A new school!

In an attempt to not spark a huge religious debate I am simply going to say:

Why would you want to believe in a vengeful god? Wouldn’t a nice big cuddlie one who loves everybody regardless be alot nicer? Sometimes I wonder about people.

(There are rhetorical questions, I’m not really looking for answers. :P)

:kissy:

DB I never said there aren’t people that aren’t open to new ideas, I simply stated that people should be. You don’t necessarily have to agree with a conservative position or a liberal position but it is good if you can see where people come from instead of just bashing them for thinking a certain way.

As for the religous debate, God can be loving or vengeful. If you have read the Bible you see many examples of both.

The bible also said women are subservent to men, so it also has examples of sexism.
What’s your point about the bible having examples?

I was just pointing out that there are many faces of God and many different things in the Bible, that’s all. Also I was just wondering, do you happen to know what page is says women are subserviant to men, just out of curiosity?

Genesis 3:16

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Right there. I duno about you, but when I am being ruled over someone, that means, for some reason, right or wrong, I am beneith them.

(I feel dirty for quoting the bible. I will wash but shall never be clean. ; ; )

The Bible is a good guide to how to live, but shouldn’t be used literally to describe every event that happens in human history. Jerry Falwell, if you remember this, remember that God REALLY hates it when you use his words to promote hatred and deceit. Have a nice trip to Hell.

That might make me think twice about screaming “THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELED ME” while writing crazy things all over the walls…

on second though, no- Satan did send me that cordial invitation to join him in the 9th circle of hell, it would be rude to refuse. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont think he sees god as vengeful. God is just. God is love. He is a mix.

DB: How do you know all of the people in the WTC were straight? For all we know, every one of them was “pagans and the abortionsists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way”.

Oh, and I’m not agreeing with Falwell at all, I’m just stating my opinions.

I dont think he sees god as vengeful. God is just. God is love. He is a mix.

umm…who is he?

They say that Gods a bad muthafucka.

Mind explaining Roe v. Wade?

Wizardmaster: based on the ratios of gays to straights, chances are there were more straight people in the WTC than gays. But I suppose it is technically possible that they were all gays and lesbians and abortionists and so on and so forth, I just doubt it. I was just saying that as a means of vengance, it didn’t seem the right way to go.

oh fucking hell…

It was the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion. It’s been under attack every year since.

Oh HELL NAW.

At least unless the Libs can pick themselves together for once.

You know, I think I should one day build : “Igatona’s Politics School For People With Short Fuses”, all it would be about is this : “When you meet a bigoted/racist/sexist idiot, don’t bother talking, just kick him in the nuts and be on your merry way.”

Whoo hoo, thanks Jerry Falwell, you set back the progress of the Christian faith back about 50 years again. While he’s at it, he should make a school dedicated to destroying all forms of birth control.

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?t=18474