Aaaaaiiiiieeee! (stress-o-mania)

So finals start next Wednesday for me. No big deal, I have plenty of time to study for them. That’s not the problem; the problem is that I’ve procrastinated so much that I’ve got an entire semester worth of work to catch up on.

If you may recall, I had a week off for Thanksgiving. You want to know what I did with all that free time? I was in the library looking up the Battle of Britain, the history of Cambridge, and anything I could find about theologians and philosophers concerning “what makes us human?” I woke up by 7 each morning and usually got to sleep by midnight. I managed to complete four of five significant essays, with the last of those being now about a half an hour from completion.

That wraps up essentially all the work for two of my classes this year, excluding the finals for them, although I will spend a considerable amount of time this coming weekend preparing for those.

Tomorrow I will be moving on to a slew of long overdue biology and chemistry lab assignments in an attempt to revive my grades to the passing range. Studying the chapters will have to wait.

Fortunately, things aren’t nearly so bad as they were at the beginning of last week when I had all five papers looming ominously over my head, and perhaps the greatest occurence of idiocy in my recent history…

Backing out of a parking spot after lunch, I failed to look all the way behind me and collided with another vehicle doing the same thing. Collided may not be the right word, perhaps bumped. Anyway, I realized what happened, pulled up a little back into the parking spot, and got out of the car, leaving the door open, but as a habit, locking it as I stepped out. The damage was minimal, and no one was hurt. Never having been in an accident where any visible damage was done, I was a slightly out of sorts, although not anywhere near panicking. The irritating beep from that indicates the car door is open while the keys are in the ignition prompted me to shut the said door. If you’ve been reading attentively, you realize what my situation was.

None of the other doors were unlocked either, no reason for them to be so. Until you do it yourself, you have no idea how infuriating it is to lock yourself out of your car. It could have been much worse, and I’m glad it wasn’t. The other driver wasn’t a jerk, and he’d never been in an accident before either. He also had a cell phone (with a camera which he used to take pictures of the damage, mostly scraped paint) and the police arrived after only a half hour (which is slightly ironic because I could easily have walked to the station and back twice in that time). Also, being as my car had no fancy power windows or locks, the officer was able to unlock the door quickly using a simple tool (I’m not worried, the car has already been stolen once).

Okay, just had to get a bit of that out of my system. Feel free to vent your stress here if need be. I’m going to sleep now so I can wake up in 6 hours to finish off that blasted Theology essay before Bio lecture

All my finals are next week…this week is pretty much so a recap of everything else in the semester and because of that, there are no new assignments. I still have several unfinished labs, so I’m glad I have a little extra time to finish those off. ^^;

…but after finals, I’m gonna PARTY! :yipee:

Originally posted by demigod
the problem is that I’ve procrastinated so much that I’ve got an entire semester worth of work to catch up on.

If you had been more responsible ever since the beggining you wouldn’t be so stressed right now :get it?:

Originally posted by Ren
If you had been more responsible ever since the beggining you wouldn’t be so stressed right now :get it?:

DDDDDDDDUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Originally posted by Ren

Way to tell me something I already know that is not at all helpful.

Today in class we learned that our Theology final will be an out of class essay due by the scheduled test date. I think this is a good thing, because we get to choose from one of five topics now instead of having the professor choosing one of the five (and two of them are completely beyond me).

I did the same thing. I had several projects assigned at the begining of the semester and I haven’t started them…until now. One week to do three projects, yeah, it’s doable…or so I keep telling myself :hahaha; .

I have a papers due Wednesday and 1 due on Thursday.

Wed:
2 pages on the movie Mystic River(easy)

Th:
3000 words on Islam.(NOT easy)

I have a Jazz Improv final tommorow. I can only study and practice late tonight.

The 600+ dollars I thought I would have from my tuition check from home won’t be in my hands until next year. Now I can’t go Christmas Shopping.

I have to march a 3 mile parade tonight. In the cold. With only our marching uniforms to keep us warm.

I can’t afford decent face-soap. I have to wash with Dial, and it’s peeling and irritating my skin.

My ass hurts.

Yet, life is still peachy.

I have to make a book cover and back by thursday. I also have to find a color printer by then.

Procrastrination is addicting, which is sad, because procrastrination is bad.

I blame the Internet. I didn’t procrastrinate before I started spending time online. Now I even procrastrinate online.

I’m not helpful either, but DAY-UHM I am glad I am done with college.

I decided against doing the project. I looked at my current grade on edline, and saw that if I were to not even do it, I could still raise my grade up to a B+ by the end of the semester (in time to skip my semester exams, and probably my finals at the end of the year.)

Damn still two more weeks for me to finish this semester and is all of exams no essays or the like,it sucks studing for six different exams.