Are e-machines junk ?

Wait. Is the Emachines warranty voided even if you open the case to clean it inside?? (I haven’t done it yet.)

I’ve noticed a lot of computers are like that. This HP did. But we broke it to clean the dust out of the inside. We have a bit of a dust problem in our house, but no one else seems interested in buying and air filter. Even a cheap one… Anywho, from the looks of it, i just might be getting an HP, they have decent setups and good rebate offers. Dell’s have some good sets too, once the money’s in my hand though, deciding wont be so hard.

Well from what I have seen from E-machines there is a sticker on the back of the machine that looks like a piece of grey tape that goes from the back side of the frame of the box to the cover. When that gets lifted some grey comes off and sticks to the metal and it says void thus voiding the warranty. Just look on the back of it and if there isn’t any tape you are pretty much clear. If you want to be extra safe call their coustomer service and ask. they may have changed policy too, it’s been about 2-3 years since I’ve done any sort of work on an E-machine.

there are difrent kinds of e-machines, I have 2 diffrent kinds.
and only 1 is a piece of junk.

Can you elaborate a little ? Which two do you have and which one is junk ? Can you tell by looking at them, or is this one of those things i will, two weeks after purchase go “aww, damn” ?

Okay, i got a new question. Can you mix brand names when it comes to computers and monitors ? for instance, can you hook a Dell monitor up to an HP and have it work out just fine ?

Yes.