anime suggestions

well, its been awhile since I’ve posted but I’ve been reading when I get the chance. so as per usual my post is prompted by a lack of anime cuz I have no source of good anime suggestions in my group, so suggest away, I havent seen anything recent. so I think like the last thing I started watching was bleach and naruto. so just give me some suggestions.

Azumanga Daioh
Kino’s Journey (I think that’s what it’s called, I haven’t watched it in forever)

Can’t think of anything else right now. It’s early and I’m braindead.

Zeta Gundam - Awesome dark storyline, good characters, and cool battles.

Turn A Gundam - Great characters, nice animation. I <3 Dianna

GaoGaiGar - The first 10 eps weren’t that great, but then it becomes AWESOME. GaoGaiGar is also one of the mightiest robots I’ve ever seen, and the show is just fun to watch. Final has been awesome too, so far.

Gunbuster- A great, short OVA. Beautiful ending.

G Gundam - Again, first 11 eps weren’t that great. But when Master Asia shows up, the show quickly becomes awesome. And, I really liked Domon and Rain’s relationship.

Full Metal Panic - I really liked the mech designs, action was good, story was good, and the comedy was good. Let’s hope the next season will be good as well.

Shakugan no Shana - Really cool, about some little girl named Shana with a huge katana, and some dead guy.

Noein - really awesome, so far. About this guy, whose future self (or himself from another dimension, hard to tell), is trying to kill his close friend, who has mysterious powers that the world will depend on.

Blood + - Interesting Story, so far.

Rozen Maiden - Cute dolls, funny scenes, and a somewhat decent plot. Watch for cute dolls though >_>

Mai-Hime - Great second half, shitty ending. watch it though, it’s a fun show.

Mai-Otome - So far, it’s good. I am still waiting for the twist like in Mai-Hime.

Hajime no Ippo - About some kid who wants to box. A shounen anime, meaning the plot is predictable. But it’s awesome.

Gankutsuou - The Count of monte Cristo - WATCH THIS.

All of these and more.

Eureka 7. The most exciting show since Evangelion. Watch this now.

Pani Poni Dash. Azumanga’s spiritual sequel. Hilarious.

Gunbuster 2. Nono is love. :slight_smile:

Shinkon Gattai Godannar. Giant robot show parodying all giant robot shows. A fun series and also has Gai’s voice actor from GaoGaiGar in it!

What genre(s) are you looking for?

The Gokusen - It’s about a mob boss’ daughter who wants to be a teacher, but has to run the mob because her father is severely ill. Pretty funny, since she has to hide her criminal connections, but sometimes slips, and the leader of the class (all boys school, of course) suspects she’s hiding something. Then there’s the talking dog.

Steamboy was good.

this’ll keep me busy for awhile. awesome. I’ve seen alot of the gundam series including G, but I saw G on cartoon network so its worth downloading a not crap version.

Edit: I’m more of the action drama with some love and comedy, not really into pure comedy or pure love ones so… pretty much people bleeding and dying.

Then look at Blood+, Elfen Lied, Space Runaway Ideon, Mai HiME, Shakugan no Shana and Noein.

I third Z Gundam.

I think you would like R.O.D. the T.V. The first 11 episodes or so are mainly comedy, but when you reach episode 14 the story becomes more serious. The first eleven episodes aren’t bad though so you should watch them.

Definitely ROD and Elfen Lied.