AKS, SKS, mix of both or no KS?

What do you prefer: A fighting system like the one in Zelda where you run around and smash stuff by youself (AKS), a system like in the FF- series with taking turns (SKS), a mix of both like in tales of phantasia or 7th saga or an rpg with no fighting at all- just riddles, riddles and even more riddles? :smiley: (although some of you might say that it’s not an rpg if it doesn’t have a fighting system, but I’d say it’s stll possible)

Whats KS, AKS, and SKS stand for? I remember playing the 3rd Zelda, the first one for snes right? awhile back. I’d be near the enemy but wasn’t hitting him at the right angle, pissed me off a bit till i was dead a few times rar.

All of them! >E

AT ONCE!

First you run up and slash something with your sword, then you go into a battle where you take turns slashing again, BUT YOU DON’T GET EXP! No…

BECAUSE YOU GET EXP FROM THE RIDDLES! =o Yessss… ONLY the riddles are crazy ones that HAVE NO REAL ANSWER! Oh oh oh. THE NEVER ENDING GAME!

I like both >.>;

:kissy:

It would be very interetsing to see a mix of both.

I’ve played games with each system, and I can honestly say that I prefer SKS. For the most part.

Although, I wouldn’t complain if a game had an AKS, but only if it suited the game itself.

A mix of both would be nice.

I don’t mind either, it nice to have a variety of diffrent games so I can choose. Although I normally like SKS.

Hard to tell,at least for me,they both have pros and cons but i can say i like SKS i little bit more.

After playing Tales of Eternia to death, I like a mixture of both. I can’t wait for Symphonia.

I love the style of fighting in Xenogears and Legend of Legaia. RPGs need to have a bit more of a button mashing element to them.

Yeah Legaia, had one of the more original battle styles. It’s ARTs system was great.

AKS for me, it’s more realistic.

“Ok, you attacked me, now it’s my turn!”
“Ok, I’m ready!”

That just doesn’t make me feel as absorbed. Also I feel like I can take a break without pausing in some of these games. I prefer needing to pause. Chrono Trigger, however, had a good system, IMO.

Still, I like SKS style, but I’m an AKS thanks to the Zeldas.

My vote goes to SKS.