Ah!

The only thing I have to add is to arrive a couple of minutes early. It shows you’re punctual and can be counted on.

Originally posted by Dragon Tear
Exactely. Don’t play around with any sticks, pens, buttons, don’t twiddle your thumbs or anything. Just stay calm, talk slowly and clearly.

Don’t talk too slowly and clearly though. You’ll imply that the interviewer is a retard :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Don’t talk too slowly and clearly though. You’ll imply that the interviewer is a retard :stuck_out_tongue:

Or you’re a retard. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Cala
The only thing I have to add is to arrive a couple of minutes early. It shows you’re punctual and can be counted on.

I agree. That will cause a good impression. Punctuality is a sign of responsibility.

-Get there about half an hour early. Not only is that impressive, it also gives you leeway for if anything happens (traffic or whatnot).

-It’s always easier to overdress and take your tie and blazer off than to underdress.

-Find out as much about the company as you can (go online and whatnot). They’re always impressed if you say stuff like “I noticed your company does XYZ. Can you tell me a little more about that?”

-Send a followup letter after the interview basically saying “thank you for your interest, I am looking forward to working for you, if you would like to contact me I am always available here/there/everywhere”. But in better English, of course. 8p

The only advise I can give is don’t be nervous. No matter how intimidating the interviewer may seem to be he/she will possitevely not bite your head off. They’re people just doing there job. That and speak very clearly. It’s even hard for me to do sometimes because I sound like I mumble or not.

I may hand in my application to my local Babbage’s in the mall soon, so I may be in the same possition.

You know, just saying, “don’t be nervous” could be counterproductive advice- especially how Lord Zhou put it… ^^;

there’s a better way to put it?

I’ve never been to one, so, no. does the good luck dance

Originally posted by Lord Zhou Yu
there’s a better way to put it?

Yeah, you could just say “don’t be nervous” :stuck_out_tongue:

blank stare …i knew that. :stuck_out_tongue:

My advice is to not let yourself get into the trap of thinking it’s a big deal or that you have something to lose. The less of a big deal you think of it as, the less likely you are to trip out over it and hence be nervous.

Of course, don’t come in arrogant and blow stuff off (that’s going a bit too far) but you don’t want to get yourself all worked up and overprepare and obsess over rehearsing answers to the likely questions and standing in front of a mirror practicing smiles and shit like that.

(Coming off natural is going to be more favorable than coming off rehearsed, anyway).

The less concerned/worried you are, the less nervous you’ll be. Hell, if it helps, think of it as a “practice” interview that you’re doing not to get a job, but to experience interviewing and learn “how to interview” for a job you really want.

“So what if I don’t get it? It’s JUST FRIGGIN’ BEST BUY. No big deal.” Stuff like that.

Whoa. Apparently Circuit City called me- they want me to take a drug test, which my dad said that means that they want to hire me (they wouldn’t go through the expense if they weren’t going to).

And this is despite what my mother said,

Mom: “Why did you tell them that you disagree with drug tests? They’ll think that you’re a drugee.”

Me: “But I said that I would definately show up for the test.” (mainly because I had nothing to hide

Mom: “They’ll think you’re a no-good drugee, and nobody will hire you!”

This was on a multiple choice test that they gave out.

I said that I strongly disagreed with their right to give me a drug test. In another question, they said how likely would it was to show up for a drug test, and I said “100% Likely.” As much as I disagree with the law, its still the law, and as long as the government says that they can take my bodily fluids is as long as I have to comply with this law (as nearly every single place of employment would require me to do the same- and if I want to get ANY money at all, I would have to comply with their fascist laws).

Oh, don’t worry, I’ll destroy them from within. << >> whistles

Of course, I’d RATHER take the job at Best Buy, so I’m going to wait until after my interview with them.

I’m sure you’ll have to take a drug test there too. Almost every place requires a drug test now. One place where I worked used my hair for the drug test.

Originally posted by SoulDivider
I’m sure you’ll have to take a drug test there too. Almost every place requires a drug test now. One place where I worked used my hair for the drug test.

That isn’t why I’d rather work at Best Buy.

Its because they have a better music selection (employee discount). >_>

Originally posted by Rountree
[b]That isn’t why I’d rather work at Best Buy.

Its because they have a better music selection (employee discount). >_> [/b]

that’s the reason I’m trying to get a job at media play:cool: