Armored Core

With the recent release of Silent Line : Armored Core (the expension to Armored Core 3), I think we need to have a thread for the best mecha game series, like, ev0r.

I prefer an heavy beam sword AC, in AC2 and AC2:AA, I usually end up having the KARASAWA Mk.2 and the MOONLIGHT on one AC, with reverse joint legs and a pretty heavy core.

Last AC game I got was Another Age.

im more of a Front Mission man, but if the new armored core is that good i guess ill get it…you guys play virtual on too?

I’ve yet to play Virutal On, but I’ll probably give Silent Line a try.

Piece of advice…pick up Armored Core 3 and finish it before even ATTEMPTING Silent Line. It’s harsh on new pilots without any parts. Hell, AA was hell when you didn’t play AC2, Silent Line is WORSE. On the test AC I tested the game with (I did a custom job on it too), I managed to get 3000 points of damage…on a mission with LESS THAN 20 MTs!

That was the first mission too, and I’m regarded as the person with the most skill at AC around my parts (the others just play cheaply and they acknowledge it)

Chirst, It’s been ages since I stuck AC2 in the disk tray…

I KNOW I used the Kay-something 2 laser rifle (the secret, best one), the Moonbeam, one of the better anti-missiles systems (they looked SO cool when they worked) and a second missle pod, but I forget the names of the damned things. I need to get AA. Can AC2 savegames work with 3?

I never did finish AC2. I should do that.

I played the first AC on the PS to hell, but I never used swords. I’ve found them much more useful in AC2. And I feel really cool whenever I kill something using one.

Originally posted by Pierson
[b]Chirst, It’s been ages since I stuck AC2 in the disk tray…

I KNOW I used the Kay-something 2 laser rifle (the secret, best one), the Moonbeam, one of the better anti-missiles systems (they looked SO cool when they worked) and a second missle pod, but I forget the names of the damned things. I need to get AA. Can AC2 savegames work with 3? [/b]

AC2 links with AC2:AA, but not with AC3. The games’ storylines just don’t interwine together.

Unless Layers is the new name for Neo Isaac.