Animated Movies coming this year

There’s a few interesting ones coming:

Toy Story 3: - This is the big one this year (supposedly). If this were being done by anybody but Pixar, I’d doubt it would be any good. But I’ve seen some art for the movie, and there’s several interesting new toys, including… Ken? You know, Barbie’s Boyfriend? EX boyfriend these days, I guess. Wouldn’t it be a riot if he insulted Barbie for being a glory hound? :smiley: Anyway the story is about Andy growing up and the toys being given away. Will they get back together? Comes out in June.

Shrek Forever After - After Shrek 3, I wouldn’t be too enthusiastic about this movie… but I saw the trailers, and it looks like a return to the urban humor that made the first two movies work so well. The plot is basically “It’s a Wonderful Life” when Shrek gets his wish to see what the world would be like if he’d never met his friends. What happens to Puss In Boots in particular is a hoot! Comes out in May.

How to Train Your Dragon: Look, it’s ERAGON animated! Well, not exactly. A young viking warrior cares for an injured dragon instead of killing it like he’s supposed to. Doesn’t sound like much but I’ve seen the trailers and it looks fun, especially the “viking training” sequences. Comes out this month.

MegaMind: THIS is the one I’m really excited about. It’s kinda like THE INCREDIBLES, except it focuses on the villain, rather than the hero. A supervillain FINALLY manages to beat his nemesis, and THINKS things will be great for him from now on. He’s wrong, of course. :wink: Made by Dreamworks, the same people behind Shrek and Monsters vs Aliens; they’re getting better with each movie. I’ve seen a trailer and it looks promising. Comes out in november.

Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil: Sequel to Hoodwinked!, Red Riding Hood becomes a secret agent and joins forces with The Wolf to rescue Hansel and Gretel. I liked the first movie, so I’m hoping this will be good too. Not sure when it comes out.

Other animated movies coming out this year (that I know almost nothing about yet):

Rapunzel 3-D
Alpha and Omega 3-D
Guardians of Ga’Hoole
Despicable Me

BTW, ALL of these movies are in 3D (including the ones I first mentioned). You can thank Avatar’s success for that.

I am legitimately excited to see Toy Story 3.

The Secret of Kells is getting a limited release in the US starting… last week. Go check it out.

The Secret of the Kells? Isn’t that the movie about… medieval book illustration?

Doesn’t sound like my kinda movie… then again, that’s what I thought about “Finding Nemo”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Trailer for “Megamind”:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/objects/897776/megamind/videos/megamind_trlr_032210.html

(You can also watch trailers for some of the other movies I mentioned there.)

It’s a fantasy story about a kid trying to find the Book of Kells or something having to do with said book. I got a softspot for it since I’m here. Useless fact: The creators of the movie (which was nominated for an oscar this year) graduated from the very school I’m studying at right now.