Audioscrobbler

A little ways back, someone posted a link to a site called <A HREF=“http://www.audioscrobbler.com/”>Audioscrobbler</A>, which keeps track of what MP3s you play, and then suggests music for you. Well, since then, I’ve decided it’s my <A HREF=“http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/mr_saturn/”>life’s goal to confuse the hell out of this service</A>. The problem is, so far, I can’t. I’ve played some of the following to try to mess it up:

System of a Down, Starship, Britney Spears, Talk Talk, Nobuo Uematsu, Alkaline Trio, Talking Heads, Simple Minds, Abandoned Pools, Akira Yamaoka, Johnny Cash, more Starship, Yu Miyake (Katamari Damacy soundtrack), The Killers, Afroman, Bon Jovi, The Eagles, The Beatles, and Duran Duran (amongst others).

So far, though, it’s still trying to reccommend decent things to me, like David Byrne, Barnaked Ladies, or Tenacious D. So, I need suggestions. What bizarre conflicting stuff can I play for this thing to make it break and tell me that I’m not human?

Try Dragostea din Tei (aka the Mai-ya-hee song). See what it gives you there.

Throw in a few international artists to screw it up too. Shania Twain, Celine Dione, Toby Keith. You’re lacking in the country department. Need a little balance there.

Dude, if you listen to Celine Dion, you’re already not normal.

LIFE’s goal! :stuck_out_tongue:

You could try songs without lyrics such as classical music and many others I can’t think about right now… Traditional Chinese music, Joe Dassin or something very local such as “Hawaïenne” by “Les Trois Accords” would be good too.

I don’t. But Saturn should.

Country is off limits on my computer, aside from Johnny Cash or Arlo Guthrie, if he’s even considered country. Celine Dion is just hell.

Throw it a few it wouldn’t have heard about. Like the Norwegian band deLillos or the Japanese the Pillows or the British the Shins.

You should throw in some extreme black metal like Christian Death and then play the Hallelujah Chorus by Handel or Jesu Man of Joy’s Desiring.

Wait… that’s my playlist.

EDIT: Well, it was… until I had to reformat a while back.

I can’t help you there, Sat, because I like almost EVERYTHING. YES, EVEN CELINE DION!! :hahaha; It all depends on my mood, sometimes I want to listen to classical music, and sometimes I wanna Rap, yo. It’s lyrics that sometimes bother me, like when M&M, I mean Eminem sings about raping and killing his own mother, things like that. (Note that swear words or double entendres don’t bother me by themselves, it’s their misuse that does. Heck, one of my favorite songs is BAD TOUCH, which is all about sexual references but written in completely original double entendres, not a single “dirty” word- plus it has a really catchy tune!) :slight_smile:

Israel Kamakawiwo’ole is usually a good bet when it comes to fuck-uping programs like that.

Try some OCRemixes. Since they’re not distributed by any company it may not have a database for it.

Wesley Willis.

Art of noise, Hiroshima, Doors(i haven’t heard anything like them that doesn’t potentially suck imo), John Cage, Cornelius

Try Guitar Vader.

Christian rock bands and Marilyn Manson.

yeah, cause those are sooooo contrasting. eye roll :stuck_out_tongue:

Oohh, I forgot about this little bastard. Wish I had an active connection since I play music 24/7 around here :confused:

I love them :OOOO

Old TV theme songs, songs from before the 1930’s, try those.