A MegaMan game I missed?

I think the old MM had the ability of Angle Shooting in R&F. I know Forte did. Maybe Light forgot to program angles in, or got bored before he did.

bionic commando is cool… i’m still playing it actually… but i suck at it but i think it’s cool how he can’t jump

Originally posted by Pierson
I think the old MM had the ability of Angle Shooting in R&F. I know Forte did. Maybe Light forgot to program angles in, or got bored before he did.

Thus proving that Dr. Wily is only competend in the most irrelevant ways imaginable.

Yeah, he follows the “go with what works, even if it doesn’t” line of thought. And so does Sigma, in fact.

Now Dr. Light is dead. If thats true, then why are there all these capsules in the MMX universe? They all can’t just keep appearing for no reason. It my theory that Dr. Light is in cahootz with Dr. Wiley!

Who’s Dr. Wiley? The bad guy is Dr. Wily.

Well, if we follow that formula, then why are you guys talking about Dr. Light? It’s Dr. Right darnit! No! Wright! No! Duck Season! No! Rabbit Season!

And… am I the only one who thinks Dr. Light speaks like Elmer Fudd in MM8?

One thing I hate about X7: VOICE ACTING.

Axl sounds like a 12-year old boy who watches too much Pokemon,Zero sounds like a 40 year old drug addict and X…

X sounds like a male. Yes that’s right, no more girly voice.

Originally posted by Mabatsekker
[b]Well, if we follow that formula, then why are you guys talking about Dr. Light? It’s Dr. Right darnit! No! Wright! No! Duck Season! No! Rabbit Season!

And… am I the only one who thinks Dr. Light speaks like Elmer Fudd in MM8? [/b]

No. If you didn’t, you’d be the only one.

I think they need to stop making new X games and freaking make Megaman 9 to create an actual link between the Megaman and the Megaman X series.

There is a Megaman 9 for SNES. Only was released in Japan though.

Now you can get it on GBA, it’s called MEGAMAN AND BASS.

No, there isn’t. You speak of Rockman & Forte (Recently released on the GBA as Megaman & Bass). That game is not, and I repeat, IS NOT Megaman 9, it’s a seperate spinoff of the series, and as I said, NOT Megaman 9.

I never got that far into R&F. I really should. Bass/Forte is just so much cooler than MM. Sorry MM…

I love MM games, yet I suck at them hard ;;
I nearly destroyed my Megaman: Zero out of frustration ;
;

I have played all of the megaman games (except X7) I have also finished them all. Lets just say that I am impatient about trying X7.

Rockman and Forte is part of the actual story of Megaman, thus making it not a spinoff :stuck_out_tongue:

Purchase date: Thursday
Finished: Saturday.

If you’re surprised by this, you haven’t played a Megaman game. But on a more serious note, the review.

Graphics: You either love em or hate em, or plain don’t care, but graphics do matter in this day and age in terms of recent games. In this case, X7 delivers what it promises: they’re okay. It’s not spectacular, mindblowing breathtaking stuff, but it’s not bad either, it’s just that: Okay.

Sound: In terms of music, it’s the usual quality although the beat is less than usual in this incarnation of the newest megaman game, plus the whole lack of lyrical themesong in the US version is kind of a shame, SFX speaking it’s same old same old, but I wouldn’t have played X7 if I expected innovation. Voice acting however, you either like it or you loathe it. I found Zero and Axl’s voices to be fitting and acceptable, and X’s somewhat whiny but serious voice was also bearable, however the Maverick’s voices made me shift to japanese voices after two stages. Considering that every boss’ speech differs according to whichever character fights him, it’s easy to guess there’s a fair bit of voice work.

Gameplay: The important aspect of any Megaman game, it’s…well…slightly dissapointing. Uno: Axl’s vaunted Copy Shot ability stinks, mostly because it has to be the kill shot and most enemies that would make such a power useful have either too much or too little HP to survive the initial barrage. Second: The upgrade system is MANDATORY, were it not for the 1/2 damage upgrade, I don’t think I would have beaten Red as my tank was Zero, making things mindnumbingly difficult since he had 3/4 of the upgrades and most heart tanks. If you don’t rescue the reploids with upgrade chips, the game is a nightmare, but with them it most mavericks are laughable. Standing in one place and slashing like a maniac while absorbing the punishment is not supposed to be a viable tactic. The camera is horrible for the full 3D-esque battles, Legends did far better with the camera than this, mostly because lock-on or no lock-on, it’s entirely manual.

Character related gameplay

Axl: His’s gun has the power of a mosquito against bosses, it just doesn’t hurt but he’s your man for the actual stage. HOWEVER, once you kill a few bosses he truly begins to shine in any situation. For instance, once you beat a certain maverick if you keep the weapon at the ready he wields two handguns instead of one, it ain’t bad when you have speedshot upgrades and fifty purcent atp boost, but it’s even more fun with the heavy rifle. Sadly that’s about the only reason why you’d use maverick weapons, because actually using the weapon itself isn’t going to hurt anyone, I’ve only seen one actual weakpoint work right in terms of damage, if anyone found more then I’d be impressed.

Zero: Starts off slow and surprisingly close to useless during stages due to low vitality and short range, give him three levels in Power, two in speed and two in special, giving him a six hit saber combo at 50% more power, take half damage and stay flashy invincible for about 6 seconds and he quickly becomes the greatest asset to the team/boss killer until you get X, or at least that’s how it went for my first shot at the game.

X: He’s supposed to be the star of this serie, right? I’ll probably use him more in the Newgame+, but even when you get him fairly late he is still a great asset: Long range chargable firepower is always good. The giga crush is X2 styled area of effect, a lifesaver at times, and you won’t ever need to use the special weapons as the buster is exceedingly powerful. He has no doublejump (dunno what the boots do, didn’t find yet), his upgraded buster doesn’t charge more (only charges weapons) and the helmet is amazingly useless (acts as a powerup magnet) but he’s still lean, mean and blue…can’t believe I just wrote that.

Aaaaaaanyway, in terms of a Megaman game, it beats X6: It’s hard and challenging but not freaking impossible, plus it’s just plain fun even if not exactly difficult for a veteran player. I think it deserves at least a 7 out of 10.

Originally posted by Zero
Purchase date: Thursday
Finished: Saturday.

Same here. I used X and Axl all the time.