says.
I nod.
“Yes. With their usual bravery, or stupidity, the warriors ent… gh!”
‘<I>Mother… father… </I>!!’
There’s a crash from the kitchen, but before that a heart piercing screech from Schala. Molor almost jumps from the floor as I bolt up, the terror from the sounds in my head and ears almost tearing me apart.
“Janatzer!!” Schala screeches, her hardly sane cries a mirror of my feelings, “<I>JANATZER</I>!!”
“No! No, no… no!”
Cered stumbles into the kitchen by the time I reach it. His wide, wild eyes shoot between me and his wife.
“Tell me 'tis not so!” he cries, “not Janatzer?! Not Janatzer…”
But he knows, and I know. Schala knows.
Our Janatzer…
“<I>NO</I>!!”
I hardly hear my own chanting, pulling at the fragile telepathic call still shivering in my mind. In a blast of light the kitchen disappears, and I find myself, Schala and Cered in a battle field. Warriors stumble around us, desperate war cries and screams of the injured living a life of its own in a horrifying twister of death. Our appearance creates confusion, and some forgotten part of my mind is still sane enough to make me create a barrier against the rest of the world.
Schala and Cered are already on their knees, screaming and crying over the dead body on the ground.
He’s not more than a boy, barely seventeen. His hair is a red tumbleweed, now dirtied by the bloody mud that stains his face. Blood has sprouted into his face, his eyes shining wide and white where the blood hasn’t run into them.
An arrow is stuck in his stomach, the killing wound.
Janatzer, my nephew… Schala and Cered’s oldest son… he is dead.
“He wasn’t supposed to fight in the war, he’s only a recruit!!” Schala screams, tears flooding down her cheeks.
Crying screaming how many children like Schaliya did I bring death how many mother’s have cried because of me why did Janatzer die why was he sent to the battleground…
Flaring thoughts cut my mind and soul into pieces, I can only stare at the corpse.
Because I wouldn’t serve the emperor. He’s dead because I defied that blasted… <I>I</I> had him <I>killed</I>…
It’s all your fault, Magus within me smirks, and will you now dare to mourn, as the emperor’s sin is a copy of your own?
No…
I fall to my knees.
No…
You’re so weak.
No…
All your fault.
No…
All your doing, you caused this for thousands of others!
No… <I>NO</I>!!
My hands hit the melting ground, my burning tears blurring into the blood in the mud.
You’re a worthless wreck! You caused his death, <I>you</I> killed Janatzer!
“<I>NO</I>!!”
Scream all you want now that you face yourself, he sneers, what you try to deny, you worthless worm, is a crime beyond any compare!
Shut up shut up shut up shut…
Why is he tormenting me like this…? He always wanted me to be what he now claims as false… something’s wrong, he’s trying to break me…
But the faint realization is like ashes in the wind as I stare at the corpse, trembling by wave upon wave of horror of what has happened.
I caused my nephew’s death, I killed Janatzer… because I wouldn’t serve the emperor. I… <I>I</I>…
“<I>Raaahhh</I>!!”
The roar leaving my lips pierce the sound of battle as I dash to my feet, tears still streaming down my cheeks, burning my skin like acid. My arms stretch out in a direction each and I leave the ground. <I>NO MORE</I>!!
“Dark powers of the…”
That won’t work!
Magus’ sneer hits me like Charash’s paw, he seems to be outside of my head, speaking to my mind from someplace else… there’s an empty space left after him, has he left my soul…? How is that possible, he’s just a…
But that’s yet another query going lost, even though some faraway part of my mind screams in terror it’s not enough for me to stop listening.
There’s thousands of them, he coldly points out with another smirk, and the underworld doesn’t grant power to save lives.
‘What can I do?!’ I scream in my thoughts.
You really wish to pay for what <b>you have done? </b>
He sounds amused.
The faraway part of me turns over itself, screaming and shouting. But it feels so far away, everything seems so far…
‘What can I do?!’
<b>You want to stop this, don’t you? It isn’t free… </b>
It’s as if the darkness I have named Magus is a spirit of it’s own…
Good powers what have I done what have I done what have I done…
Killed Janatzer… brought this agony to countless humans…
<b>Ah… </b>
Magus smirks.
<b>You can’t turn back, I see that. </b>
That… darkness…
That…
Wait… it can’t…?!
My mind catches my soul and finally I realize exactly what “Magus within me” truly is.
‘By the powers… no! It’s impossible!’
<b>Ha! </b>
‘Back off, rather will I die!’ I screech in even greater horror than I thought possible.
It just can’t be… it can’t be!
<b>Ah, how you fear to face your responsibility… </b>
It is.
‘<I>You</I> speak of <I>responsibility</I>?! I make no alliances with you, demon!’
<b>You are prepared to save all these young men, to pay back what you have caused, aren’t you? No, you have to. You can’t back off now. </b>
He smirks.
‘What do you care about human lives?’ I growl.
<b>Nothing at all. But <I>you</I> do, don’t you? </b>
Smirk.
<b>And as you might understand, <I>you</I> are a point of… interest to me. </b>
‘What are you doing inside of my head?!’ I shout, refusing to face what he’s saying.
<b>Scheming, what else? Time is running out, Janus. What will you do? </b>
He sneers again.
The tears join with sweat, dripping from my forehead. I can’t, I can’t… I refuse, I won’t…
<b>These humans will belong to me sooner or later anyhow. Will you buy them time or not? To be with their pretty little families for a few more years? </b>
‘I…’
As if my head was caught between his gigantic palms it turns to let me see a warrior of Garadia fall to the ground, twitching in agony with an arrow in his stomach. My head is turned at Janatzer. Schala and her husband are crying like mad, oblivious to what I am doing. I can’t recognize her as my sister and not Cered as my brother in law in their grief. The grief I share…
And it will be shared by countless others before this day has passed, if I don’t stop this war… I can’t use Shadow for it… I lack the power… what have I done?!
‘I…’
I can’t even think my retreat, my agreement of slavery. But he knows, the bastard knows…
<b>Ah, Janus… </b>
His mind drifts closer, and now I can hear his voice. I have never heard it before, I didn’t believe he could speak but he does now.
<b>‘You have no idea how I have longed for this moment, Janus of Zeal,’ </b>he smirks, <b>‘even if you kill me in the world’s future I will have my revenge in yours!’</b>
I cringe in agony, a grimace of pure torture tearing up my face.
<b>‘Speak the words, Janus. <I>Speak the words</I>, <I>now</I>.’</b>
Sweat and tears… forgive me, Schala… but what is my life worth after all I have caused…
‘That it should be <I>you</I> of all the dark forces to harvest my punishment, how twisted fate is…’ I spit at him.
<b> ‘Yes, isn’t it?’</b> he smirks, <b>‘now chant!’</b>
It feels like my mind is about to crack open…
“N-nuega, zi-ziena…”
More tears. My lips protest, but I keep chanting through my grief. Every word in old Zealan cutting through my head, drawing me closer to my doom.
Forgive me Schala, Cered, Janatzer, Schaliya, Ceredan, Molor, Glenn, Crono, Marle, Lucca, Ayla, Robo, mother, Lizard…
Is this even for better or worse, what will I do when I’m gone? I… I…
“Zieb-ber… zom…”
Forgive me…
Please forgive me…
“Now the… chk…”
I struggle for a moment, desperately refusing. <I>No</I>!
<b>‘Speak out the words, Janus! Chant! You already agreed in this trading of lives!’</b>
And I can’t hold back.
“… Now the… chosen… time has c-come… exch-change… exchange…”
No! Lizard, mother, Schala… anyone, <I>don’t let me do this</I>!
But there’s only his voice, and it’s too late for me now.
<b>’<I>Chant</I>!’</b>
“Exchange… this…”
My fingers disappear into my swirling hair as my whole being twitches in agony. Exchange…
<b>’<I>SUMMON ME</I>!’</b>
Exchange… good powers…
“… Th-this…”
My head is thrown backwards, the tears being spread across the closed room I created for Janatzer.
Exchange this… this…
“Name your prize!” I cry out with a voice which isn’t mine, “I can’t…!”
His laughter pierce my soul as I hear Schala’s distant scream of terror.
<b>‘You belong to me, Janus of Zeal! For thousands of strangers!’</b>
<I>You disgusting parasite</I>!!
<b>‘Speak it out, you’ll tell the world by own words!’</b> he sneers down at me… or is that up…
“<I>JANUS</I>!” Schala screams.
Forgive me, I kill your son and brother on the same day… I was never worthy of being your brother, you, wonderful angel…
“Exch-change this…”
Soul? Body? Both? What amount of my power does he want to start with?
Power?
A desperate flinch, one last resort… he used my techniques against us when we fought him, but I forced myself to forget that in anger… maybe…
You haven’t won yet!
“Exchange these magic powers for thousands of lives!” I screech.
<b>’<I>What</I>?!’</b>
He roars in anger but is bound by the sacrifice I made, which he accepted too early.
I almost smile.
You win today, Lavos, but not in the way you thought you would…

Whoo, finally gettin’ around to postin’ The Prince’s Story here! I’ve read whay you got at fanfiction.net, and I love it!

Intriguing… Could this be the beginning of a tale of vengeance and confrontation that could rival with Raziel’s own…?
Could this overwhelming rage fuel the awakening of a new, unbelivable power that will provide the means to bring justice against those who deserve it?

Val: Thankies :smiley:

Manus: Rather Magus getting one hell of a headcache. As usual.

:fungah:: “Just shoot me.”

Shush.
Ah yeah, I should have mentioned to new readers that it’s the sequel to Another Life, which is the sequel of Magus’ Quest. Read that and you might understand what’s going on, Manus :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Weiila
[b]Val: Thankies :smiley:

Manus: Rather Magus getting one hell of a headcache. As usual.

:fungah:: “Just shoot me.”

Shush.
Ah yeah, I should have mentioned to new readers that it’s the sequel to Another Life, which is the sequel of Magus’ Quest. Read that and you might understand what’s going on, Manus :slight_smile: [/b]

I thought it was an appendix. Or is that A Look on Another One?

They’re pretty much standalone sequels to… Uhhh… Whichever came first… too lazy to think right now

Well, I used to say that you could read either A Look or Prince first, but A look started to become more dependant on Prince, which is more of a straight sequel to the two first fics. A Look is an appendix, since it’s not rooted in the Magus’ quest world. Even if both the Prince, Pawn and a third character (no spoilers!!) will be around almost all the time in a spiritual sense :o

Okay, it all makes sense now. Thanks, Weiila.

Must go read thoses befor this. Gotta go read more fics Chris-chris! Thanks Weiila for reviving the fic reader within me! runs off to read the other fics

P.S. Very good.

No problem, Chris :slight_smile:

Bloody meltdown… grumbles It’s looking good. frowns Now where did I pick that up from…?

Thanks wing. :slight_smile:
And I’m ALMOST done! :smiley: Finished another chapter, and there’s only one left now :slight_smile: I’ll give you another bit of this to celebrate :slight_smile: Picking up just where the last part left off.

Dark power fills my body, but I am merely a catalyst.
It doesn’t hurt, but it’s not pleasant either. I can’t know what happens, only hear that the darkness swallows all sounds of battle. But I get a hold the evil, feeling its wish to wreak havoc. It twitches in my grip, scornful at my attempt to stop it.
Oh no you don’t. Save the lives, that was our agreement.
Everything is silent, and I can’t see through the dark.
Then I feel Schala’s shaking hand against my cheek.
“Janus…” she sobs, stuttering.
“Get that blasted emperor and the king for a truce, I can’t hold him back forever,” I grunt, surprised at how calm my voice sounds.
Calm as death itself.
“Go, now.”
She hesitates for a moment, then she starts to chant and her heavenly presence disappears.
<b>‘I give, that was rather clever,’</b> Lavos coldly says.
I grit my teeth. That he even has feelings is shocking in itself, but not as much as other facts.
‘How did you do this?’ I snarl.
<b>‘Grab your darkened mind before my death?’</b>
He actually chuckles cruelly, making me grimace again.
<b> ‘Nothing would be simpler.’</b>
I guess not…
‘But this won’t help you tear up history again,’ I grunt, forcing myself to sneer.
This time he’s <I>not</I> laughing.
‘And even if you had sized control,’ I go on, using my upper hand as long as it lasts, ‘I don’t think I would have been any better against Glenn and the others than already proven.’
<b> ‘Don’t be too full of yourself.’</b>
His suppressed rage turns into a sneer.
<b>‘Have you even considered what will happen to you when I take my prize?’</b>
‘It’s better than what you had in mind!’ I growl, revolting.
<b>‘Oh really? It will be amusing to see you handle being back at about the state where Flea began his work on you.’</b>
I cringe, and he sneers.
<b> ‘And remember, I said nothing about leaving your mind,’ </b>he points out, soft as silk.
My throat tighten and I can’t hold back a raging groan, unable to move though.
“Brother!”
Cered’s call is distant, but he’s there… now how did lips and tongue work again?
“What…”
“Art thee well?”
He doesn’t know how to express his worry, so the unneeded question obviously has to do.
Maybe…
“Get Molor…” I whisper with a broken voice, the calm I showed Schala now torn, “Molor… he might…”
“I shall try.”
<b>‘You wouldn’t dare!’</b> Lavos growls.
‘Why not?’ I sneer.
I was right… “Magus within” always seemed to have something against my kindred spirit.
<b> ‘I’ll break the contact with my body!’ </b>
Beaten.
“Wait, don’t…”
“What is happening, brother?”
“Lavos,” I mutter, cringing.
“What?!”
“I’ll explain… it’ll be alright.”
But that is a lie…
<b>‘You are weak, Janus of Zeal.’ </b>
Normally I’d roar at him to shut up, but trust me on this; it’s not worth it to be rude to an alien parasite who’s literally raping your mind.
‘I don’t care,’ is all I can manage.
<b>‘Then handle this…’</b>
I cringe again as Cered’s presence is cut off by even more darkness. I can’t see, I can’t hear, I can’t move. I can only breathe and think, hardly even that. I can’t even… feel… Molor… I…
There’s only Lavos… and his… dark… ness… crush… ing… down…
I think I’m… fall…
‘Lord Janus?’ a woman’s voice suddenly calls out in my mind.
‘What?’
<b>‘What the…?’</b>
As if things weren’t worse enough…
‘Lashey…?’ I think, tiredly muttering.
‘The brooch is glowing. What hast happened to thee?’ she grimly asks.
That blasted brooch… she’s still keeping it?
Lavos can’t cut off her link? His irritation causes the darkness to glow.
How ironic… he can’t do anything about the brooch since I created it from a piece of myself, my hair… that <I>Lashey</I> actually should be the one to stop that parasite from winning in the old fashioned way, it’s almost laughable.
Had things been different I would at least have scowled in frustration upon hearing her voice again. But now…
‘Keep talking,’ I mutter.
‘What?’
‘Keep talking. There’s an evil spirit trying to crush my mind, I have to stay sane.’
She doesn’t even hesitate in shock of what I just said… hate to admit it but she is a special woman…
‘What hast happened? I saw a great darkness to the east just a few moments ago, and I carried a feeling thou hath something to do with it.’
‘It has to do with said spirit, yes.’
<b>‘Shut up, you worthless ants!’</b> Lavos growls.
‘Shut up thyself, whoever thou art!’ Lashey snaps back.
<b>‘You don’t even know what you’re dealing with!’</b> he sneers.
She irritates him, but she cannot fight him back. So he’s got no reason to threaten to break the contact with his past body; the empress can hold him back from turning me insane for the moment but not threaten him.
Hah. I’m at the mercy of Lavos and Lashey… why couldn’t Charash just have roasted me…
‘No, I dost not,’ Lashey shots back at the alien in a poisonous voice, ‘but I shalt not retreat.’
<b> ‘How brave one is… and why? Because of this warlock who despises you? Because you claim to feel this “love” that humans find so incredibly important?’</b> Lavos asks, almost amused.
Oh, <I>please</I>… not again…
‘I shalt not negotiate with a demon, neither discuss with thee,’ Lashey coldly says.
Lavos laughs, shaking my poor mind.
<b>‘You shall not negotiate with me?’</b> he sneers, <b>‘your beloved warlock just did. To stop this war which your male started he agreed on giving up his magic to me.’</b>
‘Lies!’ Lashey shouts.
‘No, it’s true,’ I mutter.
She’s silent, finally in shock.
‘But what he really wanted was complete control of me, to do with as he desired,’ I add with the tiny piece of triumph I can still summon, ‘which I wouldn’t grant him.’
‘But why?’ she finally asks.
‘To stop the blasted war.’
She’s silent for a moment.
‘Lord Janus, I swear that if Liech still was by me my husband would be dead as soon as he touched the palace with his filthy feet again!’ she finally snarls.
‘Liech is dead?’ I mutter, a bit taken aback before I remember that the empress’ white snake wasn’t a transformed dragon like Molor and had a normal reptile’s lifespan.
‘Yes.’
She tries to keep her voice emotionless.
<b>‘Puny, but tasty,’</b> the alien smirks.
That’s just <I>it</I>!
‘Lavos, shravela tchtran, crach <I>schrert tar lez</I>!’
Modern language is fine most of the time, but forgotten speech has a tendency to be more… colorful. What I said can’t and shouldn’t be translated.
<b>‘My, my, my… such bad language for an insect prince.’</b>
He smirks.
<b> ‘You seem confused,’</b> he tells Lashey, with rising amusement.
‘I canst not deny it,’ she reluctantly admits.
<b>‘Ah well. Your so called love here is really a prince from an ancient kingdom of magic, where I was worshipped as a god. Which I am.’</b>
‘Not…’ I mutter, despite the fact that I have a psychic snare around my throat.
<b>‘Yes I am, Janus.’</b>
Him speaking my name is worse than having to bow to Ozzie in my dreams… I can’t help but grimace, to his eternally growing delight.
‘Leave him alone, thou foul pest!’ Lashey snarls.
<b> ‘You’re one to talk,’ </b>Lavos smirks, <b>‘do you even understand that your lord Janus to the very core fears me?’</b>
‘Pha!’
‘I would be an idiot not to,’ I grunt, ‘but that would also be if I had to face you alone, which I’m not.’
<b>‘Just because that brooch’s faltering powers still lasts,’</b> Lavos snorts.
He’s silent for a split second before smirking again.
<b>‘Humans are so hard necked, don’t you agree on that?’</b>
The darkness opens and through a mist I see Schala shouting at two men by a table. She must have teleported the king and emperor to one destination.
“I don’t care what you demand of each other, just sign the blasted truce!” she rages, “have you any idea what that thing out there is!?”
Oh no…
‘You <I>didn’t</I>…?!’ I hoarsely growl.
<b>‘Why not?’</b>
He chuckles cruelly.
<b>‘Oh, but don’t worry. I haven’t caused anything worse than another earthquake, and nobody was badly hurt. Only since you asked so nicely, my dear prince.’</b>
“My lady,” the emperor coldly says, “thou hast no right to…”
“Powers of the world, lend me the power of Light!”
The table splits in two, but the paper that was lying on it keeps floating.
“Sign… it… now!” Schala growls.
Very slowly the emperor and the other man raises a pen each.
And the image fades away.
<b>‘I have sent every soldier back to their respective side of the battlefield,’</b> Lavos says, soft as silk, <b>‘wasn’t that kind of me?’</b>
I violently cringe.
<b>‘I guess you know what happens now, then,’</b> he adds.
‘Janus?!’
Lashey’s voice falls away, it feels like I’m thrown through thin air… the fact that I hit something and then crash on the ground proves that theory.
“Agh…”
<b>‘Need support?’</b>
“Dammit…”
Reluctantly I rise up on one arm, shaking my head and holding the other hand against my face to regain orientation. I know it, but I just don’t want to realize that the ground I’m resting – if that’s the word – on is flowing, pulsating with awful light and eerie colors.
<b>‘Now this will be delightful to see again… do you want to know what happened when this future of me was in this past, at this very moment?’</b>
“No…” I growl, more crawling backwards than anything else, refusing to look.
<b>‘Doesn’t matter, you’ll see. Soon…’</b>
I pathetically growl as an almost metallic hand consisting of two claws grab my weakened arm and drags me back. One of his insectoid helpers…
“Ouff!”
I’m thrown on the flowing ground, then ripped up by my shoulders to find the drooling, disgusting eye/mouth of Lavos’ shell just at just a foot’s length from my face.
<b>‘Be a good boy and say “ah”.’</b>
But I don’t think that my scream can be associated with any particular letter at all.

<u>Chapter 2, The dragon is called</u>

I am the decrowned king of the dragons, not of this world. My soul is clocked with the one of the most powerful humans throughout their history, I am Molor.
And right now I couldn’t be closer to being torn apart.
Something is wrong… terribly wrong.
“Molor, what is happening!?”
Grudgingly I wrap my tail around Ceredan’s arm and push him away.
Please, I must concentrate…
“Molor!” he calls, pleading.
I like the boy… he’s much like his older sister. Really, he’s the one who should be named after his uncle, Janatzer looks much more like Cered with his red hair. Ceredan reminds of my kindred spirit…
He’s afraid… the last thing that happened was that his parents and uncle disappeared, completely hysterical. And he doesn’t know what has happened, more than that there’s something about his brother. I don’t know either for sure, but I have a bad idea about what it is. I have to go… now!
But the boy is afraid.
I open my throat in the necessary way, ignoring the singeing feeling.
“Shh, Ceredan.”
“What’s happening, Molor?!” he shouts, desperate.
“I don’t know, it’s just… <I>argh</I>!”
“Molor!”
The next thing I know is that my head is resting on his small hands and lap, but through the dark mist I can hardly see the boy’s face.
“Janus… is…” I croak, forcing my long body into a proper position, “dang… er…”
“Uncle?!”
“Ceredan…”
“Wait!”
He runs after me as I clumsily slither out, pushing the door open with my head. I’m still dizzy, but that just increases the power of desperation.
I guess the people of the town stare at us as I sway further away from the house with the young boy anxiously rushing after me.
“I have to go and…”
FOCUS!
“… I’ll save them all, I promise, Ceredan.”
My already hoarse voice turns into a growl. That rising… power? I know it… from Janus’ memory?
“What are you going to do?” he whispers.
“Back off, I need some space. And don’t be afraid.”
Doing this in the middle of town might not be wise, but I have no choice and no time. I don’t have my human friends’ ability to warp from one place to another.
“Back off! Hurry!” I croak.
Ceredan stumbles backwards.
This will shorten my lifespan with about fifty years, again. But, that’s just half a century less I’ll have to live as a half being.
“<I>AARGHHH</I>!!”
Ecstasy… transforming, taking my body back. It leaves me weakened afterwards, but I have to. I just wish I didn’t miss it so much!
I can hear screams, humans screaming in terror from far away. But their horror falls so puny in my mind as my body grows, wings and legs erupting from me.
This… pleasure that costs me life force. I can do it anytime, which is painful enough since I cannot keep my true form for very long. But, even though I fear a future where Janus won’t be there, I can’t even use it to shorten my agony in any way. I must only use this for the darkest emergency, a time which is now. Suicide… is not tolerated by dragons.
Ecsta… sy… power and… I’m… alive.
And I can feel him better again. He’s… what the Cursed!?
<I>JANUS</I>!!
With a roar I take the sky, spreading my crimson wings.
Holy flame, let me be wrong, <I>let me be wrong</I>!

I’m… feels like… argh… let me… leave… I… so… stop… stop…
… stop…
… it…

… stop…
… p… stop…
<b>‘Now what was that?’</b>
… pl…
<b>‘I must have something in my sound sensors, I can’t hear you.’</b>
… ple…
… augh…
<b>‘One more try.’</b>
… stop… please… stop…
<b>‘You ashame yourself, prince. On the other hand…’</b>
… ah… h…
<b>’… There’s not much left of you.’</b>

<b>‘Hmph, better hold back or you won’t do at all…’</b>
…?
… n…
… o…

<b>‘That’s enough my dear. Let him go.’</b>
… ouff…
<b>‘You knew you wouldn’t get away. Guess I better fill you up with a little energy so I’ll be able to move you.’</b>
… n…
… augh… no… you…
… won’t…
<b>‘Watch me, prince, watch me.’</b>
… no.
<b>‘What? Wecroch, him again… how irritating.’</b>
… ouff…
‘<I>Janus</I>! Friend, hold on!’
… Mo… lor…
… light… I can… I can breathe again?
‘Better?’ Molor’s powerful mind whispers, still pouring his own strength into my battered being.
‘Thank you…’
I become alive once more but… I’ll never be strong again. Damn him…
<b>‘It always amazed me how a creature such as you could decline enough to make allies among humans,’</b> Lavos growls.
‘So it <I>was</I> you…’
Molor’s voice is thick and rumbling, with rage and due to his transformation.
<b>‘Well, I guess you were too weak to choose when you came here.’</b>
Lavos smirks and continues:
<b>‘After all… humans are nothing except small lumps of interesting cells that tend to try to defy their fate all the time.’</b>
‘And their fate, that would be have their bodies harnessed by you after their death to help you get stronger?’ Molor icily replies, ‘but let me tell you something Lavos, this little piece of meat is <I>mine</I>!’
St-stop shak-king me…
‘Just when, <I>when</I> did I become groceries?’ I exhaustedly grunt.
‘And furthermore,’ Molor snarls, for the first time ever ignoring me completely, ‘I can aim very well even from this height!’
<b>‘I knew I should have warned myself…’</b> Lavos snarls as a roaring of massive flames almost deafen me.
There’s a sharp, numbing screech of pain and another violent rumbling as the ground close around the gigantic shell.
‘Better,’ Molor snarls.
<b>‘Wouldn’t you wish?’</b> Lavos sneers.
‘What the icetalon!?’
The dragon roars aloud in rage, and though I’m limblessly hanging from his tail and thereby isn’t too close to his mouth my ears ache even more.
Damn it all…
‘Where are you, you accursed parasite?!’
<b>‘Parasite, ah yes. Can’t deny that, it’s my profession.’</b>
I can feel Molor turn his enormous head at his tail and me in horror. Friend…
<b>‘That’s right,’</b> Lavos says, soft as silk, <b>‘you’re holding me.’</b>
“<I>NO</I>!!”
‘There’s still time,’ I groan, ‘I’m not gone yet.’
<b>‘Oh, but I won’t even let you be gone,’ </b>Lavos merrily says, <b>‘ever. There’s no fun in letting the soul go…’</b>
Agh…

“<I>Janus</I>!”
Schala rushes forward and violently hug me as Molor lower his tail enough for me to come into reach.
“Brother!”
Cered…
“Be he well, Molor?” Schala’s husband concernedly asks.
“It… could be better,” my kindred spirit sadly replies.
“Schala…” I groan.
“I’m here, he won’t get to toy with you, I swear!” she growls.
“Schala… I must die… quick…”
All three of them freeze and stare at me as I weakly shake my head.
“Listen to me,” I groan, “you have to…”
“No!”
Their combined screeches almost turns me deaf, again.
“Listen to me!” I snarl, “I’m <I>not</I> Lavos’ new toy! I’m his new body!”

Oh yeah, I’m evil… :o

All: Gleep…
It’s eeeeevil I tell you! Eeeeevil! pauses You really don’t get the gist of that when you type it…

Very good weiila. I just got through reading that other fic(s). I still like em’!:cool: :smiley:

(and Chris, I AM writing you back today -_-;; I’m really sorry, I should make time better)