A question of ethics

I’d kill him then use my newfound Godlike powers to bring him back to life, thus sparing me the guilt and him the… death. Then I’d make the aliens suffer by forcing them to give me a spongebath.

Kill him, of course. Says I, but if faced with that situation without the background, I wouldn’t have fought back to start with. Having grown up under those circumstances, however, I imagine that I would have been a different person entirely.

The easiest and the absurd solution.
Since god is dead.
Kill thyself.

I would probably fire one last shot, but delibrately miss the kid, by mere inches. Before totally destroying his tank/mech, but sparing him.

This way, the aliens will see who is superior, yet not without mercy. And I (and a select few from Earth) will be granted the godlike powers, alone.

I would spare the child. You did not say that the battle need be won by the death of one combatant. In any case, to smite an unarmed foe is dishonourable. The child would be captured and then dealt with by authorities.

After seeing the Omen, I say fry the little punk’s ass. :enguard:

Fry the kid. Though, I would rather set up an alliance with the other earth people and overthrow the sadistic aliens.

Gods powers are not meant for humans, as is shown from the evil that resulted from the idea of such a prize. Let the boy live, and tell the aliens to go to hell with their sullied hands.

Originally posted by Kairi
Gods powers are not meant for humans, as is shown from the evil that resulted from the idea of such a prize. Let the boy live, and tell the aliens to go to hell with their sullied hands.

Eh, there have been a few stories and things about mortals becoming gods, and nothing bad happening. Remember Dionysus?

nope, I don’t remember. Is that the greek god of wine or something. ???

Yeah he is. I used to know his story quite well…

EDIT: The Gods frequently made new Gods, are at least granted certain humans with diety-like status for various reasons. The main reason the gods wanted the certain human for their beauty and company and to be a lover. Stuff like that.

Oh Yeah! He didn’t do anything wrong. But didn’t the women who worshipped him do something awful, I can’t quite remember what it was. Hmmm…

Are we talking about Bacchus? Didn’t his followers get drunk and rip people to shreds?

Dionysus was the God of Wine; Bacchus was a deity people used as an excuse to get drunk and party hard.

Dionysus is Bacchus!

Was Bacchus the Roman equivalent…? it’s been awhile for me.

Yes, Bacchus is Latin for Dionysus.

I see. I can barely remember the Greek names. Much less the Roman.

I only remember it because I studied Mythology last year.

Heh, :P, I studied it two years ago, knew everything perfectly, then after the final on it, whoosh, it was all gone