A serious question-

I recently acquired a twitch in my right eye- just within the last three days. I’m not sure what to do about it.

Does anybody know what to do about a twitch?

I get a slightly bad twitch in my right arm once in a while, not sure how to get rid of it though.

whenever i get a twitch, i just don’t do anything. it passes after a while…

you might be under a lot of stress…

It may be a lack of Potassium. Eat something rich in Potassium.

Well, I personally would wait it out, and if it doesn’t stop after a week I’d go see a specialist.

unless it’s a serious problem…it shouldn’t bother you much longer. just do what epic said…

I have one too, when I see it in movies, it usually caused by Stress, or some kind of childhood trauma.

There’s no point worrying about it, and i doubt there’s anything u can do 2 get rid of it anyway.

yeah…just wait it out.

I get a twitch in my left eye, it’s not that much of a problem for me really, it comes and goes all the time, I kinda like it… … …I think there may be something wrong with me…

i only get a twitch when i’m under a lot of stress…so i just relax and wait it out…

I’d eat more oranges, melons or bananas if I were any of you guys.

I had twitches when I was younger, and when I started taking lots of orange juice everyday they simply never happened again.

Originally posted by Ren
[b]I’d eat more oranges, melons or bananas if I were any of you guys.

I had twitches when I was younger, and when I started taking lots of orange juice everyday they simply never happened again.[/b]

Yeah, I heard that fruit like oranges, etc. are helpful for things like this…come to think of it I have been drinking more orange juice lately and I haven’t actually had a twitch for a while.

Muscles contract when they receive a command from neurons located in or around your backbone. This command comes in the form of a bioeletric pulse.

The pulses in said neurons are regulated by ions coming in and out of the nervous cells. If you lack some ions in your body, they may either stop working (really serious cases) or work when they shouldn’t, generally sending multiple pulses to a muscle (may be serious but may also be something little like twitches).

The most common lack of ions has to do with potassium, since people nowadays increasingly eat nutrient-poor food. When you miss a little potassium, your nerves may trigger impulses when they shouldn’t. Then twitches happen. This is solved by adding potassium to your eating habits. Good sources of potassium are oranges, melons and bananas. I think some kinds of meat are rich in potasium too.

Wow, u must be smart.
Unlike me:(

Originally posted by Ren
[b]Muscles contract when they receive a command from neurons located in or around your backbone. This command comes in the form of a bioeletric pulse.

The pulses in said neurons are regulated by ions coming in and out of the nervous cells. If you lack some ions in your body, they may either stop working (really serious cases) or work when they shouldn’t, generally sending multiple pulses to a muscle (may be serious but may also be something little like twitches).

The most common lack of ions has to do with potassium, since people nowadays increasingly eat nutrient-poor food. When you miss a little potassium, your nerves may trigger impulses when they shouldn’t. Then twitches happen. This is solved by adding potassium to your eating habits. Good sources of potassium are oranges, melons and bananas. I think some kinds of meat are rich in potasium too. [/b]

this man is much smarter than i am…

and why doesn’t that surprise me?

quiet, ayane…

Eat a few bananas.

Last week I was at my girlfriend’s house and she laying on the bed watching Dr. Phil. I of course was laying on the bed behind her sleeping.(no way in hell I’m stating awake during Dr. Phil) I don’t know what happened but I think my whole body like twitched or something cause it woke me up and nearly sent my girlfriend flying off the bed. That actually happens pretty often when I take naps were I just get a leg twitch and it scares me out of my sleep. That happen to any of you guys around here?

Thats actually a form of sleeping disorder called “Restless Leg Syndrome.” I’m not sure what (if anything) you should do about it.

Originally posted bySoulDivider
Last week I was at my girlfriend’s house and she laying on the bed watching Dr. Phil. I of course was laying on the bed behind her sleeping.(no way in hell I’m stating awake during Dr. Phil) I don’t know what happened but I think my whole body like twitched or something cause it woke me up and nearly sent my girlfriend flying off the bed. That actually happens pretty often when I take naps were I just get a leg twitch and it scares me out of my sleep. That happen to any of you guys around here?

My brother sometimes does that when he’s asleep, he doesn’t wake up though. One time he fell asleep when we were watching some film on TV, he twitched and hit me in the face…::doh::