As the young uns are saying these days, "w00t"

So I’m walking home from work the other night, right, and I see this slip of paper on the ground. Of course, the first thing I notice is its color: the unique and unmistakable grayish green of United States currency.

And I’m thinking oh, cool, a dollar. But I stoop to pick up and…

Wow. It’s a ten dollar bill? No way.

But sure enough, it was. Figuring if I don’t pick it up someone else will, I snag it. Only then do I consider the possibility of it being “bait” for something, or maybe one of those psychology tests where they leave money on the ground to test people’s honesty or something.

But nope, I pick it up, and nothing else happens.

Ten Bucks. Just laying around, all alluvial-like.

No biggie, I just thought it was kinda cool. Good luck for a change. Heh.

Moral Of Today’s Story: Keep them eyes open.

I found 22 bucks at 6 flags.

I once found two twenties. thats 4 times the amount you found. as they say, j00 sux0r.

What really sucks is this is about the most interesting thing that’s happened to me in the last couple of days.

Other than catching my thumb in between a doorjamb and a closing door. Which still fucking hurts, by the way.

Uh, yay?

Did you know that 2 of 3 dollar bills in the US have heroin on them? I think that’s an interesting fact.

Originally posted by Dragon Tear
[b]Uh, yay?

Did you know that 2 of 3 dollar bills in the US have heroin on them? I think that’s an interesting fact. [/b]

DAMMIT! WHERE’D I PUT THAT BILL?

shivers

so…cold…

Thats why rich people become addicted to heroin :moogle:

Actually, I think it’s cocaine, not heroin, and thats because rolled up dollar bills are popular snort tools. I dont really know why, personally, I would prefer to use a straw or something.

I should go looking for money, but I’d only find the odd penny.

I find $10 laying around all the time… though I usually have to pick up about 200 bottles/cans to do so. Don’t dis the nickle :slight_smile:

<< >> Well, I suppose I am probably one of the few people who do recycle. :slight_smile:

I should go looking for money, but I’d only find the odd penny.

Don’t dis the penny either. If everybody in America were to drop a penny and I was there to pick it up, I’d be a millionare (a little more than $2.5 million) :slight_smile:

I recycle too, mainly because no-one else does.

Your average 0,5 liter bottle is worth 20 Euro cents over here…

And I get about 5 Euros a week from collecting them. Not too shabby if I need some change.

Originally posted by Orakio
[b]I find $10 laying around all the time… though I usually have to pick up about 200 bottles/cans to do so. Don’t dis the nickle :slight_smile:

<< >> Well, I suppose I am probably one of the few people who do recycle. ^_^[/b]
Ha! Sucker, I can get twice that amount!

I once found a fifty of the currency we use here, but I returned it to the poor sod who had lost it. I’m still waiting for the Pope to call about sainting me.

Originally posted by Nulani
I once found a fifty of the currency we use here, but I returned it to the poor sod who had lost it. I’m still waiting for the Pope to call about sainting me.
Bah, you should know damn well that when the Pope saint’s death, we all become immortal… think of a world where newbies never die off…

Lol, you may not believe this but… this is VERY cruel. Okay, I was with my friend and we were walking around Toronto and just going places. Then my friend, Kyle, came along a Canadian $10.00 bill. He picked it up, and he was happy and stuff, right? Then about 1 minute later, this little kid, around 8-9 years old comes up to us and he is crying and he asks “Hey did you find a $10.00 bill” And there was a bus nearby, and my friend replies “No, sorry, I didn’t see one” Then the little kid went running and crying away. This is a true story.

Did you know that 2 of 3 dollar bills in the US have heroin on them? I think that’s an interesting fact.

INTERESTING! ITS A GOLD MINE! now i can be a dollar dealer…i dont think thats against the law…

I found a $20 bill in my school once, that was pretty cool.

When I was about 5 or 6, my family went to Disney World for a vacation. One afternoon we were down by the pool at the Polynesian resort, which had this South Seas theme with a rocky pool and all that neat stuff… anyway, I was swimming around playing “scuba diver”, and I found a dollar flattened out against a pool vent underwater. I picked it off and took it to show my mom. I was all “Look Mommy, I found a dollar!” because everything that looked like a dollar was a dollar to me back then - I hadn’t quite grasped the concept of monetary values.

Well, she took one look at the dollar I handed to her, and she promptly put it away after her eyes almost fell out of her head. My brother and I got some cool souvenirs on that trip… it turned out that I had found a $100 bill. Pretty nifty, huh?

edit - Just to add, Kaiser, finding money randomly is pretty cool, isn’t it? I sort of forgot to tell you “cool!” when I was telling my story, lol.

I make money by exploiting stupid people.

Originally posted by Sinistral
I make money by exploiting stupid people.

Amen, brudda.