Alright, anyone know the story of Vecna?

Most D&D players have heard of Vecnas Hand, and Vecnas Eye. How much else is there to know of Vecna?

Well, he is the only mortal to attain deity status on his own. Stupid mortals.

S/he is a core deity. There’s info in the PHB and deities and demigods (which I don’t have).

Well, Vecna attained godhood, but was stabbed by Kaas, the right-hand man (Vampire) to Vecna. Battle ensued and Vecna lost Hand/Eye, Kaas was obliterated and Kaas’ sword is an artifact now.

Morte being the head of Vecna… X)))))

That’s what reminded me :stuck_out_tongue:

What a way to go though…to kill yourself believing you could attach such a head to yourself. Poor Morty :slight_smile:

Anyways, Umm…Yeah, do people have more to the story? I’ve read the core diety info, but hoping for general info :stuck_out_tongue:

Vecna was a powerful wizard who cheated death by becoming a lich. He was very powerful and somehow arose to the title of god. Not much is really told about his past in the Deities and Demideities book, but it is known that his vampiric right hand man, Kas (not Kaas) rebelled against him, seeking power for himself. Kas cut off Vecna’s hand and cut out Vecna’s eye, while Kas was destroyed. Kas’ sword is cursed so that all who use it must seek revenge against Vecna. The sword has a mind of it’s own (but it’s worth it, that sword kicks ass). That’s pretty much all that is known.

Well, he is the only mortal to attain deity status on his own.

What about St. Cuthbert and Imhotep?

I don’t think it’s fair to call him ‘mortal’ if he’s a lich. Since, liches are immortal and all.

They are not. You can still kill them, you communist nazi.

It’s just very, very difficult and not something I would try. :kissy:

You’re thinking invincible now. Immortal is won’t die naturally, of age for example. Invincible is won’t die physically and eternal is both. Or that’s what I was taught.

Vecna was mortal at one point.

[QUOTE=TubaMute]-Kas’ sword is cursed so that all who use it must seek revenge against Vecna. The sword has a mind of it’s own (but it’s worth it, that sword kicks ass).QUOTE]

How is stuff like that implemented in the game anyway? Is it just something like added attacks against certain monsters or something?

Some weapons have intelligence and a will of their own. It would probably gain bonuses (damage, attack, effects) against Vecna worshippers and penalties for other things. If a weapon has intelligence, it also has a will of it’s own, and some can even talk or communicate in other ways.

For more information, look it up in the Dungeon Master’s Guide.

It isn’t in the 3.5 DMG. Or at least, if it is, what page is it on?

I haven’t checked out the 3.5 DMG yet, I wouldn’t know. I’ve only read the 3.5 PH and 3.5 MM, sorry.

<font size=+1>Pages: </font>
Intelligent Items: 268
Cursed Items: 272