Another console Rune Factory

Woot woot! And I’ll finally be able to have a girl smacking the monsters around. What a novel concept! /sarcasm

I recently restarted Frontier and is enjoying it once again, even though it was only half a year or so since I last played through it. I don’t think there’s ever been a game since the NES and SNES era that could make me pick it up again so soon after finishing it.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be over here alternatively dancing, and cursing the fact that Europe will probably only see the release of this in 2012 at the earliest, if at all.

Cool. I don’t consider myself a graphics whore, but I’d be lying if I said that the Wii’s graphics make a huge difference over the DS when it comes to enjoyment. Frontier is just so much prettier than RF1.

Speaking of which, I’m still not done with Frontier since I decided to be an OCD-ridden bastard again and set out to make a Lv10 Rune Blade for the hell of it. Overal, the game is far better than RF1, though it does feel weaker plot-wise since it pretty much forgets the whole deal with Raguna, and Gelwein was a generic whiny psychopath bitch.

I only managed to find one single “little crystal” on my first playthrough, though I hope I’ll have more luck this time. I’m stocking up on grass runeys for later use, now before the system actually kicks to life.

But yeah, the main plot is really really weak. I had much more fun with the sideplot about Kross and the idiot mercenary.

The little buggers are relatively easy to find in the chests behind the Rune Stone doors in the towers. The problem is that the only way to get Lv9-10 LCs is to keep cracking rocks until you get lucky, and that takes ages even with The Hammer. I’ve found two so far by cracking rocks, but neither one was the right level.

Weiila, you need to get a DS and the Mario & Luigi games. Also, I’m stumped with work and I haven’t looked at the word file since, oops.