A question from a 21 year old

Yes yes, I turn 21 tomorrow (August 27th). I pondered putting that in the B-Day thread but I think instead of getting wished a happy B-Day people would ask who I am :thud: anyway!!!

Anybody know of some good drinks I could either make or buy? I want something that tastes good but won’t get me smashed right away. I swore I wouldn’t get raging drunk at all and I intend to stand by my word :hahaha;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Whats your name? I’ll send you a present.

Can’t go wrong with beer.

Newcastle, if you can find it, is really good.

50 year old Canadian whisky.

Originally posted by Charlemagne
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Whats your name? I’ll send you a present.

I don’t want any explosives, arsenic, or any other lethal material. -_- but I appreciate the thought Charlemagne.

Stuff that tastes good? Jagermeister, Kalhua, Irish Cream, Pucker and most any type of Schnapps tastes good.

You might want to stick to mixed drinks if you want the taste and not to get drunk right away (although sometimes mixed drinks have more alcohol in them then they seem…be careful).

If you REALLY just want something that tastes good and won’t get you wasted, stick to the wine coolers.

Just go to a bar, show them your ID and they’ll take it from there. Make sure to let them know it’s your 21st birthday.

Why not a strip club/bar?

Just buy a buncha booze and get wasted.

What ever you do DON’T drink everclear. Its really nasty shit.

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
Can’t go wrong with beer.

I believe he asked for something that tastes good :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Exo
[b]Why not a strip club/bar?

Just buy a buncha booze and get wasted[/b]

Did you read his post? He said he didn’t want to get wasted. Plus he asked for suggestions on what’s good. “Booze” isn’t specific enough to be a suggestion.

Dai, it’s been rumored that some countries make beer that actually tastes good. :stuck_out_tongue: My personal recommendation for beer is Guiness.

If you want something that tastes good, all of Hiryuu’s suggestions are good (except Irish Cream, I dunno how anyone can drink that shit). If you like lemony stuff, try some Mike’s Hard Lemonade or Smirnoff Ice.

And if you ever DO want to get really wasted but still want something that tastes good, try a Long Island Ice Tea.

Irish coffee and Baylies. nod, nod

Fuzzy Navals ^^;;
Peach snaps and orangse juice!

And you actually waited till 21? Pfft, move to Canada :stuck_out_tongue:

:kissy:

Beer tastes like horse piss.

not Newcastle.

8D

Originally posted by Hiryuu
[b]Stuff that tastes good? Jagermeister, Kalhua, Irish Cream, Pucker and most any type of Schnapps tastes good.

If you REALLY just want something that tastes good and won’t get you wasted, stick to the wine coolers. [/b]

Kalhua, Are you kidding me? That’s the foulest thing I’ve ever drunk. Wine coolers are a good bet, and I had something a while ago that was like sprite and some kind of liquor mixed together and sold that way which tasted just fine. I can’t remember the name though.

So far, Eden made the best suggestion Fuzzy Navels rock. You can taste the alcohol enough to know its there, but its not overpowering. And enoughj of them wuill waste you, but just one certainly wont. Also Pina Coladas are ok, Sex on the beach is good, but somewhat more complicated to mix. Oddly enough, Red Bull and Vodka, in equal proportions tastes really good, despite how nasty Red Bull is. Though Buy the Schnapps and make the fuzzy navels, chicks (noit feeling PC today) absolutely love them, theyll drink themselves silly on em.

(I’m 24, and used to stock a full bar in my Apt.)

limincello . i had some when i went to italy theres no drinkin age there i tihnk cuz i got a little tipsy:mwahaha:

Hmm, I’d imagine that since it’ll be your first (legal) drink, I suggest something weak. Wine is usually pretty weak, and plus it’s about the only stuff that tastes good. If you want beer, it’s a bit stronger and you usually end up drinking more, but if you’re careful, I’d suggest anything German. They’re like geniuses. Although beer has less of a flavour than a feeling, so if you’re looking for something with a lot of taste, stay away from beer.