A Video Game board that didn't mention this?

Fuck you, Commander Keen lives in my heart. Right next to Hugo.

Vandalism party in the arcade? I’m so there.

That FU- made me think about a lot of stuff…that rhymes with pac.

There were cutscenes in the original Pac-Man, too, they were just different in Ms. Pac-Man. Also, Pac-Man only had one maze, whereas Ms. Pac-Man had 4. There was a fruit bonus in both games, but it was stationary in the original Pac-Man, and it moved from one tunnel to another in Ms. Pac-Man.

You may have meant all of that stuff in your original post, I just thought I’d clarify. Due to the difference in mazes, it’s generally agreed upon that, while Pac-Man is a cooler character, Ms. Pac-Man is a better game.

984, cut it with the sexual joke webcomics, please? We have kids reading this.

The name Pack-Man still doesn’t make sense. He doesn’t run in packs.

I love pac-man, but I HATE the cartoon version, where he has a- NOSE?? :eek:

And how about that new DS Pac-Man game where you have to DRAW P-M as you go??

The FIRST Pac-Man is the BEST Pac-Man.

Haven’t you ever heard the phrase “Classics never die?”.

I believe it ends “They just fade away”?

I could be wrong.

Haven’t you ever heard the phrase “Classics never die?”.

CLASSICS ARE GREAT, BUT DEAD. COMMANDER KEEN IS A GREAT GAME, BUT DEAD. YES, THE GAMES ARE STILL FUN AND AMUSING TO PLAY, BUT THEY’RE DEAD. YOU’RE NOT PLAYING A LIVING THRIVING GAME: NO ONE IS MAKING ANY NEW. YOU ARE PLAYING A DEAD GAME USING WHATEVER DAISIES IT HAS PUSHED UP AS CONTROLLERS AND ITS TOMBSTONE AS A SCREEN. OR IN OTHER WORDS, <a href=“Yes. This whole post was just to insult Shinobi. I like classics.” style=“text-decoration: none;”>SHINOBI IS A NECROPHILIAC.</a>

<Yes. This post was just to insult Shinobi. Ssssh>

I don’t call a game dead just because the game manufacturers arent’ making any more of them. To me a game is dead when nobody wants to play it. Now you tell me there’s nobody in this forum that would go “Ooh, an old Pac-Man machine, I got to try it out.”

Puck Man never dies.

Pacman comes to life virtually
By Lakshmi Sandhana

A human version of the classic arcade game Pacman, superimposing the virtual 3D game world on to city streets and buildings, is being developed by researchers in Singapore.
Players equipped with a wearable computer, headset and goggles can physically enter a real world game space by choosing to play the role of Pacman or one of the Ghosts.
A central computer system keeps track of all their movements with the aid of GPS receivers and a wireless local area network.
The Human Pacman was developed by Adrian David Cheok and his team at the Mixed Reality Lab, National University of Singapore.
Merging different technologies such as GPS, Bluetooth, virtual reality, wi-fi, infrared and sensing mechanisms, the augmented reality game allows gamers to play in a digitally-enhanced maze-like version of the real world.

It has been selected as one of the world’s top 100 high-impact and visionary technologies and will showcased at the Wired NextFest 2005 in Chicago, US, which runs from June 24 to 26.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4607449.stm

But they made a new Commander Keen (technically a re-release, not a new one) for Gameboy Color a few years ago. They could always pull that again for a modern platform. Other than that, yes, I consider that game to be “dead,” if that’s how you care to refer to it.

Pac-Man, though, would not be “dead” by those standards, as he shows up in new games fairly often (Pac-Man World, Pac-Man World 2, Pac-Man Fever, Pac-Man Versus, and various Namco Museums).

Oh, like in that movie Club Dread! :smiley:

That human pac-man thing sounds rather like the game of lasertag. Just without the laser part. Would be interesting to play though.