Animatrix

I just rented the Animatrix the other day and I was wondering…Did anyone else besides me think that it was one of the worst animated films you’ve ever seen? To be honest I couldn’t get past the 4th part. :boring: So did it suck or is it just me?

A few of them were really cool. But I have to agree with you, a lot of them did suck…

the ones I’ve seen were incredibly underwhelming. I think the Wachowski’s spread themselves out too thin by making 50000 tied-in Matrix products when they just should’ve focused on making Matrix 2 cooler than it turned out to be.

I liked it. I wanted some more. I like artsy stuff.

I hope there is some Animatrix 2 or something after Revolutions come out.

Originally posted by Sinistral
I liked it. I wanted some more. I like artsy stuff.

I think that’s part of the reason I didn’t like it, I’m not really into artsy stuff.

it’s not that I don’t like artsy stuff, I just didn’t think it was as cool as it is supposed to be. And some of the stories weren’t incredibly impressive, am I supposed to believe that all the machines really wanted was to be part of the family? We’re supposed to hate these machines, not “understand” them.

Program was the best ever!!!

it really wasn’t as good as it could’ve been…

Originally posted by Lord Zhou Yu
it really wasn’t as good as it could’ve been…

Nuff’ said.

Originally posted by Merlin
And some of the stories weren’t incredibly impressive, am I supposed to believe that all the machines really wanted was to be part of the family? We’re supposed to hate these machines, not “understand” them.

They wanted to live in harmony with us (probably due to Asimov’s 1st and 2nd laws), but we didn’t. What’s confusing about it?

I never said I was confused, the premise was dumb, cliche, and counter-productive to the overall story.

Originally posted by Merlin
I never said I was confused, the premise was dumb, cliche, and counter-productive to the overall story.

Now I understand what you meant. Agreed.

Yeah, over all the shorts weren’t bad persay, they were just weird and unneeded.

and here i am, hearing rumors that one must watch EVERY episode to fully grasp reloaded…so much for that…

Nope, there are really only three of them that are actually needed to expain the story, the two Second Renainssance (Which explains how the machines took over in the first place) flicks and The Final Flight of the Osiris (Which is actually more of a prelude to the game, explaining the first enounter with the threat against Zion in the second movie), becides that the other flicks are just kinda there.

oh. well, i just haven’t seen final flight of the osiris yet…i suppose i’ll watch it later…

[spoiler]You also need to watch Kid’s Story to understand the Kid, and there’s a reference to Program in the “council of the old” or something if I remember well. Might be important to understand Revolutions.

Also, you got to play Enter the Matrix to get that part where Niobe and ghost (or was it Spark?) get into action trying to help Morpheus’s Team.[/spoiler]

I actually just watched it. Some were good and some were bad… I guess I’m nuetral.

Yeah, I love Second Rennaisance Part 1 and 2, but some others like Matriculated were kinda boring though, but I bought it, awesome movie, I love it :victoly: