Any good Final Fantasy fanfic challenges?

Hey, I’ve been looking all over for any Final Fantasy (preferably [sp?] Final Fantasy VIII) and no one has one. If you have one I could try out, I’d greatly appriciate it. Thanks!

Could you clarify a bit? What are you looking for, exactly?

A lot of web-based fanfiction groups have monthly (or whatever-ly) “challenges” where everybody tries to write a story within a given framework [i.e. “unlikely romantic pairing” or sometimes a more scavenger hunt-type structure, where there has to be “at least 1 fight scene” and "it has to start/end with the words “(whatever words chosen)” and “chocobos have to appear in the story at least once”] and then everyone writes a story under those terms.

We don’t really do that here at RPGC. People just end up doing whatever comes to mind. Some places use them to help the community get around writers block, or as fun way to see what different people do with one basic idea, but we’ve never bothered/considered it necessary around here.

The stuff we come up with is weird enough as is. :get it?:

But by god I’d like to hold a challenge on writing about more obscure games. Don’t get me wrong, I like FF8 and fics about it. But consider the fact that pretty much 50% of all updates consists of fics relating to FF8. Out of about 200 fics in the archive, 60+ are about Squall and co. ^^;;
I would love to see some Summoner or Wild ARMs action!

You want obscure? Write a StarTropics fanfic. I’ve only ever seen one of those. :hahaha;

Originally posted by Weiila
But by god I’d like to hold a challenge on writing about more obscure games. Don’t get me wrong, I like FF8 and fics about it. But consider the fact that pretty much 50% of all updates consists of fics relating to FF8. Out of about 200 fics in the archive, 60+ are about Squall and co. ^^;;
I would love to see some Summoner or Wild ARMs action!

Heh.

And I’m one of the primary offenders, too.

[sometimes even I forget that my first fanfic was actually on Crono Trigger.]

I’ll try to do a different game, even an obscure one, one day.

TEH ARFENHOURSE RPG! IT EXISTS!

Me, Refugee, and three other writers run our own little coven that give out challenges of weirdness if peple ask us. So far we have

Laguna takes over the world accidentally.
Squall takes Angelo to the vet. The vet is Ultimecia.
…About seven others we haven’t heard from.

And other craziness. If you want one just ask.:cool:

… Pierson… I have got to read those :mwahaha:

I’d really like to take up one of your fanfic challenges. I’m on fanfiction.net under ‘Starlight4u’ if that helps at all. I’m not sure how else to contact u besides on here. And to everyone else, sorry about posting this here. I didn’t know that fanfic challenge stuff wasn’t really appriciated here. ::doh::

Um, yeah. Ok . . . later!

Well, if you want a WA2 fic, I could try my hand at it. Can’t guarantee anything, and besides, I’m currently working on “No such thing as Karma” at the moment.

dark_writers@hotmail.com

http://www.fanfiction.net/~TheCoven

I was feeling kinda despressed when I wrote the opening blurb…

All the fics we do internally are collaborations, so far of trios.

I totally forget why me, Refugee, and Rin5 came up with this idea. It just happened. We give challenges to anyone who wants them, but so far we have a very low rate of return, and most people who accept give up. Maybe they just aren’t good enough.:boring:

Anyway, just e-mail if you want one. All five of us check the account regularly, so you’ll get a reply pretty fast, assuming we can think up something suitably wierd, yet still possible.

PSL… by the sound of your name, maybe you should do one on Phantasy Star. ^^ (don’t tell me you never played Phantasy Star) ^^

Anyways, since I don’t think anyone else has said anything, welcome aboard.

Bah, FF8 sucks! is killed by everyone here

We need more unknown game fics around here. Like Sweet Home, or Quest for Glory, or anything non-Square.

Square is a very popular company, and so there would be a lot of fics based on its games, Galloway’s serious fics are about games like Sweet Home, or the QFG Series.

Fallout fics! We need more Fallout! DAMN YOU ALL!

Wait, I haven’t worked on my Fallout fic in ages. Spoke too soon…

As for me, I’ve done some branching out story wise. Unfortunately, most of these are not RPG fics, which is too bad, because I’m really proud of Artificial.

As for fanfic challenges, I’ve never actually been part of a fanfic ‘community’ as such besides Fanfiction.net, and they axed their forums years ago.

Ach no, Phantasy_Starlight, it’s not that we don’t appreciate challenges, it’s just that we never do 'em around here, nobody’s actually proposed it before. :slight_smile:

Well, looks like I might start some commotion. ^.^

And . . . ah . . . no . . . I’ve never played Phantasy Star . . . is whacked over the head repeatedly Actually, I’ve wanted to and almost got it. But I don’t exactly want to pay the online fee. I could, but wouldn’t it get expensive? And I’m trying to save up for my car for next year. Teehee . . . ^.^

Gotta go. School . . . . GRRR I hate school.:boring:

That’s Phantasy Star Online. I meant the original stuff. Phantasy Star 1-4. If you have a GBA, you can get Phantasy Star Collection which has Phantasy Star 1-3 on it.

I loaded up PS1 on a emulator once, but that’s all. I need to find time to play those…

I would love to see/read, a decent Wild Arms fic. That game has always been special to me, and I would love to see someone try their hands at one.