A lousy excuse from Square.

Thanks, Cid, but I was aware of those facts. I was refering to Japan above, and I’m sure that fandom over there isn’t that different from here.

Um… you do know that when a new Final Fantasy game comes out in Japan the entire country takes a day off? Fandom is incredibly different over there. More mainstream, for one.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
when a new Final Fantasy game comes out in Japan the entire country takes a day off?
::dekar!:: ::dekar!:: ::dekar!::

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Um… you do know that when a new Final Fantasy game comes out in Japan the entire country takes a day off? Fandom is incredibly different over there. More mainstream, for one.
Not as much as DQ. There are laws there for the days it comes out because of the fandomism.

But they are supposbly releasing VII & VIII with improved graphics
,hopefully an improvment of the dreadfull Materia system,full 3-D(like FFX),improved dialogue,celeberty voices(Samuel L. Jackson as Barrett MWAHH HAAA HAAA),ect. in a collection set(like Anthology,Chronicles,and Origins).

:fungah:

I don’t know where you got that idea, but Square Enix has never said anything of the sort.

I doubt if they did do that, that they would change an aspect of the gameplay so prominent as the materia system.

Honestly I think they can stick FF up their ***** and put the former Quest team to keep working on other Episodes of the Ogre Battle saga, which is by FAR the best franchise they have in their hands now, gameplay-wise (sadly not popular-wise… but they could make it get popular).

But avoiding getting knocked by fanboys I’d say I’m not completely against a FFVII-2, but not really a “2”. I think a sidestory would work nice for most games, and specially on FF7 I think some good spin-offs could be created based on a) Vincent, when he was still working on the Turks. You could start as a villain which would be cooler; b) Sephiroth, when he was still on SOLDIER. I dunno how that game would work out, some mission-based flick perhaps; c) a space-game ala Centipede or Asteroids starring Cid. Haha I have such good humor.

Anyway bring on the Ogre Battles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well… yes

You’re deffo onto something with plan b), though, we know Sephy fought in the Shinra-Wutai war, a mission-based game like that, based along the lines of FFX-2, would IMO be way better than a one hour movie sequel :hahaha;

Definately, and with something like a Kingdom Hearts battle system it would so cool.

Originally posted by Last Cetra
I think a sidestory would work nice for most games

List of all possible spin-offs:
FFI
Sky Warriors

(Not very familiar with II)

FFIII
Dark Warriors

FFIV
Cecil’s father
Cain’s father
Zemus’ story (kind of mixed w/Klu Ya)