An unoriginal idea by me :P

I thought of something fun some people might like to do… Like, think of a game, like for example, FF6. Then get a bunch of people to play the characters, like I could be Celes, and someone else be Locke, and someone else be Gau, and someone else be all the dumb little minor characters. And then, you get a script right, and like, REWRITE it, so it’s like, what I would say if I were Celes, or what your name here would say if he/she were character’s name here. And then like, get some screenshots, and like, make it into a comic of sorts. It’d be all like, “FF6:RPGC Gone Wild” or something.

So does anyone like, know where one can find a complete script (or would like to make one, since I don’t have time to play through the game)? And then like, once that’s figured out, I’ll cast people to play the different parts, and then figure out how they all rewrite the script (probably on a thread, maybe email), and hopefully get someone who can get screenshots and more than likely edit them to go with the revised script.

That sound cool? Anyone interested n stuff?

Sounds interesting, I’m in.

Umm, do we have to be like that character in general, or can we play almost anyone, and just act like we would?

You call it unoriginal but it’s pretty original to me :wink: I’ll be in, provided it’s an RPG I’ve played a fair amount of, at least :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
[b]Sounds interesting, I’m in.

Umm, do we have to be like that character in general, or can we play almost anyone, and just act like we would? [/b]

Act like you would. That’s what makes it interesting :wink:

Ah.

Of course, since there will hae to be a bit of leniency if we’re to follow the plot…

Don’t some of our shrines have game scripts?

Could’ve sworn some of 'em did.

If not, I think there are some scripts for some games over at GameFAQs [There’s one for FFX, at least; I know because I skimmed it over there recently]. I’m sure there are others.

Maybe you should ask Cid for a game script.

Sounds cool. I’m thinking I actually want to do FF6, if enough people wanna do that.
What say ye?

I call Kefka.

And Celes (RPGC’s Celes) should be Celes, just to make things 10 times more insane. Maybe Macc should be Locke to aid Celes in the pink goat-age.

Originally posted by Dragonessa
Sounds cool. I’m thinking I actually want to do FF6, if enough people wanna do that.
What say ye?

Excelsior, says I!

translation: I’m down wit’ dat, yo.)

I found a script. Me is going to post a linky to this thread in the main forum, so more people can looksies and sign up. Mwee.

Now, I wonder who I should play. I’m thinkin’, either Terra, or Edgar.

… Me too, Val.

So, let me see if I get this:

The events of the story would be the same as the game’s;

However, we get to play our chosen characters as ourselves;

And, we allow the story to CHANGE, according to our characters’ behavior (otherwise, we would be replaying the game all over again.)

If so, that is pretty original AND cool, Nessa!

Now we need a full membership…

I call dibs on Edgar! (Oh, COME ON, I was BORN to play Edgar, and y’all know it!! :stuck_out_tongue: )

One thing, thought: I don’t think any of us should play villains… after all, nobody likes to lose!

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
One thing, thought: I don’t think any of us should play villains… after all, nobody likes to lose!

Are you saying that Kefka wouldn’t be fun to play?

Or Ultros?

Come on, man- you’re crazy. The villains in FFVI have some of the best lines in the game (of course, lots of the heroes do, too). Feel these words on your lips: “Son of a submariner.”

Tell me that doesn’t make you happy. :wink:

EDIT: Also, nobody loses if everyone has a good time- villain, hero, or fracking townsperson.

Well, if we do rewrite the story as we go along, then I guess the villains might not lose (or at least not as badly as in the Game.) And yeah, playing a villain (at least a FF6 one) can be fun. However, the villains’ player will have to understand that things (and people) might turn against him at some point, therefore, it would require a very understanding player. But, if someone enjoys the challenge, then by all means, go ahead!

This is an excellent idea, actually. As long as it doesn’t follow the game exactly (that would be kind of dull if all the lines were the same), it should be a lot of fun to do. I’d love to see how this turns out.

Also, someone should record all that happens and post it somewhere as “FF6: The RPGC edition” or something along the lines of that.

The way I’m thinking of doing it, it should all be recorded anyway (I’m thinking it’ll be done in a thread, and then I’ll save it every scene or so, just in case anything happens to destroy it).

I have decided! I’ll be Terra. Sorry, Val.

:moogle: Why not me?

Why do you THINK?

:moogle: I dunno. Why do I think?

Uhhhhh… Gogo? Pweese?