April's Fools

Seen any good ones this year? My morning paper claims that the new library building downtown will be a smaller version of Rome’s Colloseum. The article is rather easy to see through though, with “anonymous sources” and “theoretical models as we haven’t been allowed to publish the real plans”. It’ll be fun to see the “Reader’s comments” tomorrow though, because I’m sure somebody will fall for it.

A private torrent tracker i’m a part of has a fake, redesigned, annoying web 2.0 frontpage with the message that the owner, a damn fine coder, has given in to some other tracker and says theirs is coded better/faster and is now using it and that the site would be going public.
AKA all of those/us with dedicated servers would be prime targets for Cease and Desist letters D:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/btattunement/

Only someone in a raiding guild would get it.

So here you go!

Wikipedia has some bizarre front articles and news today… things like monkey testicle skin grafts (for humans) and leech-powered weather-prediction devices. My first reactions was, “April Fool!” but after reading the articles, I’m not so sure (they were proposals from inventors in old times; and I know for a fact many of those were rather strange.) Check them out and decide for yourselves.

One Wiki article I know isn’t a joke was The Great Comic Strip Switcheroo, an April Fool’s day prank in 1997 in which many comic strip artist switched strips for a day, like Dilbert being done by the Family Circus creator. I know it’s true because I saw some of the switched strips. I thought it was a great idea, but they haven’t done it again since to my knowledge. Too bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mmm, lessee… Detective Connan ended when Conan and Akai detonated a nuclear bomb on the Men in Black, TYPE-MOON once again pulled off a fake new game starring their psycho wand from F/HA while French Bread created a Melty Blood-ish game for F/SN, dothackers.net got closed by the RIAA, VGCats turned into Solid Snake’s blog… pretty boring stuff this year.

Nothing IRL obviously, April Fools doesn’t exist here.

http://ytmnd.com/

When I fired up ZSNES for a bit of Super Mario World during my morning coffee, it promplty told me that a solar-powered version was due out in a few months.

Urban Dead had a tidbit where it said something like “An air strike nearby has demolished a building and killed 6 survivors.” I almost thought it was real and that I had missed a new addition to the game hehe.

April Fools thing I’m helping with concerning Tokyo Mew Mew Ala Mode becoming an anime. :smiley:

That’s about it though, no one where I live does anything for today. >.<

That’s funny, I got a messaging saying that because I haven’t donated that I’m going to “feel ZNES’ wrath.”

EDIT: Click on this, 'kay?

-GameFAQs has a poll asking the best game ever…except…

-Overclocked Remix has a new arrangement album out. All songs cover the same game song… check out Shael Rileys

-Vgmix has a rap song playing on the front…

-Adult Swim… I wonder what the hell is going to happen tonight. Did anyone catch Perfect Hair Forever last night, where they “subtitled” everything, except one of the episodes was subtilttled with the script from the ATHF episode when Carl get’s the Journey Belt?

That’s an interesting prank considering where I live there is a library that looks like a smaller version of Rome’s Colloseum: http://www.pbase.com/christophertravels/image/61926393

Blizzard has more than one this year. In addition to the Black Temple posted above there’s:

World of Heroes/

and

New Item

I don’t think anything can top the Pandaren April Fools.

I remember that. Damn, 9 years ago, I was only 12. :\

Originally Posted by Kagato Toujou
-Adult Swim… I wonder what the hell is going to happen tonight. Did anyone catch Perfect Hair Forever last night, where they “subtitled” everything, except one of the episodes was subtilttled with the script from the ATHF episode when Carl get’s the Journey Belt?

They’re showing ATHF: Da Movie tonight…kinda. They’re showing it as I post this, but unless you have one hell of a Wide-Screen HDTV with a PiP fuction (picture in picture) you aren’t going to see much of anything. (With of course the exception of all the pop-ups the continuously pop-up during the otherwise regularly scheduled programming reminding you that the movie is still in the very bottom left corner.)

Apparently, the joke that AS is using for this year’s April Fool’s is the actual movie with the punchline being that this weekend’s AS lineup is completely unwatchable. (Unless of course you have the afore mentoned TV, or you really like Perfect Hair Forever.)

I fauxk-up with my girlfriend. Speaking of which, I really need to call her and tell her that was a joke.

A bit of self-mockery is always welcome. :stuck_out_tongue:

For a college campus, it was pretty quiet and uneventful here. The April Fool’s issue of the newspaper was loaded with joke articles, though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6516235.stm

Quite liked this one. :slight_smile:

Heh, cute.

My friend was amused by this.