A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step

It came out last tuesday. Anybody else get it? I like a lot of the tracks, and like Mer de Noms, it’s growing on me. I don’t think it’s as good as Mer de Noms in that it lacks the intensity of the music, but it still holds the excellent Maynard lyrics and voice. It sounds a lot more like Tool though I think, which isn’t neccessarily a bad thing.

I haven’t heard of them that I know of, but Tool is good so if they resemble them in some fashion they must be somewhat good. I’ll look around for it.

A Perfect Circle and Tool shrae the same frontman/vocalist, Maynard James Keenan.

I haven’t gotten it, but I’ve seen it in stores. I saw the video too, and the song was alright. Nothing spectacular though.

a perfect circle’s pretty cool but my brothers friend was all excited about gettin and said he was pretty dissapointed in it

I’ve been thinking about getting it, but not sure.

I was also pretty excited about it, since APC was never even supposed to go past one album. When I heard about this one I flipped my shit :wink:

What type of music it is?

Alternative metal.

I might look into it then.

Not that it’ll be in any music stores around here, last time I checked the lot of what they had in the metal section wasn’t metal.

what’d they have in your metal section ?

Eh, APC is borlderline metal. They might just be in the rock section.

I don’t care what they are. I like 'em. I’ll probably get their album (it’ll be the third I’ve ever bought :o)

It’s alright, the main problem I have with it is that the songs seem to take too long to get going. The first song doesn’t get going until about 4 and a half minutes into it!

I’ve only heard The Noose, and I’ve heard Judith, from their first album, many a time. I think I am DEFINITELY getting their albums :smiley:

Originally posted by Steve
I’ve only heard The Noose, and I’ve heard Judith, from their first album, many a time. I think I am DEFINITELY getting their albums :smiley:

You’ve only heard TWO of their songs and you’ve decided to get their albums? :stuck_out_tongue:

I listened to pretty much all of the first one before I bought it- and I’m going to borrow the second one from a friend before I waste my money on it. I mean- even great bands like Iron Maiden have really shitty albums (anything with Blaze), so I’m not so sure about a band that has only had one album behind its belt.

I haven’t bought a CD in 2 years. I just borrow my friends copies and burn them.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
I haven’t bought a CD in 2 years. I just borrow my friends copies and burn them.

I’m sure you’d like people to do that if YOU made your living as a musician. -_-

Originally posted by Cybercompost
I’m sure you’d like people to do that if YOU made your living as a musician. -_-

As long as someone else pays for it, I’m OK with it.

Originally posted by Nicholas D. Wolfwood
what’d they have in your metal section ?

Rock, and very often, not even hard rock.