A serious question about my mental health.

Ok, everyone jokes about hearing voices, right? Well, a few months back, I really DID hear voices. It was three people, trying to decide my fate. I was laying in my bed, half asleep, staring at the ceiling. The phone rang and suddenly the voices were gone and I realized what was going on. The weird thing is, about that same time I started having severe moodswings. It was like I was three people; The happy, cheerful, funny me, the angry, vengeful, evil me, and the sad, depressed, crying in my pillow me. Then it all stopped. I’ve often wondered if I should seek couciling, but I figured i’d be alright.

Originally posted by Atherelius
Ok, everyone jokes about hearing voices, right?

right. including you, atherelius.:stuck_out_tongue:

but seriously, if this is real, it might’ve been because you were half-asleep. that happens to me, too.

You may have dreamed you were lying in bed.

Hey, it sounds weird, but it’s happned to me before.
I once dreamed that I was awake in bed, and wanted to get up, but I couldn’t, beacause my whole body was numb.

If this actually does happen during your daily routine, I’d suggest asking some professionals about it.

Well, I figure that I might be imbalanced chemically due to extreme depression when I was younger.

I wouldn’t really worry too much unless it happened a few more times and or maybe more frequently. mooglish huggles:moogle:

I don’t think depression has anything to do if you heard voices, that would be another mental illness. If your extreme depression as a kid was cause from your parents genes, then you might have another mental illness in your family. Sorry if i sound condensing, don’t mean to.

That happens to everyone, its just that most people don’t remember it happening.

Alot of weird things can happen when you’re half asleep. It’s really nothing to worry about.

I agree. HAlf-asleep means nothing. But if you hear the voices during your daily life, and regularly, then you should seek help.

I doubt you’ll have to worry, at least untill it starts happening while you’re fully awake and speak out loudly. Uh… So why’s everyone looking at us?

I don’t hear voices - just mine. I talk to myself a lot. I can carry entire conversations with myself, explain things to my self outloud…and I do it often.

I’d suggest doing a study of dreams. It could be an inner argument about what your attitude about your life will be.

I’ve learned that sometimes the human mind can take your imagination farther than you think. But, with your case… the best thing I can say is seek help from a professional.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I don’t hear voices - just mine. I talk to myself a lot. I can carry entire conversations with myself, explain things to my self outloud…and I do it often.

Same here, I’ve never figured out whether it was normal or not though. I’ve tried to stop lately but it’s become a habit.

Pardon meh, but when I’m high I hear voices sometimes too, it’s odd…

Originally posted by Urkani
Same here, I’ve never figured out whether it was normal or not though. I’ve tried to stop lately but it’s become a habit.

Same here. I don’t really do it in public, because that’s just weird, but I’ve never been able to figure out if more people do that.

And oddly enough, I don’t do it when Im high.

That’s really interesting. I’ve seen stranger things when I was in bed with a fever, but this seems a little more coherent. Do you remember much of it?

Xwing1056

Originally posted by Sorcerer
[b]Same here. I don’t really do it in public, because that’s just weird, but I’ve never been able to figure out if more people do that.

And oddly enough, I don’t do it when Im high. [/b]

So, doing it in public is a bad thing?

I don’t talk to myself in public because it’s a bit embarrasing.

I don’t think you should worry…

I once heard shrill pipes and flutes, while there was a sound of something big large and slimy walking around… (And anyone who has read a lovecraft novel know that that is BAD!)
That happened while I was half asleep, and the only thing that’s happened to me is that I’ve now got an inside joke about Cthulhu living in my bathroom. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and I speak to myself a lot too… That was one of the reasons that the thing I just mentioned happened :stuck_out_tongue:
Kids, remember: never talk to yourself when reading a book which involves maniacs summoning demons… Reciting summoning rites can be mad for your mental health. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and I hear voices too… Mostly when there are other people around, but I hear voices. :stuck_out_tongue: