An author after our own heart...

Think Douglas Adams crossed with Terry Pratchett, and stick it all in an alternative universe where the Crimean War has been going for 150 years, people can step in and out of books at will. Then include dodos, Time Police, weird and in-your-face plot devices (the mispeling vyrus for one), Jane Eyre coming to life, mammoth migrations, and you still don’t even have half the stuff this guy does in a single chapter.

On top of that, one of the organisations in the book is a carbon-copy of the PPC!

He also has the best literary website ever. Check out the Jurisfiction site. Jay and Acacia should join up.:victoly:

It’s hard to explain what the books are about without spoiling all of it and running to page-lengths of stuff, so just go out and get them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think my brain started to fizzle trying to imagine a story like that, Pierson :hahaha; I just HAVE to take a look at that! :slight_smile:

goes to bug everyone working at the library
:mwahaha:

And I’ve gotta join jurisfiction :smiley:

“Duties can be hazardous and might painful and prolonged death.”

Hmmm… I’ve got a demon in my head and an elder god in my bathroom…
Painful and prolonged death doesn’t really sound that bad :stuck_out_tongue:

Try having gods-knows-how-many Elementals hanging around the house. Fortunately, I only know about eleven of them, so the rest can’t bug me much. Oh, and the homicidal maniac temporarily NOT after my blood…
I must remember to either borrow or buy the books, they sound like fun.

Wingnut, I’ve probably got that too, and I’ve got fairies, nymphs, sprites, pixies, nixies, gnomes, a dragon, some psychotic maniacs, a mute clone of myself, some random demons and a minor army of lizardmen…

Back on topic…
Blarg. I don’t think my economy will survive that book… I’ve got a chronic money shortage… :frowning:
Unless I find it on the library of course…
But I don’t think the odds of that are too great…

Hmmm… I gotta find someone to mug or something… I need money! :frowning: