About the collab fic...

I seriously, honestly hope that SOMEONE has had the foresight to record each post made in it. Beacuse if not…

We were so frikkin close too! cries

That was a great fic too. You can start a new better one at least. I lost my Reno story too. ;_;

Bugger.

I never thought to backup my contributions to that story. And I really thought well of what I wrote for that story. And I thought the rest of you guys came up with some really inspiring stuff.

But no, I didn’t, placing false faith in the infallibility of these forums.

Oh well. There is nothing else to do now but to rebuild like those who lose their homes in floods and stuff. Backing our stuff up this time around, of course. :wink:

Hmm. This might be a blessing in disguise.

The story had gotten so long, it was intimidating to read.

Now, if you people want, we can start were we left.

How? Simple. One of us (me, most likely) writes a summary of ALL that went before, and we take off from there.

Can we try it?

I think you’ve just volunteered yourself, Wil. :wink:

Go for it.

OK, I’ll do it.

Later, however. I have a lot of stuff to do first. (Yes, even thought it’s Sunday.)

It’ll be either tonight, or tomorrow.

I can’t say it enough times; that I’m sorry about the collab fic. I should have made a backup.

I agree with Wil. I did want to read that thread, but… yeah. I like my eyes. I want to keep them functional.

Originally posted by Weiila
I can’t say it enough times; that I’m sorry about the collab fic. I should have made a backup.

I doubt anyone blames you Weiila, I know I don’t. I blame the worm.

Thanks frame, I still feel that I should have kept it safe though.

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
[b]Hmm. This might be a blessing in disguise.

The story had gotten so long, it was intimidating to read.

Now, if you people want, we can start were we left.

How? Simple. One of us (me, most likely) writes a summary of ALL that went before, and we take off from there.

Can we try it? [/b]

Sounds like a pretty good idea… But…

The only problem is that it wouldn’t really be a fic anymore, it would be a continuation of something that’s gone.
I’d <I>love</I> to see how it ends, but without most of it, it wouldn’t be anything to add to the archives.
I mean… Writing:
“Most of the fic got deleted, but here’s the ending at least”
doesn’t sound like a good idea…

I’d say that it’s better to start a new one. The old one just died.

If anyone happens to have it saved somewhere… Well, like I said, I’d love to see how it ends…
But as it is right now, the fic is pretty dead.

You have a point, Poke. However, it was MORE than a story, it was a collaboration.
If there are still people among us who want to continue it, even if only so we can find out the ending, then it is worth it, in my opinion. This is NOT just about adding something to the archives.

Besides, I feel like doing SOMETHING to defy the person(s) that created the Worm. Continuing sounds good to me.

I was all set to post my (extensive) summary, but I guess I should put it to vote. What do you guys say?

Post it Wil, we’ll see if the spirit still is there then.

I remember about a month ago I was about to save it all, but it was like, 20+ pages, and I was too lazy. I kinda feel bad now, too. But, let’s see what we can do with this new one, eh?

Why not. I want to finish it.

And who knows. We might be able to reconstruct it sometime…

Don’t feel bad Bookbag, you couldn’t know :confused:

It’s sad that we lost it. I was just getting into it, too :’( If we do try and finish it, it will probably be just for peace of mind of the people taking part - I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t read/write any story, no matter how good or bad, only halfway through. I have to finish it.

We’re near completion anyway. Let’s finish what we can, and then maybe we can start a new one. An even better one :slight_smile:

Yah would be a nice idea.

Wouldnt’ mind rebuilding the old one. COUld be done, if hard. laughs

Btw… I thought about this last night and…

Ignore everything in my last post except the part that says “I’d love to see how it ends.” :slight_smile:

Btw… I thought about this last night and…

Ignore everything in my last post except the part that says “I’d love to see how it ends.” :slight_smile: