An RPGC tradition:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/01/biter.sentenced.ap/index.html

What cannobalism?

(The sentance had too many years in it.)

I fail to see the tradition, unless you’re referring to killing the “compassion and love” in people.
Ninja Edit: wait, are you referring to the abuse of women? we do that too.

People may think that 25 years in prison may be too long for the damage that was done to me but I’ll be in this prison for the rest of my life

jeez shut up already

Seconded.

You totally weren’t around for the reign of Charlemagne. Don’t lie, it’s a little too obvious. For the uninformed, he’d bite the faces off of newbies.

It’s kinda sad when charl gets in the news.

heh. Reign of Charlemagne.

“People may think that 25 years in prison may be too long for the damage that was done to me but I’ll be in this prison for the rest of my life,” she said.

sniff
sob
This contest is over! Give that woman the Academy Award!
stands up and applauds, tears running down face

(:bowser: for good measure)

More like “tears down face” in this case. HAH!

RAHBLBLBLBLBBLBLBLBLBBLBLBL!!!

I gotta find my Hannibal mask and send it to this guy.

I tip my hat to you sir, well played.

I came here expecting Janet Reno

I saw “law” in the link and didn’t think it could be good.

All I can say is <b><I>HOLY EVIL JESUS!</I></B>

CNN and I are on the same page here. Victim with a capital “v”.

Now, what comes to mind is, was she raised a doormat or does she just play one when she’s in court?

Lady, you’re not the fucking Elephant Woman. People aren’t just waiting in the streets to take another bite out of your face. If your courage and self-esteem are obliterated because you were brutally attacked by your psycho boyfriend, maybe you didn’t have any in the first place.

Quite frankly, if having self-esteem makes you invulnerable to assault, no one has any. And if courage is naively believing that you’re magically protected from violence of any kind, I’d rather live in a world of cowards.

Self-esteem is the <i>secure</i> belief in your worth as a person, <i>not subject to third-party veto</i>. Courage, to quote John Wayne, is “being scared, but saddling up anyway.”

What’s going to happen to your four kids now that all your love and compassion has been stripped away, huh?

Can the bullshit. Take this as an opportunity to set an example to your children not to choose victimhood over a proactive effort to improve their lives regardless of hardship. The lame, codependent shit won’t help them. Grow, for their sake, and for yours.

Meh, maybe I’m being too harsh…

Well there’s no use in her trying to save face now.

<.<

People may think that 25 years in prison may be too long for the damage that was done to me but I’ll be in this prison for the rest of my life

Translation: Yes, members of the jury, my settlement / cash prize for having “faced” this tragedy, needs to be awfully big, especially when I have the new found courage to “grin” and bear it for you here today, as the part of victim is one I can really “sink my teeth” into, I hearby declare that I want more money.

Edit: Nice one trillian, puns are both the highest and lowest forms of humor, and my favorites, of course.

I hate the phrase, “puns are the lowest form of humor.” I would think people would realize nothing is lower than fart and poop jokes.

Back on topic: Seriously, that was the cheesiest line ever! If she said “I’ll have this bite mark the rest of my life” instead, it would have cut the drama factor down by half.

It would suffice to say that puns are both high and low humor, then. Forget about the superlatives and you have yourself a true sentence! :smiley: