Armour of choice.

I figured that this thread would nicely follow the ‘Weapon of Choice’ thread.

As expected, my armour of choice is full plate. For reasons of artistic taste, I prefer the rounded fluted styles of plate armour of fifteenth-century Italy, and in the domain of helmets, I prefer the armet. In the domain of shields, I favour the heater shield. I also favour plate bard for the destrier (war horse).

Medium, shieldless. You need both hands to properly wield a spear. Then you got your half-decent protection and half-decent movement capability. Although I might have meant light armor, but it’s kind of a toss up really in that regard.

I’d have to go with no or – maybe – light armor and possibly a shield. Daggerwork needs lots of range in regards to movement.

medium, and maybe a shield. I knwo spears are mainly a two-handed weapon, but I suspect that I’d quickly have to switch to my secondary weapon, a short sword.

Light with no sheild, I like manuverability in tight situations.

I don’t really get into fights, so err, I can’t say “my fighting style is like blahblah,” but from what I can imagine of myself from my experience with fencing and kendo, my own personal style seems to be one focusing on extreme manuverability, as well as an element of chaotic randomness…so I’d choose light armor, and no shield, to keep one hand free, for either rapier/dagger-ish combat, or to make a sudden push forward more effective (combined with grappling, etc.).

-Mazrim Taim

light withouit a shield i need the hands to carry thoese big staves for good spells :slight_smile:

MGS-type Ninja Armour. And the double katana-thing. Cuz then you won’t NEED a shield.

No armor, no shield.

Flesh and bone.

Plate Armor and a Shield come standard with a hand-and-a-half sword.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
MGS-type Ninja Armour. And the double katana-thing. Cuz then you won’t NEED a shield.

You mean the Katana-Wakizashi pair?
And ninjas don’t carry katanas. They use a different type of sword. I think it’s called a nodachi, or something like that.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Flesh and bone.

:fungah: Nudists…

Half-plate, no shield except maybe a buckler if I can wield it with a two-handed sword or axe.

Light Armor + Buckler; suits light weapons just fine, and a twohander can be wielded nice with a Buck in hand…

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
And ninjas don’t carry katanas. They use a different type of sword. I think it’s called a nodachi, or something like that.

I believe that the sword typically wielded by the ninja is known as the ninjato. The nodachi is a two-handed sword.

Originally posted by Dark Paladin

:fungah: Nudists…

well I was thinking more like a necromancer that has bone armour or something, but yeah nudity is cool.

Medium and without a shield, just cause I don’t like shields…

Id have to go with none or light with no shield for bo work heh =)

Light Armor. No Shields.

I chose medium armour with no shield simply because it affords you decent protection while at the same time a good amount of mobility. No shield because I am trained with a bastard sword.

Edit: Oh, and Miyomoto Musashi was the first to use the two weapon style of katana/wakizashi after watching Spaniards at play with dagger and rapier. Just a little bit of history for ya.

No armor and No shield. It is rather difficult, in my experience, to properly use a katana with a shield, and armor just slows me down.