A question from a 21 year old

Vodka.

Vodka smells and looks like industrial strength cleaning solvent, and tastes like what I always imagined gasoline tastes like.

Drink Vodka straight ONLY if you want to put yourself off to alcoholic beverages completely (which, you know, isn’t a bad idea).

Happy birthday man. And on the same day as my parents’ 26th wedding anniversary.

Anyways, I can’t make any suggestions. I would suggest moxie, as that stuff is as strong as one can get without getting any alcohol involved.

But why go for beer though? I’d go for some nice french or italian wine if I were that age. (ok, I have tried wine before, but that is only because I’m part italian and my italian uncle gave me some at a dinner, wasn’t much though)

Anyways, drink in moderation my friend. Don’t let it get the best of you. I know how it feels to have a relative get drunk and beat up on another relative.

In my case though, I’ll always stick with moxie. Strong stuff without the alcohol.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Vodka.

ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE MAJOR ALCHOHOLICS DRINK VODKA STRAIGHT. Remember that. If you ever smell medicine on someone’s breath, it’s vodka. Stay away from them.

Vodka can be mixed with almost anything, and it basically makes things taste like alchohol. Really. I suggest mixing it with Tomato Juice or Orange Juice, tastes pretty good. Use in moderation, it’s very strong.

Yea, thats bullshit. I’m not an alcoholic and I drink vodka straight all the time. Double shots baby.

As far as mixed drinks go, most anything is good really, I prefer mixed drinks over everything else. Fuzzy Navels are a favorite, as are sunset screwdrivers. I don’t know how she did it, but a friend of mine made strawberry sunset screwdrivers somehow, and they were good. I’m not too wild on rum and coke though.

I’d also like to say that drunk people aren’t always violent. Some people get rowdy, but most people just laugh in their drunken stupor. Being drunk isn’t a bad thing, doing stupid things while drunk is.

First off, some random comments. First off, LOVE the avvie. Second, shouldn’t your name be in all caps? o_O Just wondering.

Anywho, happy B-day. Enjoy yourself.

Oh, and one thought…Beer jello. Think about it. :get it?:

Originally posted by RPG Knight
ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE MAJOR ALCHOHOLICS DRINK VODKA STRAIGHT. Remember that. If you ever smell medicine on someone’s breath, it’s vodka. Stay away from them.

What the hell are you talking about? I actually enjoy drinking vodka, although to be honest it’s mostly because it gets you drunk. I’m certainly not some irresponsible teenager that goes around stealing things and being an idiot in general, I just like to have that sort of fun once in a while (drinking, not causing trouble :P). And I’m definately not an alcoholic, nor do I see myself becoming one.

Vodka’s not too bad because it doesn’t leave an aftertaste. At least it doesn’t for me. Sure, it tastes like rubbing alcohol for the 0.1 seconds it’s in my mouth, but once it’s down it dries out my tongue too much to taste anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

The trick to enjoying any alcoholic drink is to learn how to drink it, because different drinks should be handled in different ways. And of course it varies from person to person. Just remember that if you’re sipping it and it makes you want to puke, try drinking it fast instead. And vice versa.

Vodka Blueberry or Iron Brew kicks ass.

I personally prefer citrus vodka of the smirnoff brand.

I used to sneak out my dads whisky and tha tasted great, but it gave me headaches sometimes.

Polar Ice is great, although I haven’t tried Smirnoff.

Hey, straight vodka is good, if you get good vodka. I swear, the one time when I had even just shots of cheap vodka, I couldn’t get the feeling that I had consumed rubbing alcohol out of my mouth.

I’m pretty simple when I drink, usually. I tend to get gin and tonics or Cape Cods (vodka and cranberry juice). I know that some people have suggested Long Islands, and it’s sort of fun to see those made - it looks like they just grab random bottles and pour crap in there, lol. For a different twist on that concept, get a Long Beach Iced Tea - everything’s the same as in the Long Island, but it has a splash of cranberry juice instead of Coke. If those are made properly though, thye might be more than what you’re looking for here.

Those things like Smirnoff Ice and Mike’s Hard are like candy in a bottle. I don’t really like them since they’re usually too sweet. Schnapps are like candy too, but I like schnapps better than those premade things. Sometimes I order an apple martini - it’s vodka, sour apple schnapps, and I think that’s it.

My advice for drinking - don’t bother unless you get the good stuff. I’m probably way too picky compared to most people here, and I know it’s more expensive, but the way I see it, it’s so much more worth it if you get the good stuff. Not saying it’s not worth it at all, lol, wink wink, but it’s better when it’s good.

… it’s funny how I could go on and on and on about this topic… good grief :thud:

on a side note, a friend of mine told me that when the fuzzy navals come out, the girls pants vanish. Or somethign to that extent. Maybe it was just her oppinion… but hey, for all your guys out there… :stuck_out_tongue:

and I knew I spelt Schnapps wrong.

Oh! Try jello shooters! XD You can make them yourself, put in whatever booze you want/as much as you want and the jello ^^ They are goooood… Mmm…

:kissy:

Vicki speaks the truth. The cheap stuff is really bad liquor. Go the distance and get the good stuff and you’ll be a lot happier.

limincello, eh. I had some when I was in Italy for vacation…3 years ago. It is sickeningly sour. We got free samples from a store somewhere, I spit mine back out because I couldn’t get it down (then very quickly left). Just be careful if you have some, tiny first sip, it’s got a strong taste.

Smirnoff Ice isn’t bad… I like Guiness, on occasion… Mainly daquiri wine coolers for me, though. Kick ass.

And as for food alcohol: Tiramisu. Kick ass.

<A href=“http://www.barnonedrinks.com/recipes/cocktails/t/thecoconutmonkey.html” target="_blank">The Coconut Monkey!</A>

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Polar Ice is great, although I haven’t tried Smirnoff.

I thought you were talking about Polar Pro from Firesign Theatre for a second there.

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
[b]Vodka smells and looks like industrial strength cleaning solvent, and tastes like what I always imagined gasoline tastes like.

Drink Vodka straight ONLY if you want to put yourself off to alcoholic beverages completely (which, you know, isn’t a bad idea). [/b]

Vodka isn’t all that strong; I keep a flask of it on me most of the time, and it’s one of the few things I drink:P