Aloha.

No. No they shouldn’t.

lessee, 7hrs there plus those 3 hrs there and 7,7…Yeesh, I don’t have the patience to sit in a bus for that long. eez, I barely made it through my 12 hour bus trip to Dallas!

Oh and welcome back and nice to meet ya(didn’t know you before)!

DT r teh bax0rz, YAY! gives DT a hug and a cookie

I’m filled with a sudden and irrepressible urge to learn some German drinking games, and then teach those around me how to play.

Welcome Back.

WELCOME BACK! :yipee:

hugs you to DEATH!

Don’t listen to teachers, it is their job to tell lies - That is why I want to become one.

At least you had a little fun, and got to travel. My school only brought us outside to trish trash mile upon mile in cold, often rainy, and trashed down Norwegian nature. The trashed down part was the worst: I can like rain, and I can handle cold, but I do not like to jump across illegal fences with barbed wire on them.

Tofu’s not for me. I think it’s safe to say that.

Now, if you’re in first class on an airplane (like I like to be, ha ha ha… oh, anyway), a fair amount of the food is good. I liked the hot mixed nuts in the little ceramic jar thingy, and several of the meals I had were at least decent, and others were very good.

It does sound like you had a good time, but could you tell more about why you went and what you were seeing? I’d like to hear about that.

First class rocks. Mwahaha.

The reason of the trip? Why, there is none :get it?: Except for bringing the grades together. That’s the way things work in German schools, from grade 1-12 once a year for one week everyone has to go on a trip SOMEWHERE, a la “Igorrrrr, we haave to betterrrrr the climate of the grrrrrrade so lets stuff dem all into an airrrrrplane, send them somewherrrre and let them prrrrretend that they get along well, yarrr”.

And unfortunately, we didn’t see a lot, due to the long bustrips :confused: The nature is nice and untouched though, you mostly see ricefields along the roads. And they seem to have a lot of yaks there, so in the restaurants they also serve tibetan dishes.
Then, the Lugu lake was interesting, because the Mosuo- minority that live there still follow their old traditions and stuff. I always wondered why I never saw any families there, and later some guy explained that they don’t have marriage there cause it’s considered evil, or bad at least. The wife lives alone with her kids at the house. Girls older than 15 and guys older than 17 are allowed to have “meetings”, which means if they like each other, the girl may tickle the guy on his hand and he may, um, “visit” her at her house from dawn til sunrise. In case she changes her mind though, she can lock her door which means the poor guy is never allowed to come again and he has to respect that, because women, old people and disabled people are highly respected.
In Dali, we were standing in front of the 3 Pagodas which it is famous for. Yes, in front of it. We didn’t have enough money left for the entrance :stuck_out_tongue: But hey, the souvenir shops were nice. You can buy many things made of marble in Dali, because it’s one of its general resources if I remember correctly.
Then Lijiang is a pretty town, the old part consists of old chinese HuTongs, but unfortunately it’s becoming more and more touristic there, so most of the old ranches now are souvenir shops, hotels and bars.
That’s about all I can tell you :confused: We spent about 2/3 of the week in buses or planes, 1/6 in bars or our beds and 1/6 sightseeing. Oh yeah, we visited a temple too but that was nothing special because they’re quite similar throughout China :expressionless:

It’s good to have you back!:yipee:

Personally, I never went on so-called school trips, but now I’m glad there are never any around here… Whew!